We are not traveling well this weekend...

Just heard on WJOX that UT AD returned 3500 of their allotted 5000 tickets. SIAP.

Thats what happens when the product on the field has been horrible for 5 years and we just took the beatdown of the century. Its one thing to travel to see your team compete, its another to see them continually lay down and play scared. Thank the UT administration for half a decade of poor choices.

Reactions: 1 person
Have to admit I'm still kinda tired from the Oregon trip but will be making the trip to Gainesville with 3 others.

I think that number had to be 3500 returned out of 8,000 and not 5,000.

Reactions: 2 people
A lot of people that might have gone usually probably just spent several thousand dollars on a mini vacation to Oregon and had to sacrifice a couple other away games they usually go to

This is the reason that we aren't going to Gainesville. We dropped about 4k on the Oregon trip.

Expecting fans to make back to back trips like this, even if we were winning, is a tough sell in this economy.

Thinking they'll go a 2nd straight week after a 40+ point beating and being nearly 20 pt dogs this week is wishful thinking. Few teams would travel well in these circumstances.

Blame Florida and their fans behavior......

where it belongs--on a UT program that has suxed for a decade and has pretty much been pathetic against florida for a long time. I give those Vol fans who do travel to away games a helluva lot of credit and thanks; I'll admit it, they are better fans than I am. I don't even watch UT on TV anymore--can't take the losing anymore--much less go to away games. Just telling it like it is.

UT has the dumbest, worst fans in America.

/trendy VolNation response

I hated UT's fanbase before it was cool.

And I was also hating on those who hate UT's fanbase before that was cool too.

JMO

JMHO

IMHO

IMO

WHATEVERELSEISTHECOOLACRONYMNGOESHERE

In all seriousness hats off to the guys and gals travelling with the team. Takes time money and dedication and I am certain the players and coaches appreciate it.

Yea pretty sure we will have more than 1500 people there. Just a hunch though.

Well if you think about it which city would you rather visit Eugene in the fall or Gainsville in the summer.

My son and I were there to welcome the team to Autzen Stadium for the Friday walk through. They seemed to really appreciate us making the trip out there. One that really stood out to me was Rajion Neal. He came over to us and personally thanked my son and I for being there. That was pretty cool of him to do. There were about 10-12 Vol fans there to welcome them on Friday. Coach also took some extra time to chat with us and thank us.

A lot of people that might have gone usually probably just spent several thousand dollars on a mini vacation to Oregon and had to sacrifice a couple other away games they usually go to

qft

Expecting fans to make back to back trips like this, even if we were winning, is a tough sell in this economy.

Thinking they'll go a 2nd straight week after a 40+ point beating and being nearly 20 pt dogs this week is wishful thinking. Few teams would travel well in these circumstances.

That is a lot to ask, but I promise you, had UT beaten Oregon a lot more Vol fans would be there.

and we returned about 3,500. Last year, UF returned over 3,000 of their tickets to us.

But the sky is only falling on UT right?

Losing magnifies everything!

It's easy to use the excuse of UF fans being obnoxious. They've been that way for a long time and it never seemed to affect UT's turnout. That's not a valid reason. That's an excuse some of you are using to justify the returned tickets.

3 straight losing seasons, 8 losses in a row to UF, and coming off the worst beat-down in UT history are the only valid reasons.

where it belongs--on a UT program that has suxed for a decade and has pretty much been pathetic against florida for a long time. I give those Vol fans who do travel to away games a helluva lot of credit and thanks; I'll admit it, they are better fans than I am. I don't even watch UT on TV anymore--can't take the losing anymore--much less go to away games. Just telling it like it is.

I don't know if you can even call yourself a fan anymore, then. You don't go to games, and won't watch on TV.

I can acknowledge as a fan everyone from the eternal optimist to the most negative pessimist (and everyone in between)...but I just don't think you fit in there anywhere at all.

We're probably traveling as well or better than most teams coming off 3 straight losing seasons who just suffered the biggest loss in program history.

VN Store

Back