was it coaching that cost us the game or talant.

GOATeric14berry

If we swaped mariotte for worley would we of had a chance...i think so. you cant run a read option without the option part

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 people
We were outplayed in every facet of the game. They were much, much quicker with their no huddle and made the right calls to exploit our D to it's fullest. We could have made it more competitive with a quality QB, but once that offense got in rhythm we simply could not hang with them. Oregon dominated, period.

If this staff had Mariotta, it'd be their wet dream.

Smart kid, mobile, good arm, good composure.

That is their picture perfect QB.

A cement shoed, inaccurate, easily rattled QB with no arm strength is definitely not it, I'd wager.

We were simply out-talented, but I was disappointed we kept punting the ball though.

The talent gap was humongous, but OC did not call a great game. We had way too many running plays designed to go from one flank around the opposite end. Against Oregon's tem speed, that borders on stupid.

It was talent. UT doesn't belong on the field with teams like that right now. Better coaching might have kept the game a little closer for a little longer, but ultimately UT never had a chance yesterday.

Reactions: 1 person
If we swaped mariotte for worley would we of had a chance...i think so. you cant run a read option without the option part

you are right. if we SWAPED our worst player for their best player at the most important position in football...we would OF had a chance

Reactions: 2 people
There has never been a coaching staff that would have kept this TN team close to this Oregon team in their 3rd game. To believe otherwise is simply bewildering.

Reactions: 1 person
I dont see how people state that the talent gap is that big? According to Rivals our classes have been very similar.

Quit looking at recruiting as a comparison...Oregon has been recruiting for a system for 8 years....we have Changed our system 10 times in the last 7 years both defensively and offensively. You cannot do this and expect to win without stability in the coaching and staff....Dooley made the biggest impact with the staff changes and micromanagement.

VN Store

Back