@WestTennesseeFox has misplaced her Duckface and needs help finding it

This is long but I have a great Coach Summitt story.

We were playing in this tournament with some of the best teams in Texas, Oklahoma, Louisiana, and Arkansas. I had just been told by an A&M assistant that they would not offer me since they did not think I was good enough. We were playing a game against a team that had an A&M commit. The tourney was running a little bit behind schedule and Duncanville played in the game right after ours. Right before halftime, I noticed Coach Summitt and Texas Coach Conradt were in the gym. I always wore headbands so at halftime, I switched to an orange one. I was always a bit of a streaky shooter but in the 3rd quarter, I caught fire and hit five 3 pointers in a very short span. After the last one, I turned to the A&M assistant who was in the stands and yelled out "Who's not good enough now?" I got T'ed up for that.

Well, after the game, I snuck into the hospitality area that was supposed to be for coaches and dignitaries only. I had just finished speaking with North Texas assistant Karen Aston (she was later the head coach at Texas) when I heard a voice say "That was quite a game". I turned around and it was Coach Summitt. We chatted for a moment and she asked the story behind getting T'ed up. Eventually, Coach Conradt stopped by as well for a minute before they went back out to watch the 2nd half of the Duncanville game. I wasn't good enough to play for either program but it was completely awesome to have that experience.

We were playing in this tournament with some of the best teams in Texas, Oklahoma, Louisiana, and Arkansas. I had just been told by an A&M assistant that they would not offer me since they did not think I was good enough. We were playing a game against a team that had an A&M commit. The tourney was running a little bit behind schedule and Duncanville played in the game right after ours. Right before halftime, I noticed Coach Summitt and Texas Coach Conradt were in the gym. I always wore headbands so at halftime, I switched to an orange one. I was always a bit of a streaky shooter but in the 3rd quarter, I caught fire and hit five 3 pointers in a very short span. After the last one, I turned to the A&M assistant who was in the stands and yelled out "Who's not good enough now?" I got T'ed up for that.

Well, after the game, I snuck into the hospitality area that was supposed to be for coaches and dignitaries only. I had just finished speaking with North Texas assistant Karen Aston (she was later the head coach at Texas) when I heard a voice say "That was quite a game". I turned around and it was Coach Summitt. We chatted for a moment and she asked the story behind getting T'ed up. Eventually, Coach Conradt stopped by as well for a minute before they went back out to watch the 2nd half of the Duncanville game. I wasn't good enough to play for either program but it was completely awesome to have that experience.

Awesome.

He is much more diplomatic than me. I will say what is on my mind. We are good counterweights for each other since I won't let him get run over and he knows when I need to pull back some.
Me and my wife are the opposite like that. That said, I don't have to speak my mind a lot, and have rarely ever on my account. Now when it comes to her, or the kids, that's when I get going.

I liked this and took it back so I’d could like it again. I wish my old fingers could keep liking this and.....well you know. What a great memory.

I like Vegas for two nights, three max.

Went to Fremont Street one night, which was interesting people watching. Went to Shania Twain on Valentine's night. Went to the Grand Canyon, which wasn't nearly as fun in an ankle brace. Went to a Super Bowl watch party out there.

Still fighting with the Resorts World Conrad about our stay. At that location and price point, the Venetian and the Wynn are much nicer. Saw Cooper Kupp at the Wynn when we ate lunch over there. Jardin is a real good breakfast spot there.

Mine (posted before, so fell free to skip):

Coach Pat had been trying to have a child. By fall 1990, she was very (VERY) pregnant with Tyler, while out on the recruiting trail.

She was sitting in the Pennsylvania living room of HS senior Michelle Marciniak when her water broke and she went into labor. Mickie kept recruiting while Pat panted through the contractions. (She was 3 or so weeks early and although it was on her planner, she hadn’t done her Lamaze stuff yet.) Michelle’s parents sensibly took over and rushed Pat and Mickie back to the airport.

Then-husband (DXH, “dear ex-husband”) was one of the two pilots on N111UT, and it was his turn to be pilot in command. The other pilot had no kids, and Mickie and Holly (also on the trip) didn’t have kids. We had just had our last baby at home in a planned home birth, so DXH was faced with the very real possibility of having to catch Pat’s baby in-flight.

So, horrified, they flew home at takeoff power, which is like 105% power, or something - can’t remember.

