War in Ukraine

Overhead View of HIMARS Hitting Convoy at Night

Note the video is provided by a UKR drone freely flying over this Russia territory... miles from the front line.

That does *not* bode well for RUS if UKR is capable of watching all their troop movement... unless @rasputinvol tells me otherwise. ;-)

EDIT: It appears @rasputinvol is gone. His name doesn't autopopulate and it's unsearchable. Alternatively, Freak has banished me to Dean Wormer's office.

View attachment 665890
His ID is actually @Rasputin_Vol but don’t worry there is still at least one bald dwarf leg humper willing to speak up for his man crush right @volgr ?

Do these Russian commanders think they're packing up and taking the kiddos to a Taylor Swift show? Dear Lord, they're getting demolished by their own stupidity

Reactions: MontyPython
The classic Putin answer to the Ukraine incursion in Kursk? Attack another shopping mall!

KYIV, Ukraine (AP) — Russia declared a “federal-level” emergency in the Kursk region following a large-scale incursion from Ukraine and sent reinforcements there on Friday, four days after hundreds of Ukrainian troops poured across the border in what appeared to be Kyiv’s biggest attack on Russian soil since the war began.

Meanwhile, a Russian plane-launched missile slammed into a Ukrainian shopping mall in the middle of the day, killing at least 14 people and wounding 44 others, authorities said.

22:30 The Pentagon commented on the situation in the Kursk region, stating, “We do not consider this to be an escalation in any way. Ukraine is doing what is necessary to achieve success on the battlefield,” said Pentagon Deputy Spokesperson Sabrina Singh during a briefing on the operation in the Kursk region. She added that the US will continue to support Ukraine with the resources it needs."
What else is a government spokesperson going to say?

I know everyone's celebrating in here, but if Ukraine continues to make major advances into Russia, there's the very real possibility of Putin feeling like he's getting backed into a corner and nuking Ukraine.

I completely support Ukraine defending itself against Russia. I don't like that they're using American weaponry to invade Russian territory.

From what I read, Russia was staging troops to open a new front and Ukraine preemptively attacked that area to stop the advance. That was just someone’s theory, but it makes more sense than anything with just 1000 or so troops attacking inside of Russia.

Reactions: norrislakevol
From what I read, Russia was staging troops to open a new front and Ukraine preemptively attacked that area to stop the advance. That was just someone’s theory, but it makes more sense than anything with just 1000 or so troops attacking inside of Russia.
If that's true, then it was good strategy. Push towards the enemy to eliminate them building a launching pad, and strong defenses of it.

Don't they need those for their retaliation attack on Israel?
Right. The Iranians will do a "strike" that they hope doesn't anger the Israelis enough for them to hit back hard. For a country lead by an apocalyptical death cult, they sure do care a lot about self preservation.

I do wonder what the long term strategy is. No way in hades Putin lets them keep Russian territory. And they aren't going to be able to take and hold significant enough territory to have a material impact on the actual fighting in the south and east. Maybe its just symbolic as suggested to be in a better spot for peace. but I just don't see it as a viable long term strat.

willing to bet our Ruskies wont show up until about 5 mins after Russia retakes the first stop sign in Kursk to celebrate the complete decimation of the Ukrainian attack.

I imagine there is a strategic decision tree. Which branch of the tree Ukraine goes down depends on how Russia responds.

The two major branches being 1) continue to take land in Russia for bargaining while disrupting Russian logistics or 2) launch a secondary offensive elsewhere on the frontline that is weakened if Russia transfer troops away to Kursk.

VN Store

Back