What did you have for dinner II?

So jelli!!!

I have rosemary and thyme that comes back every year. But I've only been able to grow basil once in the last five years. So frustrating!!
My history with basil is that it grows well, until it grows TOO well and bolts, making the leaves bitter. And unless I get my act together and start sowing seeds indoors every 10 days or so, I won’t be able to find new plants to set out to replace the pooped out ones. ☹️

Reactions: vollygirl
My history with basil is that it grows well, until it grows TOO well and bolts, making the leaves bitter. And unless I get my act together and start sowing seeds indoors every 10 days or so, I won’t be able to find new plants to set out to replace the pooped out ones. ☹️
We've been able to grow it but had the same problem. For herbs we go with Spicy Oregano, Thyme, Rosemary, and Chives. All come back every year. We grow lavender too, that's for a different purpose.

Reactions: VolNExile
We've been able to grow it but had the same problem. For herbs we go with Spicy Oregano, Thyme, Rosemary, and Chives. All come back every year. We grow lavender too, that's for a different purpose.
I lined the sidewalk to the front porch at our previous house with lavender, rosemary, and Cheddar pinks. It smelled so good when you brushed up against them!

I‘ll be astonished if half of these guys make it. But I’ve had a lot of challenges over the last month in trying to keep herbs and spices stocked, so I figured I’d give it a whack.

Reactions: JCHateSteve
I lined the sidewalk to the front porch at our previous house with lavender, rosemary, and Cheddar pinks. It smelled so good when you brushed up against them!

I‘ll be astonished if half of these guys make it. But I’ve had a lot of challenges over the last month in trying to keep herbs and spices stocked, so I figured I’d give it a whack.
The area in front of the house that's supposed to be for decorative plants is full of veg and spices at my house. There are irises around the edges. But everything else is food. We expand a little every year.

The area in front of the house that's supposed to be for decorative plants is full of veg and spices at my house. There are irises around the edges. But everything else is food. We expand a little every year.
Our goal is to replace our lawn (aka weed patch) with flower beds, wildlife plantings, and edibles. <- preferably to be eaten by us, rather than by rabbits and whatnot

Reactions: JCHateSteve
Weird-looking dinner, but it’s out of the way, and the salad was tasty.

Grilled romaine hearts, chopped after grilling and topped with diced and sautéed shallots, sun-dried tomatoes, roasted red peppers, garlic, mushrooms, crumblEd bacon, and Parmesan. And a burger patty and beef dog on the side, because why not.

And now we’re down to 5 1/2 Romaine hearts!

View attachment 269695

Which to I listen to first??
homer.png

Went to my favorite local restaurant. Their closest two locations are closed right now, but their main location is still open. Family meal deal includes cajun chicken pasta (other selections), salad, cookies, and gallon beverage. Also got a meal of Kevin's favorite dish and well my favorite Oreo cheesecake. We will be eating on this for days in between still working on burgers.

MVIMG_20200404_184521.jpgMVIMG_20200404_183949.jpg

Last night had Home grown Bbq chicken pizza with onions peppers shrooms and fresh mozzarella. Wife made the pizza dough while I was gone and put into the fridge for a treat. Back at my parents place so y’all keep me interested ... honestly reading this after I get my dad in bed is therapeutic.5A5E5711-E925-4E08-BD9C-02EBB834FD93.jpeg

Last night had Home grown Bbq chicken pizza with onions peppers shrooms and fresh mozzarella. Wife made the pizza dough while I was gone and put into the fridge for a treat. Back at my parents place so y’all keep me interested ... honestly reading this after I get my dad in bed is therapeutic.View attachment 270067
I know what I'm feeling, and what I want you to know. I just don't know how to put it into words.

I guess just know we're praying for guys.

That is a Serious pan.

eta: I spent 20 minutes today with the can of Pure Citrus and the steel wool pad on our roasting pan. My forearms have gained from the experience..
WHAT!?!?!?! No you didn't!!! Did it need it? I guess it did if you spent that kind of time. I'm trying mine to look like "does this come clean?".

VN Store

Back