What did you have for dinner II?

Yes, my favorite.
When I was a child, my mother would put a box of frozen spinach in a saucepan with a can of condensed mushroom soup, allow it to cook into goop, and proclaim it “creamed spinach.” Being forced to eat it was traumatic. To this day, I demure from creamed spinach. However, I strongly suspect that your mom makes it differently. Bon appetite!

When I was a child, my mother would put a box of frozen spinach in a saucepan with a can of condensed mushroom soup, allow it to cook into goop, and proclaim it “creamed spinach.” Being forced to eat it was traumatic. To this day, I demure from creamed spinach. However, I strongly suspect that your mom makes it differently. Bon appetite!
Yeah, my mom makes it using the same recipe since I was a kid. Could never understand how people could hate spinach, hearing your experience, I get it now.

Heavily adapted from a NY Times recipe from last week (greedy so-and-so’s; you have to subscribe for most recipes):

Boneless, skinless chicken thighs marinated in olive oil, garlic, and lime juice, then grilled over charcoal

Frozen corn kernels roasted/grilled in a cast iron skillet in corn oil with Mrs. Dash Fiesta Lime (Lime Fiesta?) spice mix until showing some scorch

Chopped basil and lime zest in softened butter with salt and pepper, melted and poured over the grilled thighs and roasted corn

Steamed asparagus misted with olive oil plus some lemon juice

Oh my!
1722465470291.jpeg

Chicken Casserole
Fresh Green Beans
Homemade Mashed Potatoes
Sara Lee Rolls
Homemade Peach Cobbler

Nice family Sunday Dinner..
Chicken casserole 🤤 I made this last week. Such a comforting nostalgic dish for me. I remember my mammaw making it and taking it to family reunions/gatherings as a small child.

I’ve got some gator meat and sausage. Recommendations on what to do with it please. 🙏🏻
Place the gator tail meat in between parchment and pound into medallions as you would a pork cutlet for schnitzel. Pan fry these in butter, serve with a squeeze of fresh lemon.

Cook and crumble the sausage, mix it with minced sweet onion & peppers and goat cheese. Make the mixture into little balls, coat these with crushed savory crackers, use them for stuffed shrimp.

VN Store

Back