Way too early but I'm picking anyway

UGADawg4Life

East
UGA (offense sets SEC scoring records, defense sets records for most points allowed)
UF (would be my #1 pick 'cept I hate 'em)
USCe (no Lattimore no more, Clowney leaves team to run for Governor)
Vandy (beats UT in Knoxville, fans try to tear down the goalposts but there are only 6 of 'em)
UT (good new coach bounce, not enough gas for schedule. Finally decides to change fight song! :p)
Mizzou (welcome to the SEC, part deux)
KY (let's go to Keeneland, basketball season can't be that far off!)

West
LSU (Bama's bored)
Bama (Bama's bored)
A&M (Johnny's bored)
Ole Miss (As good as they'll get......ever......until next season)
Arky (Trainwreck......please, no more LizHoney2u vids!!!)
MSU (Where else to rank 'em?)
Auburn (Fans TP Jordan Hare, AD is sent to Siberia. Malzahn's wife makes really bizzare appearance on Christian talk show, part deux)

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
East
UGA (offense sets SEC scoring records, defense sets records for points allowed)
Vandy (beats UT in Knoxville, fans try to tear down the goalposts but there are only 6 of 'em)
UT (good new coach bounce, not enough gas for schedule. Finally decides to change fight song! :p)

West
LSU (Bama's bored)
Bama (Bama's bored)
A&M (Johnny's bored)
Auburn (Fans TP Jordan Hare, AD is sent to Siberia. Malzahn's wife makes really bizzare appearance on Christian talk show, part deux)

Your picks are terrible. Mainly because of where you put Tennessee. Your opinion is invalid and not correct

:loco:

Reactions: 14 people
UGADawg4Life, are you expecting your defense to set a school or conference record for most or fewest points allowed? If you hope to establish a new conference record in the latter category, that simply will not occur. You cannot surpass the achievements of the '39 Vols, who were the last Division 1-A team to complete the regular season without giving up a point.

Reactions: 4 people
I say your picks are reasonable. I wouldn't put money on Candy beating UT again, but other than that sure. You're dreaming if you think we're ever changing our fight song.

Reactions: 4 people
UGADawg4Life, are you expecting your defense to set a school or conference record for most or fewest points allowed? If you hope to establish a new conference record in the latter category, that simply will not occur. You cannot surpass the achievements of the '39 Vols, who were the last Division 1-A team to complete the regular season without giving up a point.

I don't think it's an SEC record

East
UGA (offense sets SEC scoring records, defense sets records for most points allowed)

West
LSU (Bama's bored)
Bama (Bama's bored)
A&M (Johnny's bored)

Vandy doesn't beat us in Neyland. Not this year. Even though I expect our offense to struggle throughout the year, I could see us pulling off the upset against South Carolina if we're in position to beat them. I think Tennessee will finish 7-5 on the year, and hopefully get that 8th win in the bowl game. If we can pull off an upset, 8-4. Either way, with a well coached team, we're going bowling.

My 2013 prediction:

SEC East:
1)Georgia
2)South Carolina
3)Florida
4)Tennessee
5)Vanderbilt
6)Missouri
7)Kentucky

SEC West:
1)Alabama
2)Texas A&M
3)LSU
4)Ole Miss
5)Arkansas
6)Mississippi State
7)Auburn

Reactions: 3 people
Typical Georgia fan preseason prediction. At least 90% of the time, Georgia fans pick UGA to win, not only the SEC, but the National Championships. Therefore, I am not very impressed by this prediction. All we have to do is remember who they have as their coach. I wonder when they will play Alabama and LSU in the same regular season. Automatic two loses for them.

I think OP said Most Point Allowed....as in they aren't good. At least that's the way I read it...unless of course I misread the part where he wrote most point allowed.

just messn

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
I assume we will take 4 in east. Finishing record of at least 7-5 maybe suprise win gets us to 8-4, then hopeful bowl win but tough to predict without knowing the opponent, either way as long as we make a bowl the fans will keep riding this butch jones train as he takes us back to the top

Go vols!!

If I was a GA fan, I'd be less concerned with Rocky Top and more concerned that my school's fight song is "I've been workin' on the railroad".

Reactions: 2 people
East
)

What's wrong with "Down the Field?"

I assume we will take 4 in east. Finishing record of at least 7-5 maybe suprise win gets us to 8-4, then hopeful bowl win but tough to predict without knowing the opponent, either way as long as we make a bowl the fans will keep riding this butch jones train as he takes us back to the top

Go vols!!

So your saying that if we don't make a bowl in year one that fans will be calling for Butch Jones job? Wasn't Fulmer still making it to bowl games when all the fans were calling for his job?

Tennessee finishes 4th or 5th in SEC East going 6-6, 7-5 if we're lucky...year two of the Butch project will be the one to look forward to, when offense is comfortable running plays with Dobbins as QB

And the former 2012 VOLS who have given up the MOST points.

VN Store

Back