We can win in the swamp!!!

Forget Oregon. I hope we make a good outing and hopefully we can win. But I KNOW we can beat those turds in their own backyard this year!!! I can't wait!!!! We take the series back over in two weeks folks!!!

Stop. Just stop. We're not doing this again.

Sorry, but I doubt it at this time. Let's face it folks, we're kidding ourselves if we believe we've arrived after beating the Hilltoppers. We do this every year before we hit the SEC. Problems still exist: 1) Our pass defense is porous--yeah, we got some picks, but SEC QB's won''t be throwing to our cornerbacks, 2) we get not too much pressure on the QB's from our defensive line--they'll pick us apart with no one in their face, and 3) our QB has an arm like my little sister's. He had better get a little more accurate when he hits the SEC. Otherwise, we look great.

Confidence is the enemy.

You've owned us for a while now. If i were a Gators fan, id be confident no matter what. This game won't get outta hand like last year in the second half imo, but im just not sold on if we're gonna win this game. I believe our chances against Oregon are better than in the swamp, tbh.

We very could well upset Florida in the swamp. Their defense is good but their offense is not that great. If Worley has a good game and our defense makes stops, we certainly have a chance.

Forget Oregon. I hope we make a good outing and hopefully we can win. But I KNOW we can beat those turds in their own backyard this year!!! I can't wait!!!! We take the series back over in two weeks folks!!!

Didn't we say that about 365 days ago, after we had beaten N.C. State & Georgia State? Weren't we excited about a home game against Florida??

Didn't we learn from last season that what we say will be used as bulletin board material?

Let's just play the game and see if Florida will give the game to us on turnovers. I see no other way of beating them with the current state of team 117. Maybe in a few season, we will be able to expect to win the game and may even be favored to win the game, but not this season. Let's just play hard and see if Florida messes up enough to give us the game.

Reactions: 1 person
I felt the same way last year when FL lost to Tamu. I knew we would beat Floridia...

Last edited:
You've owned us for a while now. If i were a Gators fan, id be confident no matter what. This game won't get outta hand like last year in the second half imo, but im just not sold on if we're gonna win this game. I believe our chances against Oregon are better than in the swamp, tbh.

No way. Oregon a wayyyyyyy better team than the gators

Reactions: 2 people
I won't get my hopes up.

Okay I probably will, but still.

Just remember "Any Given Saturday." That's the beauty of College Football, The NFL, and all of Football.
It doesn't matter how unimpressive a team looks in a previous game or previous weeks.

The UG Dawgs were beat in a close game by the Tigers then are able to rebound in another close game vs the Gamecocks.

I agree, Georgia and South Carolina scare me more than Florida does

Sorry, but I doubt it at this time. Let's face it folks, we're kidding ourselves if we believe we've arrived after beating the Hilltoppers. We do this every year before we hit the SEC. Problems still exist: 1) Our pass defense is porous--yeah, we got some picks, but SEC QB's won''t be throwing to our cornerbacks, 2) we get not too much pressure on the QB's from our defensive line--they'll pick us apart with no one in their face, and 3) our QB has an arm like my little sister's. He had better get a little more accurate when he hits the SEC. Otherwise, we look great.

I thought we got good pressure often today...not as worried about that part of it.

I'll believe it when I see it! Until then I am still skeptical. I think we are a year or so away from being back. Have to win against a top ranked team first.

Forget Oregon my arse. That's a losing attitude. The team has to take every game seriously and learn from it and continue to develop. Are you suggesting they just lay down? Because that would be stupid.

I agree, Georgia and South Carolina scare me more than Florida does

I don't think SC is as much of a challenge as you seem to think. Their DLine is phenomenal, but so is our OLine. But they seem to get tired easily, so running our offense at tempo may just wear them out quick enough to give us a shot.

UGH, I mean UGA, is another story. Too complete on too many levels.

Didn't we say that about 365 days ago, after we had beaten N.C. State & Georgia State? Weren't we excited about a home game against Florida??

Didn't we learn from last season that what we say will be used as bulletin board material?

Let's just play the game and see if Florida will give the game to us on turnovers. I see no other way of beating them with the current state of team 117. Maybe in a few season, we will be able to expect to win the game and may even be favored to win the game, but not this season. Let's just play hard and see if Florida messes up enough to give us the game.

I'm with you.

I only read the thead title.

Calm down... FL's offense may suck, but their defense does not.

No we can't. We've been playing this game for almost a decade now.

Let's just not get our hopes up this one time.

So... different team, different coach, UF team that appears to be poorly coached,.... but because previous coaches with different players against different players and coaches from UF dashed your hopes...

Yeah, you're right. Its hopeless.

UT plays disciplined football. I don't know if the talent gap is too great for that to make the difference... but the Gators under Muschamp are anything but disciplined.

VN Store

Back