We beat oregon

You'd be half a retard to not pick Oregon. I bet the line on gameday is 30+

I love the Vols, but it is what it is. If we somehow win, it'll be one of the biggest upsets in recent college football history. Like Michigan vs Appalachian St status.

So now were comparing UT to Appy St.? I know it's gonna be tough to pull out the victory, but that's taking it way too far.

Reactions: 1 person
This will be the keys to beating Oregon. Running the fast paced offense will be useless against Oregon. As they fast it in practice every day. But it might be good for the sec foes.

I knew it, Petrino heard about bUTch and forfeited this week. So moving on to Oregon, we upset them now then head to Gator town and kick their arse!

:dance2:

Tennesseeduke

I knew it, Petrino heard about bUTch and forfeited this week. So moving on to Oregon, we upset them now then head to Gator town and kick their arse!

:dance2:

Tennesseeduke

Never mind the game is still on. My son reminded me we were going at 6am! :cray:

Tennesseeduke

Frustrating that we are playing Oregon a second time and we aren't the UT we used to be or going TO BE. Like they landed in the eye of a storm and said "nope nothing to see here." Oh well if we don't compete with them this year I hope we see them again in the playoffs in a couple or three years.

Last edited:
We have to contain DeAnthony Thomas and Josh Huff. If we can do that, I like our chances. Lyerla (TE) is a hell of a presence and will probably factor in, but unless they throw their freshman RB , Tyner, in the mix, I think our LBs and safeties can handle him. Problem is, he does well down the sideline too. Mariota is pretty inconsistent in the passing game. If they had Darron Thomas still, I'd say no way we deal with all that, but for now, we at least have a puncher's chance.

:birgits_giggle:

That's ... silly. Mariota is better than D. Thomas in every way.

No one thought the Mets would win the World Series in 1969, so I guess anything is possible, just highly improbable.

Beat western Kentucky. Then worry about Oregon . One game at a time.

Watch a replay or at least highlights of Oregon's game with Nicholls State and watch ours. Unless we get significant injury, I can really see us competing in this game. In case you know nothing of Nicholls State, look at their schedule and results last season. They're as bad if not worse than AP. Sure deductive reasoning doesn't work in cfb , but you at least have to get the feeling they're more beatable than most ppl realize.

Nicholls State University Athletics - 2012 Football Schedule

:birgits_giggle:

That's ... silly. Mariota is better than D. Thomas in every way.

I knew one of you quackers would have to waddle in here and start bringing facts into the matter.Ok fine he's better . Somebody has to liven up this defeated fan base.

Last edited:
Of course I'm pulling for us being the die-hard Vol fan that I am, also hoping for the upset, but I just think they have too much speed and quickness for us. Once they get through the line they're probably gone. If we can contain and keep them running laterally then I think our chances will be much better. Can our secondary do their job? If it was Butch Jones second season then I would be more confident of an upset but we've got to be big underdogs here. Reality strikes! Should we pull off the upset then we certainly would have higher expectations for the rest of the season. GBO!

Oregon might be the toughest opponent we play this year on the schedule. They may have a new head coach, but this is still the same Oregon team for the most part. They're explosive, and they execute their offense to near perfection. With that being said, I won't count us out, but a win against The Ducks just doesn't appear likely this season.

Now Florida on the other hand, I think we might have an opportunity to pull off the upset this year. If our offense can execute effectively, I think our defense can keep their offense in check. Florida's offense is once again, extremely bad. The window of opportunity will be there, we just have to finish it.

will the band travel with the team to Eugene? this will be my first Vols game in the last 5 years and theres nothin better in this world than hearing Rocky Top live, no matter what the score may end up being

will the band travel with the team to Eugene? this will be my first Vols game in the last 5 years and theres nothin better in this world than hearing Rocky Top live, no matter what the score may end up being

I hope so. Oregon's band isn't much to write home about.

everybody is jumping the gun on who UT plays next,worry about the Ducks later,it is time to focus on WK

Yeah people, eyes on the prize here. We all know what happens when fans start looking too far ahead, and it could be an absolute gamechanger if someone shows up to the tailgate with PBR instead of Natural Light because they were too busy focusing on Oregon to realize that this week's opponent could be dangerous in their own right.

If lightning strikes... I won't look for UT to have the short drives Oregon has. You can get to the line, snap quickly or whenever you are ready, and still run 8 or 10 play drives. That's UT's best chance in all likelihood. Stay on the field on O. Make their D hold up to long drives. It may even be worse on a D when the opponent gets to the LOS in a hurry then makes them wait in their stance for another 10-15 seconds. UT is also much larger across the front than Oregon without giving up alot of athleticism.

Oregon runs their offense this way quite often, it's very effective at crushing a defense's moral. Just wear them down with a 12 play hurry up offense, milk the clock once you get to the line of scrimmage and just grind out a long drive.

It's a good strategy. And if a defense gets tired and makes a mistake, then it's a TD and a short drive.

No question, I'm pretty sure DT leaving early had more to do with MM than any false sense of his draft chances.

I'd love to have had Darren Thomas stay at Oregon and play WR. He was really the most effective guy K State had last January.

If we are 3-0 after the Oregon game, I probably won't be on here for a while. I will be in the hospital after running around Portland and Eugene pointing at my UT hat yelling Vols B*tch !

LOL, you're not my old neighbor up by PSU are you? Talk about bleeding Orange. And basically, a "do not disturb" sign on the front door during college football.

If you do win and run around PDX in your orange like a crazy person after the game, they'll be finding you a place in the line down near the Burnside Bridge. LOL

I can't believe you idiots that say we have NO chance! Until the game is played and more than likely most of a game there are always, always, always a chance! And anyone that says there no chance 2 weeks before is no way no how a fan!!

This X 1 million.

So many stupid people on this board.

For all you saying that with out a doubt that we are not beating oregon . Let me ask the question, if you know without a doubt why do we even play the game? What is the point of it if there isnt a chance for us to win. Hang up your orange and go watch alabama then. Go vols beat WKU and Oregon.

VN Store

Back