Wars, genocide, reparations, etc (split from recruiting forum)

The reality is football is a toxic masculinity sport.

I love the sport. I was intially sad that my kids don't play, but I'm ok with it. Everytime I'm around the middle school or high school team its just disgusting how filthy these boys speak and act. This video right here does not surprise me in the least. In fact, I'm shocked we don't see more of it.

Again, I like the sport. I'm just saying it's toxic. I'm sure there's exceptions out there, but this seems pretty normal to me. This was normal when I grew up playing in the 80's & 90's

Reactions: SoilVol

I love the sport. I was intially sad that my kids don't play, but I'm ok with it. Everytime I'm around the middle school or high school team its just disgusting how filthy these boys speak and act. This video right here does not surprise me in the least. In fact, I'm shocked we don't see more of it.

Again, I like the sport. I'm just saying it's toxic. I'm sure there's exceptions out there, but this seems pretty normal to me. This was normal when I grew up playing in the 80's & 90's
The woke agenda to brand any aspect of natural male behavior as "toxic" (LOL) has, and will be, a disaster. This will come as a shock to you , but teen boys and "speaking filthy" go hand-in-hand, regardless of whether football is involved.

The woke agenda to brand any aspect of natural male behavior as "toxic" (LOL) has, and will be, a disaster. This will come as a shock to you , but teen boys and "speaking filthy" go hand-in-hand, regardless of whether football is involved.
My teenage son cleans it up when he’s talking around his mama, but I have overheard him talking to his friends, and can confirm 😂 and edit: this is nerds, not football players .. someone thinking all boys don’t talk dirty amongst themselves.. and they are a dude? Come on. 😂 Sometimes Volnation just cracks me up

Last edited:

Attachments

• A98A445B-3901-4582-BD61-C1452BA632DD.gif
    A98A445B-3901-4582-BD61-C1452BA632DD.gif
    523.7 KB · Views: 4
what the hell are you talking about? this is such a ridiculous topic, fear topic, narrative is pushed by fox news.

turn the tv off, unplug. get involved with the kids. and i mean, spend quality time with them. use your adult brain to decipher what is truth and not truth.

it's incumbent on us as parents to guard our children and teach them right from wrong. if we do our job, we'll be fine.

The woke librul agenda to not allow me to punch pop warner kids no more.

Toxic? We try to raise young boys to be the kind of men that society needs. Not the hand-wringing whiny, effeminate ones that society thinks it wants.

Toxic? We try to raise young boys to be the kind of men that society needs. Not the hand-wringing whiny, effeminate ones that society thinks it wants.
The whiny hand-wringing ones are not the ones that we want to marry or father our children, generally 😂 there are some crazy women who think they want a really soft effeminate man, and quickly find that they do not 😂 I’ve seen it happen quite a few times with younger friends.. you live and you learn

Last edited:

It's changed quite a bit since then. Overall you're probably still right, but it's getting a lot better and examples like this one where a coach gets fired are evidence of that.

My 14 yo son has a sense of responsibility for himself better than a lot of folks who spend all their time hand-wringing and whining about a “the woke agenda”, and he hasn’t even had to take a punch to the gut by a jackass coach to develop it.

what the hell are you talking about? this is such a ridiculous topic, fear topic, narrative is pushed by fox news.

turn the tv off, unplug. get involved with the kids. and i mean, spend quality time with them. use your adult brain to decipher what is truth and not truth.

it's incumbent on us as parents to guard our children and teach them right from wrong. if we do our job, we'll be fine.
You do your job great as a parent, and they are still going to talk filthy 😂 and surprise: women talk filthy to each other too! 😂

My 14 yo son has a sense of responsibility for himself better than a lot of folks who spend all their time hand-wringing and whining about a “the woke agenda”, and he hasn’t even had to take a punch to the gut by a jackass coach to develop it.
I think we are conflating the two disparate issues lol.. punching bad, sh!talking amongst hetero males, expected

I just Googled "football toxic masculinity" and didn't see Fox anywhere in the first several pages of links. I did see CNN, HuffPo, The Guardian, LA Times, NY Times, WaPo, etc. So whether or not it is a "woke" issue, it is certainly a point of discussion in the liberal media.

You do your job great as a parent, and they are still going to talk filthy 😂 and surprise: women talk filthy to each other too! 😂
Yea as management in restaurant for years I have walked into and overheard women's conversations and yes they were dirty talking going on...😏😏

Reactions: LadyVolette
My teenage son cleans it up when he’s talking around his mama, but I have overheard him talking to his friends, and can confirm 😂 and edit: this is nerds, not football players .. someone thinking all boys don’t talk dirty amongst themselves.. and they are a dude? Come on. 😂 Sometimes Volnation just cracks me up
“Locker room talk” among teenage boys has been documented back to Ancient Rome and probably further. It’s obviously been around since the beginning. But this evil toxicity must be put to an end now that we are so very enlightened in 2023.

Reactions: LadyVolette
I just Googled "football toxic masculinity" and didn't see Fox anywhere in the first several pages of links. I did see CNN, HuffPo, The Guardian, LA Times, NY Times, WaPo, etc. So whether or not it is a "woke" issue, it is certainly a point of discussion in the liberal media.
Down with the patriarchy!

I think we are conflating the two disparate issues lol.. punching bad, sh!talking amongst hetero males, expected

I agree. My son and his friends do it just the same as we did. But there is a line between playful banter and being an a-hole, and I try to teach him that line.
I also like to point out the bitter irony of someone hand-wringing and whining about the “woke agenda” turning people into hand-wringing whiners.

Reactions: screenthis
The Tetons are magnetic...you can't stop looking at them from anywhere you are in the 50 mile long valley. The dramatic rise of the Tetons from the wide flat valley and the beautifully jagged, yet almost perfectly somehow symmetrical ridgeline is just...magnetic.
As the wise sage Butthead once said, "Beavis, I have seen the top of the mountain.......and it is good."

“Locker room talk” among teenage boys has been documented back to Ancient Rome and probably further. It’s obviously been around since the beginning. But this evil toxicity must be put to an end now that we are so very enlightened in 2023.
The flip-side of this is women being envious, or catty, or jealous of one another..aka ‘mean girls’ it’s kind of part of the human experience, and it’s kind of how we are all programmed to compete with one another for resources and mates 😂 Now, people can try to ‘rise above such things’, but it is always going to be there at its core, unless we are going to be robots or something 😂

I don’t watch Fox News at all but I don’t think they are pushing terminology such as toxic masculinity.

Reactions: Jackcrevol
I agree. My son and his friends do it just the same as we did. But there is a line between playful banter and being an a-hole, and I try to teach him that line.
I also like to point out the bitter irony of someone hand-wringing and whining about the “woke agenda” turning people into hand-wringing whiners.
No, I see no whining 😂 I understand the ‘woke’ comment triggers people.. my son is also not an a hole to people 😂 but he is also respectful, responsible, and knows how to stand his ground and not be pushed around, so I count that as a job well done edit: my daughter also has been taught to be respectful, responsible, and confident, but for the love of God, stand up for yourself

Last edited:
Then turn them off too.

Reactions: knoxvol52

VN Store

Back