Web Censorship and Political Bias

It doesn't require many resources to have an interest in movie score poll like Rotten Tomatoes removed from Captain Marvel, but I agree in some cases lack of resources could be a cause.

Also the poll was removed after the score tanked to 27% and was still falling.

I'm not too familiar with RT's polls or whatever else but it does beg the question as to why in the world would anyone have an opinion on Captain Marvel(other than a legit critic) when it hasn't even been released to the public yet?!

Reactions: BenGrimm
I'm not too familiar with RT's polls or whatever else but it does beg the question as to why in the world would anyone have an opinion on Captain Marvel(other than a legit critic) when it hasn't even been released to the public yet?!
The poll was supposed to indicate fan interest in seeing the movie. Brie Larson has been making statements to the media that some would consider racist and sexist. The trailers are also underwhelming and seem to indicate the movie will push a certain anti men agenda. All that may or may not be true, that is in the eye of the beholder, but RT definitely removed the fan interest poll based on the tanking score.

The poll was supposed to indicate fan interest in seeing the movie. Brie Larson has been making statements to the media that some would consider racist and sexist. The trailers are also underwhelming and seem to indicate the movie will push a certain anti men agenda. All that may or may not be true, that is in the eye of the beholder, but RT definitely removed the fan interest poll based on the tanking score.

Ahh, ok It was a pre-release poll. Well, that probably wasn't the best idea RT ever had.

Leaked Google research shows company grappling with censorship and free speech
A rare look at how the employees of the worldโ€™s most powerful search engine are trying to balance two opposing forces

I don't trust any company that helps the Chinese government.

Last edited:
Reactions: photovol
Leaked Google research shows company grappling with censorship and free speech
A rare look at how the employees of the worldโ€™s most powerful search engine are trying to balance two opposing forces

I don't trust any company that helps the Chinese government.
The dragon fly program, built exclusively for China that Google denied existed until employees had human moments and the documents showed up on scribe that it was ready to go at a moment's notice.
Yes, Google is being big brother.

Guilt by Association

Maybe dying is not the right word. However, it's lost its luster over the past couple of years as Snapchat, Twitter and Instagram have taken more of a front seat.

As was told to me before "Facebook is for old people and businesses."

By old do did they mean 30+, 40+ or more. Now I'm really old and have never been of FB. Of course I'm posting this with a typewriter.

I follow a number of Homesteading channels on YouTube and have heard them complain that a number of their videos some that have been on for years. That have been demonetized or removed so they have had to move or repost those to places like Patreon.

The first two videos posted are about Facebook.

I'm not sure what the point of this thread is, other than some vague distrust of big tech.
Further proving your lack of reading comprehension

Reactions: NorthDallas40
I have to laugh at grown man getting their underwear in a bunch because MCU decided to go with a female Captain Marvel.

They're almost as pathetic as the mouth breathers upset because Will Smith is wearing blue makeup as the Genie in the live-action remake of "Aladdin".

Reactions: BenGrimm
I wasn't sure if he considers FB to be legacy at this point. Thus the question. It has more control over what many people see than many of the much-older media companies.
OK, so we're going to have some government official decide which schools support free speech and which do not? Trump is the central planner in chief.
50-50 chance this EO never happens.

Financial Blacklisting: Chase Bank Withdraws Service from Independent and Conservative Figures

Chase, one of Americaโ€™s big four retail banks, has withdrawn service from a number of conservatives in recent weeks, amid a rise in financial blacklisting by payment processors and credit card companies.
Martina Markota, a video host for the conservative news website Rebel Media, reported on social media that Chase sent her a letter earlier this month stating that it would terminate service to her business, Magnum Opus Productions LLC, which is linked to her graphic novel, โ€œLady Alchemy.โ€

Chase did not give a reason in the letter for its decision to terminate Markotaโ€™ms account.

Continue Reading...

Reactions: BreatheUT

VN Store

Back