Western KY beats UK, might have momentum?

skasper06

Western KY beat Kentucky tonight which I thought was hilarious first of all. But it I remember correctly, Western KY has a very good running back and I definitely think we are better talent wise than Kentucky, but just going off of last season we are regarded as similar in talent and level of play as KY in recent years.

What is everyone's take on Western having some possible momentum coming into Neyland and how what are some predictions on how we will beat them? I think it will be huge to make sure none of our guys get complacent by thinking they can take it easy just because it's Western KY. It should be a win for sure, but Western is still a lot better than Austin Peay.

it will be a good test and prep game for us (although we better not treat it like one). As long as we play our game, we should win

Reactions: 6 people
They are a much better team than what we faced today. I think it'll be close for maybe a half then we pull away.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Kentucky is really, really bad.

WKU isn't bad, but I don't think it'll be THAT much of a challenge. I'm worried about the secondary, but I think our offense will do well enough.

If we don't turn it over and play disciplined like tonight we will win by 21+

UK is all sorts of bad. WKU can make you sweat if you let them. If we do our job we should win handedly.

Last edited:
WKU is due for a letdown after coming off of the high it got from its upset over Kentucky. Tennessee flattens the Hilltoppers 28-10.

with our starters only playing a half against an inferior opponent its just hard to tell. ran the ball at will. Worley consistently threw the ball behind receivers but it worked out. He managed the game nicely and no turnovers. starting d looked good and no penalties. butch played a ton of guys in the second half and peay still couldn't score. our 2nd and 3rd team "O" was NOT impressive at all.

we should be able to handle them. especially at home but im so used to the dooley bunch finding ways to screw up I almost wouldn't be surprised is it was a close game.

UT gave Petrino nothing to look at on film.

The most basic defensive and offensive game plans possible.

Reactions: 28 people
Kentucky would lose to every SEC team by at least 3 TDs this year. They are probably in the bottom 25 FBS teams.

They'll have some momentum, but we'll have more. Butch has been putting in the game plan for this one since Monday.

WKU will be a 10 dog coming in and will leave with a 10 point lost.

It was all just a fluke. Everyone here knows its because Kentucky just can't win while playing in the great state of Tennessee.

Reactions: 1 person
Becoming old hat for WKU - this is the 2nd year in a row that they've beaten UK. Not sure if they will pick up any momentum from that win.

With that said, I expect UT will improve by Week 2 and will hand Petrino his first loss of the season.

It will probably be close for a while, maybe even into the 3rd quarter, but we will pull away in the 4th.

We will win. It may be close, it may not, but when the clock hits zero, we'll have more points.

Reactions: 4 people

VN Store

Back