What did you have for dinner II?

Last night had Home grown Bbq chicken pizza with onions peppers shrooms and fresh mozzarella. Wife made the pizza dough while I was gone and put into the fridge for a treat. Back at my parents place so y’all keep me interested ... honestly reading this after I get my dad in bed is therapeutic.View attachment 270067
Praying for you, and him.

WHAT!?!?!?! No you didn't!!! Did it need it? I guess it did if you spent that kind of time. I'm trying mine to look like "does this come clean?".
It’s just a pan. We don’t cook food directly on it. It totes food back and forth to the grill, and I use it on a lower rack to collect drips.

But if you ever want to have a Special Time for Yourself, as in perhaps adding some additional social distancing between you and your SO while calming down from a discussion, I have to recommend a can of Pure Citrus from Home Depot and a stainless steel pad for some serious cleaning. It is absolutely astonishing how well the Pure Citrus works on decades-old baked-on grease. This stuff is Da Bomb.

At a minimum, your stainless steel will lose some black spots, and you have shiny stuff as a result.

It’s just a pan. We don’t cook food directly on it. It totes food back and forth to the grill, and I use it on a lower rack to collect drips.

But if you ever want to have a Special Time for Yourself, as in perhaps adding some additional social distancing between you and your SO while calming down from a discussion, I have to recommend a can of Pure Citrus from Home Depot and a stainless steel pad for some serious cleaning. It is absolutely astonishing how well the Pure Citrus works on decades-old baked-on grease. This stuff is Da Bomb.

At a minimum, your stainless steel will lose some black spots, and you have shiny stuff as a result.
Ah! I gotcha.

Thanks for the tip! Where do you get it? I like Bon Ami too.

Reactions: VolNExile
I know what I'm feeling, and what I want you to know. I just don't know how to put it into words.

I guess just know we're praying for guys.
Praying for you, and him.
Thanks y’all and at the risk of @Tin Man Wrath for babbling in the dinner thread, just know I never thought I could see myself sharing a personal bit with “strangers” on the net or volnation for that matter. but For whatever reason it is strangely therapeutic to share “dinners gonna suck for some days” because I’m back taking care of my dad and moms herbs in the cabinet were bought during the Korean War😩 and stuff in her freezer was about that old lol. lets just say not my normal fare.... It really does help me cope and provide some normalcy reading this thread when I’m here and for that thanks soooo much.

WHAT!?!?!?! No you didn't!!! Did it need it? I guess it did if you spent that kind of time. I'm trying mine to look like "does this come clean?".

Couple of tips. I have used non stick spray a bit like for biscuits and stuff. So that prob seasoned out. And if my wife not around I might just rinse and wipe dry. I had some old ones of my moms that were smaller and convenient. And seriously seasoned. Like rally dark. Those disappeared. I think I was duped.

Bless me, Father, for I have sinned. It has been two weeks since last I used the cast iron Dutch oven. To clean it, I used dish soap and water and a scratchless scrubbing sponge. I towel dried it afterwards, then left it out to air dry before putting it away.

I dry handwashed dishes (and pans) with a white dish towel, and I got tired of ruining the clean towel!
Rereading that sentence, that was supposed to say "I'm trying to get mine to look like "Does this come clean?" "

I remember Thanksgivings at grandma's and doing the dishes we'd say Does this come clean? Cause some stuff you didnt try to scub off. Lol

Reactions: VolNExile

Mine calls me a few select names and heads to the bedroom. Couple days silence. That mad make up fooling around must be a myth. I feel bad for your pan.

Weekend recap...

Saturday - smoked Tri-tip and baby back ribs. Roasted veggies. My wife's moms corn (Cajun twist with minced bell pepper, slightly spicy, and slightly thickened with flour. My version starts with can of kernels drained and can of cream corn. If fresh off cob not available). Pics were posted.

Sunday - Smoked Chicken. Smoked turkey meatloaf. Pot of limas with ham hock and brown rice. Peas and carrots.

And I still got fridge fixed (drain tube from freezer was frozen over and it leaked into fridge). Pressure washed porch and deck. Got garden cut down ready to till. I was very happy for weekend to go away.

Mine calls me a few select names and heads to the bedroom. Couple days silence. That mad make up fooling around must be a myth. I feel bad for your pan.
Lol

20 minutes, and I’m pretty much over anything.

Life’s too short to stay hurt or mad.

VN Store

Back