War in Ukraine

The ubiquitous M113..like the B-52 of land force.

I see Army youtoobs of logistics. Cannot tell if I am seeing old European stock kit but see some armor livery that is either freshly painted Euro camouflage, but hints to 1980's.
Obviously if it is an M-1 desert pink then it probably came from stateside.

Silly..but Paint can give one an idea of what is being prepared.

So why haven't we provided ATACMS to Ukraine? They theoretically would allow UAF to blow up the Kerch bridge amongst other targets.

The purported official line is we don't want to give them a weapon capable of striking deep into Russia.

Could it be in reality we politically simply don't want Ukraine to "win" outright? Hate that prospect, but it's a possibility. Are we concerned about a technology transfer? That they would be intercepted? That we don't have enough in stock?

I find this baffling.

Reactions: USF grad in TN
So why haven't we provided ATACMS to Ukraine? They theoretically would allow UAF to blow up the Kerch bridge amongst other targets.

The purported official line is we don't want to give them a weapon capable of striking deep into Russia.

Could it be in reality we politically simply don't want Ukraine to "win" outright? Hate that prospect, but it's a possibility. Are we concerned about a technology transfer? That they would be intercepted? That we don't have enough in stock?

I find this baffling.

Limited stocks and the production line shut down is what everyone says.

Biden instructed Pootin to march Russian troops into Ukraine? Interesting take on things.
No, Putin wanted a buffer zone between Russia and NATO countries and Biden's threat to make Ukraine forced Putin's hand. Biden should have never talked about Ukraine become a member of NATO.

This right here is the 30 year problem that many in here refuse to acknowledge.

Do I think that Ukraine has the right to want to join NATO? Yes.

But the responsibility rests with NATO (if they are really a defensive alliance) on whether it would be wise to accept them into NATO. Just like the US would have legitimate security concerns if the Chinese or Russians began arming and training an army in Mexico or Cuba, it is to be expected that China and Russia should have their same security concerns recognized.

So now, we are in a position where the US and it's hubris will have this decision made for them by Russia instead of coming to this reasonable outcome on their own and with $100+ billion staying here at home.
It was before my time but Cuba wanted to form an alliance with the old Soviet Union and have them install missles in Cuba whereby Cuba would make the US to repect/recognize Cuba's sovereignty. Yet Kennedy said no for Kennedy did not want Russian missles at the US back door where those missles could reach major US cities in a matter of minutes. Kennedy wanted a buffer zone separating Russian missles from mainland US. Not unreasonable for Putin wanting the same.

No, Putin wanted a buffer zone between Russia and NATO countries and Biden's threat to make Ukraine forced Putin's hand. Biden should have never talked about Ukraine become a member of NATO.

If you have no plans for aggression, then you would have no problem with a NATO neighbor. It's really pretty simple. But now because they tipped their hand, Russia will have more NATO neighbors immediately next door.

It was before my time but Cuba wanted to form an alliance with the old Soviet Union and have them install missles in Cuba whereby Cuba would make the US to repect/recognize Cuba's sovereignty. Yet Kennedy said no for Kennedy did not want Russian missles at the US back door where those missles could reach major US cities in a matter of minutes. Kennedy wanted a buffer zone separating Russian missles from mainland US. Not unreasonable for Putin wanting the same.

Not in the least. Russia is an aggressor, NATO is a self defense pact. Don't cross NATO, and you have nothing to worry about.

If you have no plans for aggression, then you would have no problem with a NATO neighbor. It's really pretty simple. But now because they tipped their hand, Russia will have more NATO neighbors immediately next door.
How does Putin know NATO has no plans of aggression? Making Ukraine a NATO country was aggression to Putin.

VN Store

Back