What did you have for dinner II?

Had my in laws in town and my mom over for Thanksgiving. Turkey, ham, corn pudding, sweet potato casserole, green bean casserole, dressing, pecan pie. All outstanding. Had leftovers tonight....that'll about do it for me. Daughter has been home all week from NYC, can't hardly stand to let her go back. Even though she's a Bama graduate, she's going with me to the Vanderbilt game tomorrow. It's been a good week with a little more weekend to enjoy.

Invited neighbors to join us for Thanksgiving dinner. Wife has been going through some serious health issues and we thought they would not be preparing a dinner.

He and his wife brought a bottle of chilled bottle of wine which I told them I really liked.
I wanted to buy a bottle so after they left, I checked to see what store carried it locally.
It was a $99.00 bottle of wine! They never said a word about the cost.
Now I bet you wished you wouldn't have sucked it down like a bottle of maddog from a bodega.

Cheesy hashbrown hamburger helper. I can't eat any other hamburger helper other than that. I think it's that good.
I’ve made the hashbrown one a couple of times. It’s good but time consuming. Have you tried the deluxe beef stroganoff one? I season and brown ground beef with onion powder and Worcestershire sauce. Sautée and add onions, chopped bell pepper and mushrooms. Towards the end of cooking time I add a heaping spoonful of sour cream. Chef’s kiss. I love taking cheap meals and kicking them up a notch.

Bacon wrapped scallops. Not really a dinner. Toying around with what to serve as an appetizer for Christmas dinner. Last year I made lobster stuffed mushrooms and peppers.
If you’re not serving beef as a main course, buy and inexpensive tender cut, like picanha. Cut the lean meat away from the fat cap and into thumb sized pieces. Caramelize chopped shallots. Wrap the beef pieces, a bit of shallots, and a smidgen of coarse ground mustard with croissant dough. Close the dough to fully encase. Brush these with melted butter or olive oil and bake at 350 until golden brown (about 15 minutes). Mini pseudo beef Wellingtons. Of course, you can coat the beef pieces with pate before encasing them in dough if you prefer. Bon appetite!

VN Store

Back