We will beat Oregon

crunchimusmaximus

So far, their LBs look to be a major weakness and they have zero push up the middle on offense...even against Nichollas state..Mariotta has been utter garbage the first 2 games but can burn you with his feet. 3 percent passing thus far and couldn't even get half his completions against Nicholas State...this is a one dimensional offense thus far...

They are far from invincible and have some glaring weaknesses for a number 2 ranked team...and they can't run between the tackles.

Anyone saying we can't win needs to STFU and not even watch the game....a 20th ranked Stanford held them to 14 points in Eugene last year....we just forced plus turnovers from a Bobby Petrino led offense...if we contain Thomas on the edges Mariotta will cough something up down the field against our defense. So tired of everyone saying we can't win this game when we can.

Last edited:
Reactions: 14 people
So far, their LBs looks tobe a mjor weakness and thy have zero push up the middlen offense...even against Nicholla state..Mariotta has been utter garbage the first 2 games but can burn you with his feet. This Oregon team is far from invincible and has some glaring weaknesses....and they can't run between the tackles. Anyone saying we can't win needs to STFU and not even watch the game....a 20th ranked Stanford held them to 144 points in Eugene last year....we jst forced plus turnovers from a Bobby Petrino led offense...if we contain Thomas on the edges Mariotta will cough something up down the field against our defense. So tired of everyone saying we can't win this game when we can.

144 points.. how many did Stanford score?! Sounds like a Harlem globetrotters score.

Umm seriously, I stand behind the team 100% and my heart hopes for an upset, but the facts are the facts it will be a long uphill battle for the Vols.

No team is invincible that is why the games are played on the field.

Um put the booze up.

Reactions: 3 people
But yes we can win, but it will take a tremendous performance on both sides of the ball for 4 quarters. And some breaks will need to come our way. But never count out the heart of a Volunteer!! Go Big Orange!!

typo...my keyboard sucks

By the way, it's embarrassing to see our fans on Oregon boards talking about how badly we are going to lose.

It happens to us all brother. Just had to poke a little fun.I don't make predictions because I believe in any player that dons the Big Orange. I firmly believe we can find a way to win on any given Saturday.

So far, their LBs look to be a major weakness and they have zero push up the middle on offense...even against Nichollas state..Mariotta has been utter garbage the first 2 games but can burn you with his feet. 3 percent passing thus far and couldn't even get half his completions against Nicholas State...this is a one dimensional offense thus far...

They are far from invincible and have some glaring weaknesses for a number 2 ranked team...and they can't run between the tackles.

Anyone saying we can't win needs to STFU and not even watch the game....a 20th ranked Stanford held them to 14 points in Eugene last year....we just forced plus turnovers from a Bobby Petrino led offense...if we contain Thomas on the edges Mariotta will cough something up down the field against our defense. So tired of everyone saying we can't win this game when we can.

The problem is they don't need to run between the tackles. To beat us you run to the outside and throw to the middle. I hope somehow they are foolish enough to make this a game of trenches, but they won't.

If our play in the half against WKU outside of the interceptions and fumbles are any indication, we will have a hard time winning. However, we did look better in the second half. However we held WKU to 393yds with 171 rushing. Not much of a "hold" in yardage. We'll see how we do against Oregon. I am hopeful.

Ah yes, the once powerhouse Nicholas State, not to be confused with Nicholls State.

In all seriousness though. I feel like we will be able to run the ball on them because of their weakness at linebacker. Hopefully our defensive ends have been coached up not to crash in on plays like they did all year last year or we will be in for a looooong game.

Um...what?

Last edited:
Folks,this is the team we use to be,remember the days.Good luck Big Orange give'm hell. Win or lose I've got my Brick and still believing...and thinking we can win every game.

Reactions: 3 people

The linebackers haven't been a major liability. I remember the days when our SS would lead the team in tackles. 3 of the top 4 tacklers are linebackers.

UT is currently a 28 point dog, which means you should be able to find a moneyline wager on UT to win outright at something around +2000. Ie., wager $1000 to win $20,000. I hope the "We will beat Oregon!"-believing OP is putting his money where his mouth is. Missed opportunity if not.

Reactions: 2 people
Win or lose, the Vols will gain valuable expierience from playing Oregon. If we are ever going to return to prominience it's games such as this that will bring national recognition back to our program. The odds makers don't think we have a chance in hell, but again, win or lose, the expierience will pay dividends down the road. We are in the rebuilding mode, having had 4 coaches in the last 6 years, but brick by brick, the Volunteers will indeed be back.

Win or lose, the Vols will gain valuable expierience from playing Oregon. If we are ever going to return to prominience it's games such as this that will bring national recognition back to our program. The odds makers don't think we have a chance in hell, but again, win or lose, the expierience will pay dividends down the road. We are in the rebuilding mode, having had 4 coaches in the last 6 years, but brick by brick, the Volunteers will indeed be back.

Florida's players will look like they're running in slow motion next week.

Reactions: 1 person

You guys already play a big time schedule. Kudos for coming to Oregon and taking on yet another great team. It can only be good for your program. Nice to see the SEC come play in the west.

Well our entire offense has been "utter garbage" and defense is still giving up big gains which is what Oregon thrives on.

Stanford held them to 14 points because Stanford is a really good football team and UT sucks compared to them.

Get real.

VN Store

Back