At some point over Virginia, he pretty much begged her to let them land, but nursing a grudge against ODU, she insisted on flying home. (The legendary quote was that no child of hers would be born in Virginia, or some version thereof.) So they filed their flight plan as a medical emergency, forcing a few Delta flights to hold - a source of immense satisfaction to DXH, as corporate pilots generally hate commercial flights, and made it back to Tyson.

The ambulance was waiting and took Pat to St. Mary’s, and DXH spent the next morning scrubbing soot (from flying at takeoff power) from the fuselage. And Pat called Michelle soon after giving birth and renewed her offer. Michelle went to Norte Dame, hated it, asked if Pat would take her as a transfer, Pat accepted, and I guess the rest is history.

Mine (posted before, so fell free to skip):

Coach Pat had been trying to have a child. By fall 1990, she was very (VERY) pregnant with Tyler, while out on the recruiting trail.

She was sitting in the Pennsylvania living room of HS senior Michelle Marciniak when her water broke and she went into labor. Mickie kept recruiting while Pat panted through the contractions. (She was 3 or so weeks early and although it was on her planner, she hadn’t done her Lamaze stuff yet.) Michelle’s parents sensibly took over and rushed Pat and Mickie back to the airport.

Then-husband (DXH, “dear ex-husband”) was one of the two pilots on N111UT, and it was his turn to be pilot in command. The other pilot had no kids, and Mickie and Holly (also on the trip) didn’t have kids. We had just had our last baby at home in a planned home birth, so DXH was faced with the very real possibility of having to catch Pat’s baby in-flight.

So, horrified, they flew home at takeoff power, which is like 105% power, or something - can’t remember.

At some point over Virginia, he pretty much begged her to let them land, but nursing a grudge against ODU, she insisted on flying home. (The legendary quote was that no child of hers would be born in Virginia, or some version thereof.) So they filed their flight plan as a medical emergency, forcing a few Delta flights to hold - a source of immense satisfaction to DXH, as corporate pilots generally hate commercial flights, and made it back to Tyson.

The ambulance was waiting and took Pat to St. Mary’s, and DXH spent the next morning scrubbing soot (from flying at takeoff power) from the fuselage. And Pat called Michelle soon after giving birth and renewed her offer. Michelle went to Norte Dame, hated it, asked if Pat would take her as a transfer, Pat accepted, and I guess the rest is history.

Mickie and Holly were also very kind to my parents.

Reactions: VolNExile

Cheap T imo

Mickie and Holly were also very kind to my parents.
They were all among the nicest and coolest people I’ve ever met. We used to meet for chili burgers at the Roman Room.

Pat was famous for leaving her keys on the plane. This was before cell phones were universal, and she’d call the house to ask DXH to come back and unlock the plane (one of the reasons we lived on John Sevier Hwy) — always kindly and apologetically. I still remember hearing that low, kind of gravelly voice over the phone.

A brilliant, kind, tough-as-nails, hysterically-funny lady. RIP Pat.

They were all among the nicest and coolest people I’ve ever met. We used to meet for chili burgers at the Roman Room.

Pat was famous for leaving her keys on the plane. This was before cell phones were universal, and she’d call the house to ask DXH to come back and unlock the plane (one of the reasons we lived on John Sevier Hwy) — always kindly and apologetically. I still remember hearing that low, kind of gravelly voice over the phone.

Very cool.

I wanted Holly to succeed because of the friendship with my parents. She is good people.

Only place I ever saw Coach was at the Roman Room with Holdsclaw. Them was some tall wimens! Yes, I was sitting at the bar eating a pizza burger and drinking a beer.

I would love to gauge everyone's thoughts on this scenario.

I have a married friend that asked my opinion for the following. She had an ex b/f send her a friend request on social media. Should she accept, decline, or ignore? She is more polite and diplomatic than me.

I have a married friend that asked my opinion for the following. She had an ex b/f send her a friend request on social media. Should she accept, decline, or ignore? She is more polite and diplomatic than me.
How did they part? What are his intentions?

I have a three part test:

1. If you broke up on bad terms, decline.
2. If they saw you naked, decline.
3. If you still have something for that person, decline.

This gives you enough wiggle room to accept an invite from someone that you weren't overly serious with or just went on a few dates with.
still why take a chance - you can never know what a person is thinking these days

Reactions: WestTennesseeFox

If you’ve ever watched Dareline-Secrets Uncovered then I would stay away from that trap.

You are the only person I have ever known that got a chili burger.

Reactions: VolNExile

VN Store

Back