Web Censorship and Political Bias

Facebook Bias and Propoganda Efforts Exposed By Project Veritas

Rotten Tomatoes SHILLS For Captain Marvel

Same thing happened with the last Star Wars movie. It was most likely around 27% as well on RT and got “corrected.” It’s also why IMDB removed its message boards. Hollywood couldn’t stand honest assessment of their films.

Same thing happened with the last Star Wars movie. It was most likely around 27% as well on RT and got “corrected.” It’s also why IMDB removed its message boards. Hollywood couldn’t stand honest assessment of their films.
Comments are getting taken down off tons of sites. Why are these companies so afraid of comments? These companies are afraid of any negative feedback and any different narrative than the ones they have teamed up to push out.

Here is another example of comments getting nixed. I usually try to have more variety in commentary, but this guy explains it well.

Reactions: MemphisVol77
China banned millions of people with poor social credit from transportation in 2018
China banned people from buying plane or train tickets 23 million times last year because their social credit scores were too low, according to the Associated Press, which obtained a copy of a government report.

The government rolled out the travel ban on people with low social credit scores last May. According to a report from China’s National Public Credit Information Center from last week, people have been blocked 17.5 million times from purchasing airplane tickets, and 5.5 million times from buying high-speed train tickets. These people had become “discredited” for unspecified behavioral crimes. That’s up from only 6.15 million citizens being blocked from taking flights as of 2017, according to China’s supreme court.

THE CHINESE GOVERNMENT PLANS TO CREATE A FILE FOR EACH CITIZEN BY 2020
As part of the system, the Chinese government also employs a public blacklist of those who have been found guilty of crimes in court and punishes them partly by limiting their ability to buy plane and train tickets.

China banned millions of people with poor social credit from transportation in 2018

Reactions: MemphisVol77
It's apparently a more open facebook that doesn't censor conservatives. If you ask liberals, it's a place similar to facebook where white supremacists bathe in blood while spewing hate speech and plotting to lynch empire actors.

gab | The Free Speech Social Network
I've never heard of gab, but this actually made me laugh out loud. Well done.

Comments are getting taken down off tons of sites. Why are these companies so afraid of comments? These companies are afraid of any negative feedback and any different narrative than the ones they have teamed up to push out.

I think sites shutting down comments and forums is more of a resource issue rather than a censorship one. So many arguments and inappropriate comments were simply overwhelming. In addition to IMDB, BBC news basically shutdown comments on their articles because the moderators were inundated with trolling. There are simply too many sites like this one where people can freely express their opinions where IMDB and the BBC have no reason to offer a platform for discussion.

Edit: I should clarify, this site is mostly free unfortunately even on it's best day is guilty of censorship.

I think sites shutting down comments and forums is more of a resource issue rather than a censorship one. So many arguments and inappropriate comments were simply overwhelming. In addition to IMDB, BBC news basically shutdown comments on their articles because the moderators were inundated with trolling. There are simply too many sites like this one where people can freely express their opinions where IMDB and the BBC have no reason to offer a platform for discussion.

Edit: I should clarify, this site is mostly free unfortunately even on it's best day is guilty of censorship.
It doesn't require many resources to have an interest in movie score poll like Rotten Tomatoes removed from Captain Marvel, but I agree in some cases lack of resources could be a cause.

Also the poll was removed after the score tanked to 27% and was still falling.

VN Store

Back