What do you guys think about the no huddle offense?

Tusk, I get the feeling that if the year were 1906 you would be apoplectic about the first forward pass putting defenses at a disadvantage. The game has been evolving since it's inception. And, it has been evolving in every facet of the game.

As for me, I don't care if UT uses the spread, hurry up, wishbone, option, or anything else that is legal...as long as it helps us be competitive and win.

I like defense. They win championships. I like it when the offense gets short fields and a ton of turnovers. I like it when our team averaged 38.7 ppg for another championship season. Looks to me like BAMA has been evolving nicely as well.

I remember the 2006 UT vs. Fla game....pretty equal talent-wise on both sides of ball--our DLine was probably a little better....I know we got a bad call in the game (what else is new), but THE difference in that game turned out to be Fla's PHYSICALITY on 3rd & 4th downs--their OL and Tebow just lined up and muscled the ball for first down after first down.....

Tempo never wins anything just for the sake of tempo---:salute:

How about when Urban won 2/3? Name one spread team with as much talent as LSU and Alabubber. It's about Jimmies and Joes, not x's and o's

You know that sounds real good when you type it out and read it--but FUNDAMENTALS of football NEVER change. Lombardi took a bunch of chronic losers, made then tough, played physically dominating football, and turned the SAME group of guys into WINNERS!

If just getting the best jimmies and joes is all that it takes, Tennessee should have been NC in 1999 and 2001. But the truth is that it's as much about Xs and Os as it is about Jimmies and Joes---

Case in point---What did our Superior Jimmies and Joes do against Memphis when we had the talent to blow them off the field when Manning was here?

Alabama & LSU do get great athletes to be sure, but THEY WIN because they get the best athletes to play a physical style of dominating football on Offense and defense.....:salute:

Reactions: 1 person
I like defense. They win championships. I like it when the offense gets short fields and a ton of turnovers. I like it when our team averaged 38.7 ppg for another championship season. Looks to me like BAMA has been evolving nicely as well.

Then quit b&#Ching!
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I remember the 2006 UT vs. Fla game....pretty equal talent-wise on both sides of ball--our DLine was probably a little better....I know we got a bad call in the game (what else is new), but THE difference in that game turned out to be Fla's PHYSICALITY on 3rd & 4th downs--their OL and Tebow just lined up and muscled the ball for first down after first down.....

Tempo never wins anything just for the sake of tempo---:salute:

I don't disagree. In fact, that has been part of my argument the entire time. Tempo is just a philosophy per calling in plays and how they choose to manage the clock. It does not dictate whether a team is physical or not. As a matter of fact, CBJ doesn't refer to his offense as the "power spread" for no reason.

If I recall correctly, you were the one at least hinting at the fact that "up tempo/no huddle" inherently produces less physical teams. I was arguing the other side-- which appears to be the side that you're promoting with this most recent post.

:hi:

What difference does it make how he puts it? Other then his mere words seem to irritate orangeville, considerable.

The rules will catch up to the game, in time. Until then we'll just keep counting crystals until they can figure it out.

If anyone doesn't know the meaning of the word "arrogance", here it is.....

Reactions: 1 person
SIAP:

1) If run correctly, it is deadly.
2) If run correctly, your defense had better be in shape because they won't get much rest between series.

SIAP:

1) If run correctly, it is deadly.
2) If run correctly, your defense had better be in shape because they won't get much rest between series.

Fwiw, the summer conditioning program is unbelievable.... heard they had a surprise conditioning "session" a couple nights ago.... 10pm, 52 110 yard sprints.... Yes, fifty-freakin-two!! They'll be ready.....

You know that sounds real good when you type it out and read it--but FUNDAMENTALS of football NEVER change. Lombardi took a bunch of chronic losers, made then tough, played physically dominating football, and turned the SAME group of guys into WINNERS!

If just getting the best jimmies and joes is all that it takes, Tennessee should have been NC in 1999 and 2001. But the truth is that it's as much about Xs and Os as it is about Jimmies and Joes---

Case in point---What did our Superior Jimmies and Joes do against Memphis when we had the talent to blow them off the field when Manning was here?

Alabama & LSU do get great athletes to be sure, but THEY WIN because they get the best athletes to play a physical style of dominating football on Offense and defense.....:salute:
Our Jimmies and Joes made mistakes. It doesn't matter if you play spread or power I. That's what I mean. It's right jimmies in the matching scheme. I should of explained myself better.

Fwiw, the summer conditioning program is unbelievable.... heard they had a surprise conditioning "session" a couple nights ago.... 10pm, 52 110 yard sprints.... Yes, fifty-freakin-two!! They'll be ready.....

Well bet they weren't really sprints after oh about no. 30. More like the double time version of the Batan death march. Just sayin'

VN Store

Back