Welcoming Finland and Sweden into NATO in advance

Finland would in no way be a freeloader. I admittedly don’t know as much about Sweden.

Sweden would probably be beneficial to NATO; the Swedes produce and use some pretty good military hardware. From what I've read the Saab Gripen fighter is about as complete and competent as non stealth fighters go.

How Sweden built what may be the world's best non-stealth fighter jet

Meet the Saab 'Gripen': A Powerful Fighter Jet You've Never Heard Of

The Finns seem to be coming out well from Russian domination. Nokia which Microsoft bought and screwed up was one of the best in mobile communications. Nokian Tyres N American headquarters is in Nashville, and they have a new plant in Dayton, TN. I'd bet you'll find better work ethic in Finland and Sweden than a lot of the rest of Europe. It's going to be interesting about Nokian tires; they have had fantastic winter tires, and I'll be disappointed if they don't give other manufacturers a run for the money in more all weather tires.

Sweden would probably be beneficial to NATO; the Swedes produce and use some pretty good military hardware. From what I've read the Saab Gripen fighter is about as complete and competent as non stealth fighters go.

How Sweden built what may be the world's best non-stealth fighter jet

Meet the Saab 'Gripen': A Powerful Fighter Jet You've Never Heard Of

The Finns seem to be coming out well from Russian domination. Nokia which Microsoft bought and screwed up was one of the best in mobile communications. Nokian Tyres N American headquarters is in Nashville, and they have a new plant in Dayton, TN. I'd bet you'll find better work ethic in Finland and Sweden than a lot of the rest of Europe. It's going to be interesting about Nokian tires; they have had fantastic winter tires, and I'll be disappointed if they don't give other manufacturers a run for the money in more all weather tires.
Finland also gave us Linux, the best operating system in history

Does either have a small population of ethnic Russians who feel neglected by the Nordic majority?

If so, look for Putin to invade.
I’d guess no but that won’t prevent that criminal asshat Putin from claiming they do. And don’t forget the Nazis they have to be Nazis in both countries too

We are a friendly nation. We had absolutely no beef with Putin until he decided to knife his neighbors and kinsmen in the back. We could still friends again some day if the Russians would get serious about peace talks and get the heck back to their own borders.
GTFOH... you can't even say that s^^t with a straight face. How many countries have we regime changed or coupled since WWII?

Reactions: PEPPERJAX
We are a friendly nation. We had absolutely no beef with Putin until he decided to knife his neighbors and kinsmen in the back. We could still friends again some day if the Russians would get serious about peace talks and get the heck back to their own borders.
What exactly is our real beef with Putin right now? Ukraine is not in our region or in our strategic interests. So why are we risking going to a hot war with a country half a world away again? We could just as easily mind our own business and let the Europeans resolve this and it not have any affect on us what so ever. These foreign entanglements we get involved don't make us safer. Washington and Jefferson were right then and are right today.

Well first off, while you are being sanctimonious about respecting borders, why don't you show that same energy about the US violating the borders and sovereignty of Syria right now? Secondly, we have our own damn border issue right here in America. Maybe we need to get that s^^t fixed before we worry about random borders in halfway across the globe.

Great junk furniture with piss poor assembly instructions.....

Awww, Hog. A couple of the handiest pieces of furniture I have are IKEA shelving systems right here at my desk, and I love POÄNG chairs. Perfectly solid, but I agree cartoon instructions which seem to be the norm for a lot of companies don't inspire me - but then neither do the ones written by Chinese instruction flunkies.

Awww, Hog. A couple of the handiest pieces of furniture I have are IKEA shelving systems right here at my desk, and I love POÄNG chairs. Perfectly solid, but I agree cartoon instructions which seem to be the norm for a lot of companies don't inspire me - but then neither do the ones written by Chinese instruction flunkies.

Ever done the "oh hell that doesn't make sense" skip to the next step then 3-4 steps along figure out why it made sense?

Ever done the "oh hell that doesn't make sense" skip to the next step then 3-4 steps along figure out why it made sense?

Definitely. With two boys who went through college, I got a handle on the IKEA stuff pretty quick - both assembly and disassembly to move it. If your wife doesn't already have the Kallax shelf systems in her office, you should check it out, they come in different arrangements and solve so many needs. My smaller one is just right for holding vinyl albums. The big ones hold everything from a turntable and amps to books and anything else I need to stash somewhere.

Well first off, while you are being sanctimonious about respecting borders, why don't you show that same energy about the US violating the borders and sovereignty of Syria right now? Secondly, we have our own damn border issue right here in America. Maybe we need to get that s^^t fixed before we worry about random borders in halfway across the globe.
So we can only be concerned about evil elsewhere in the world when we are 100% pure in YOUR eyes? Bold strategy there. I guess we had no business stopping Hitler and Hirohito then since we had Japanese Americans in internment camps.
And as regards Syria, wondering if you can point me to the mass graves where Americans buried the 10s of thousands of innocent civilians we must have raped, tortured, and slaughtered </sarcasm>
Face the music friend. The are two examples of absolute soul destroying evil on this planet right now; China starving it’s own citizens rather than admit they are wrong about covid, and Vladamir Putin playing Vlad the Impaler Just to stroke his own wounded Russian Nationalist megalomania.
Evil to the core. And the evil you defend or excuse will eventually taint our own soul too. You cannot befriend devils without becoming scorched yourself.

Reactions: AM64 and Rickyvol77
So we can only be concerned about evil elsewhere in the world when we are 100% pure in YOUR eyes? Bold strategy there. I guess we had no business stopping Hitler and Hirohito then since we had Japanese Americans in internment camps.
And as regards Syria, wondering if you can point me to the mass graves where Americans buried the 10s of thousands of innocent civilians we must have raped, tortured, and slaughtered </sarcasm>
Face the music friend. The are two examples of absolute soul destroying evil on this planet right now; China starving it’s own citizens rather than admit they are wrong about covid, and Vladamir Putin playing Vlad the Impaler Just to stroke his own wounded Russian Nationalist megalomania.
Evil to the core. And the evil you defend or excuse will eventually taint our own soul too. You cannot befriend devils without becoming scorched yourself.

The Chinese people have no one else to blame but themselves for their oppression.

The Chinese people have no one else to blame but themselves for their oppression.
In Fairness, they actually gave it everything they had at Tiennamen; but George H left them hanging out to dry to protect those oh so sweet trade deals. We are to blame in that sense. As is Tony Blair for agreeing to betray Hong Kong, also to protect those oh so sweet trade deals

Reactions: AM64

VN Store

Back