Western KY beats UK, might have momentum?

38 Vols 13 WKU. After the first half it will be a blow out. Mark it down! WKU does not have the talent, conditioning, and home field to even make this game close. CBJ will prepare the team properly.

Western KY beat Kentucky tonight which I thought was hilarious first of all. But it I remember correctly, Western KY has a very good running back and I definitely think we are better talent wise than Kentucky, but just going off of last season we are regarded as similar in talent and level of play as KY in recent years.

What is everyone's take on Western having some possible momentum coming into Neyland and how what are some predictions on how we will beat them? I think it will be huge to make sure none of our guys get complacent by thinking they can take it easy just because it's Western KY. It should be a win for sure, but Western is still a lot better than Austin Peay.

Western will use every trick play in the book, in an effort to beat us. Petrino will attempt to make a name for himself, nationally.
He beat Kentucky this week in an away game. Should he beat Tennessee next week in an away game, people will start to notice.
I am sure that he wants to get out of Bowling Green, Kentucky as quickly as possible. Getting noticed nationally will be a step in the right direction.
I expect a close, close game next Saturday....

AP had the ball for 7 possessions in the first half against our starters. Their 1st poss went for 2 yds as did their second. Their 3rd poss went for -5 yds then their 4th went for 6 yds. Their 5th poss was the only time they mounted a challenge (see below) against our starters and that drive went for 65 yds. Their 6th drive went for 1 yd and then they had the ball for 2 plays right before the half ended that gained 13 yds on the ground. If you notice, the success they had in their one drive was through the air. Our pass defense is what I am really interested in seeing against WKU and Petrino's scheme. WKU did pretty decent tonight through the air. We'll see how they do next week.

A 1-10 A22 AUSTIN PEAY drive start at 14:38.
A 1-10 A22 Spivey, A. pass complete to Clack, D. for 12 yards to the APSU34, 1ST
DOWN APSU.
A 1-10 A34 PENALTY APSU delay of game (Spivey, A.) 5 yards to the APSU29.
A 1-15 A29 Spivey, A. pass complete to Clack, D. for 35 yards to the UT36, 1ST DOWN
APSU, out-of-bounds (Foreman, M.).
A 1-10 T36 Spivey, A. sacked for loss of 2 yards to the UT38 (Couch, M.).
A 2-12 T38 Spivey, A. pass complete to Booker, J. for 14 yards to the UT24, 1ST DOWN
APSU.
A 1-10 T24 Spivey, A. pass complete to Chatman, L. for 5 yards to the UT19 (Brewer,
B.).
A 2-5 T19 Spivey, A. pass complete to Oliver, T. for 6 yards to the UT13, 1ST DOWN
APSU.
A 1-10 T13 Spivey, A. pass incomplete to Clack, D., QB hurry by Saulsberry, T..
A 2-10 T13 Spivey, A. pass incomplete to Booker, J..
A 3-10 T13 Spivey, A. pass incomplete to Johnson, K..
A 4-10 T13 Spears, W. field goal attempt from 31 MISSED - wide right, spot at UT20,
clock 10:10.
--------------- 10 plays, 65 yards, TOP 04:28 ---------------

I hope WKU is pretty good. It'd be nice for our guys to get in a decent game before they take a step up against Oregon. Powder puff games are nice for stats, but a real game against decent competition will do much better in getting us prepared for the Oregons, Alabamas, and South Carolinas of the world.

Reactions: 1 person
You're out of your mind. You don't think Petrino knows our secondary issues?

UT - 28
WK - 24

Sure he knows...he's a good coach...he just doesn't have the players to exploit them

Oh...yeah

UT-56
WKU-3
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
WKU will score some but we will still win without too much trouble. I'm thinking 35-17 type game

Reactions: 4 people
Glad they beat Kentucky so it's further reinforced in the minds of the players that WKU can't be overlooked. I'm sure the coaches will be stressing that all week. It'd be much worse if they had been flattened by Kentucky, we took them lightly, and ended up paying for it. I'd rather the team know we're up against an underdog that means business.

Reactions: 7 people
Western Kentucky beat this Austin Peay team 65-15 last year without Petrino.

I'm expecting it to be a tough game

Reactions: 2 people
I would say this is about equal talent-wise to Florida playing Toledo today. And that's the kind of game you should expect to see. They will hang around, they will get a few big plays in, and we'll do some things that will make us face palm. But ultimately you have to consider that Western KY has to not only contain Rajon and Lane (which they don't have the man power to do), they have to come up with some answer for our O and D lines (both of which are such an unfair matchup it's sad) and they have to find a way to score against us in the red zone.

It's just very unlikely.

I would about bet WKU didn't play every player on the bench in that game last year either. Tn could have hung 100 on that team tonight!

Reactions: 1 person
Western Kentucky beat this Austin Peay team 65-15 last year without Petrino.

I'm expecting it to be a tough game

We could have easily hung 80 on AP if we'd chosen to keep the starters in. CBJ chose to try to build a little depth instead.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

VN Store

Back