We beat oregon

Our chances go up with Maggit playing in the Oregon game now (most likely right?). He's the type of LB that you put on Mariota to try and contain as much as possible. His pass-rushing abilities have been sorely missed.

In all honesty we will win the line of scrimmage on both Offense and Defense, that will keep this game manageable. We will be able to score and we will be able to disrupt their plays. If our DB's stay in position and limit plays to the edges we will have a very real chance in this one.

Just don't expect a win guys, I understand having pride but this is an extremely good team.

mariota can beat you with his arm or his legs and thomas is the fastest man in CFB . This game is gonna come down to scheme and the will to win. :yes:

If we lose to Oregon then OP should have to read all the Gruden threads from start to finish.

This will be the keys to beating Oregon. Running the fast paced offense will be useless against Oregon. As they fast it in practice every day. But it might be good for the sec foes.

So where are these keys (plural)?

I'm not going to say I don't think we will beat them so everyone doesn't jump on me and say I'm not a real fan for not being a homer and thinking we will beat Oregon while they have possibly the best offense they've ever had.

Last edited:
Looks like the Vols will have to prove their very own fan base wrong, reality can be altered if the folks involved put forth effort and have the will to change it.

Looks like the Vols will have to prove their very own fan base wrong, reality can be altered if the folks involved put forth effort and have the will to change it.

Will and effort goes along way (especially in matchups that are evenly matched or close to it) but you still have to have talent and experience if you want to win consistently against the the top teams. No matter how much effort you put forth or how much you want to win you still have to have talent. We are on our way back to that point. Just give Butch a little time to build it up.

Last edited:
LOL, you're not my old neighbor up by PSU are you? Talk about bleeding Orange. And basically, a "do not disturb" sign on the front door during college football.

If you do win and run around PDX in your orange like a crazy person after the game, they'll be finding you a place in the line down near the Burnside Bridge. LOL

I could be :)

as a die hard vol even the vols media folks know i am, a team should never have to prove the fanbase wrong. i believe we can win every game this year. we have talent that many are blind to see because of the crappy last 5 years. Believe me i was down somewhat and upset but i still thought we could win every game even with the horrid sal sunseri defense. GO VOLS!

Last edited:
I could be :)

If you are my old neighbor, how are the twins? We're enjoying retirement. :thumbsup:

And remember, I didn't give you too much of a hard time after the last game. Also, we'll be at the game love to see you guys again.

If you are my old neighbor, how are the twins? We're enjoying retirement. :thumbsup:

And remember, I didn't give you too much of a hard time after the last game. Also, we'll be at the game love to see you guys again.

No it aint me . I'm in the Tigard area just off 99. But props for not giving your old neighbors hell. And sorry for implying I might be someone else. I have a lame sense of humor some times.

Last edited:
Hate to say it, but Oregon should blow us out. However, both teams have new coaches, one who has NEVER been a HC and is very young. Their game with UVA will be telling. I wouldn't be surprised if UT makes it close or even springs an upset. I think the ducks will be overconfident and UT will be hungry. It will be interesting!

No it aint me . I'm in the Tigard area just off 99. But props for not giving your old neighbors hell. And sorry for implying I might be someone else. I have a lame sense of humor some times.

That's alright. I'm serious my neighbor told me that during football season not to knock on her door on Saturdays. She's the most diehard Tenn fan I've ever met.

I think I am just going to enjoy this week, next week I'll enjoy the big O game. Wash that last bit of Kiffin off.

VN Store

Back