What do you guys think about the no huddle offense?

I don't know why you'd say that, we're very new to winning and building a program. We've been very slowly building our program for the last 30 years, obviously we haven't accomplished much yet. We'll just try and keep getting better. We've certainly got a lot left to prove.

Maybe you need to go to the hurry up mode? Even Auburn wins a NC every 50 years. But you knew that.

Maybe you need to go to the hurry up mode? Even Auburn wins a NC every 50 years. But you knew that.

That's some pretty shallow logic you're using. You just don't get it.

A&M ran a bit of a spread offense with a lot of no huddle last year. Say how did you guys handle that? Oh, wait you know that don't you. Is that why you guys want rules to slow it down? Fear is a very ugly trait.

Reactions: 1 person
Rename this thread TUSKtime Playtime Playhouse...decorate it with gifs of Saban naked except for strategically placed rose petals..it'll be his Festivus
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Rename this thread TUSKtime Playtime Playhouse...decorate it with gifs of Saban naked except for a strategically placed rose petal..it'll be his Festivus
Posted via VolNation Mobile

fyp

Not onto the airing of grievances:
ah Bama fans, I got a lot of problems with you people...

Tennessee there are 132 Walmart stores and in Alabama there are 117. Face it amigo, the masses love them some Walmart. You can't stop us, you can only pretend to be disguise. But I see you.

Damn there are a lot of Wal-Mart's in the south! What do you see exactly?

Tennessee there are 132 Walmart stores and in Alabama there are 117. Face it amigo, the masses love them some Walmart. You can't stop us, you can only pretend to be disguise. But I see you.

There's just over 6 million people in Tennessee, just under 5 million in Alabama. So technically Bama still has more Wall Marts per capita. Just sayin

I didn't mind really. My way of saying, I'll see you at the checkout counter. Self serve of course.

Yeah I saw you checking out today at WalMart. I wasn't sure if it was you, but the lovely family portrait on the side of your van sealed the deal...it was you. Cool ride bro!!!!!

Attachments

• tusk times.jpg
    tusk times.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 95
Nick Saban and Arkansas coach Bielema have spoken against it. Coach Bielema recently proposed for a rule against it citing major strain on the opposing safety and d-line for rules against switching defensive players during the hurry up.

Y! SPORTS

Quote from Arkansas Coach Bielema

Both of those coaches prefer the style of controlling the ball with sustained drives and get em off the field type aproach. While Texas A&M, Auburn and our coach Jones prefer the no huddle approach.

Are you for it or against it?

Bielema sure likes to find things to b$&ch about doesn't he?

I personally like the no huddle hurry up offense (especially if Saban hates it). It is a great neutralizer when the opposing team has a lot more size and depth on defense. Obviously Chip Kelly ran it better than anyone. When ran to perfection, it forces the defense to stay on the field with very little substitutions. Once the 3rd and 4th quarters start, the defense is usually winded. I think the new hurry up no huddle will allow us to potentially compete with some teams like BAMA and Georgia. The silverlining for us this year is our offensive line. As good as an offensive line as we should have this year, they were recruited to run the pro-style offense. Faster, leaner lineman are better fitted for this offense. I'll be curious to see if our current OL comes into fall camp a little leaner, lighter an in shape. If they don't, it could be a long year.

I think it's hilarious that Saban says that running the no huddle/spread causes more injuries and yet that's complete BS. In fact, last year the top 3 teams that had the most injuries were option offense based teams one I believe was a service academy (can't remember which one). Saban and adult-aged Butthead are wrong. The parameters of the game aren't going to be changed just because Saban doesn't like it.

I think Saban and other anti-no huddlers are more concerned about the speed of play cutting into advertising revenue from program sponsors. You risk angering TV fans by cutting off play to get the paid up TV time to run your ads, thus risking people not buying the product. Bypassing the ad spot means less money to programs that receive commercial sponsor funds. The only injury to players is not having more cash to pamper them or buy stuff to impress visiting recruits.

I think Saban and other anti-no huddlers are more concerned about the speed of play cutting into advertising revenue from program sponsors. You risk angering TV fans by cutting off play to get the paid up TV time to run your ads, thus risking people not buying the product. Bypassing the ad spot means less money to programs that receive commercial sponsor funds. The only injury to players is not having more cash to pamper them or buy stuff to impress visiting recruits.

I thought these comments about rule changes to slow the spread were a JOKE!! Someone is seriously presenting this idea??? What a coward.

As for injuries, lots of injuries happen in practice and it's my understanding that Oregon, because of the speed of practice actually spends about an hour less on the practice field daily. Thus reducing practice injuries. Plus, players have to be in very good shape, not carrying 60 pounds of lard over their belts to make it more difficult for a defender to move them. That extra weigh also leads to injuries. Who hasn't heard "lose some weight and your knees will feel better."

this thread= 25% valid conversation 75% one poster looking for every opportunity to be a smartass, trying to be cute. cut that person out, good thread.

I thought these comments about rule changes to slow the spread were a JOKE!! Someone is seriously presenting this idea??? What a coward.

As for injuries, lots of injuries happen in practice and it's my understanding that Oregon, because of the speed of practice actually spends about an hour less on the practice field daily. Thus reducing practice injuries. Plus, players have to be in very good shape, not carrying 60 pounds of lard over their belts to make it more difficult for a defender to move them. That extra weigh also leads to injuries. Who hasn't heard "lose some weight and your knees will feel better."

100% agree. Chip Kelly and few others developed an offense that may have change the game, but it didn't change the rules. If anything, their offense requires lineman to be leaner and more fit, which will be better for the individual later in his life. These guys getting up to 330+ lbs are going rob fighting health issues after football. And if it cuts into TV Ad time, so be it.

No, Saban and one other coach actually said this. I saw it in the CNN sports site. I believe if you GOOGLE it, it will show up.

I don't remember exactly, but I think there were similar grumblings about the Wishbone offense back in the day. You know how it is with aristocrats, they like everything in their favor all the time.

Last edited:
No, Saban and one other coach actually said this. I saw it in the CNN sports site. I believe if you GOOGLE it, it will show up.

I don't remember exactly, but I think there were similar grumblings about the Wishbone offense back in the day. You know how it is with aristocrats, they like everything in their favor all the time.
Ahh, just like our very lovely government.

Of course we should use it if we can run it. I'm just not sold on hurrying up with a new offense with marginal skill guys and a defense that needs to be on the field as little as possible.

I'm hoping that cbj adjust his off to compensate for this if he doesn't vol fans will not like tn running the no huddle after the ducks n Fla hang like 40 on us because the off 3 n outs.......

you are twisting everything here. i am not talking about wins and losses.

i am talking offensive performance. in 3 games against the best defenses a&m faced, they all had the same pattern.

unstoppable early, shut down (especially comparatively speaking) late.

there is nothing you have written that disputes any of that. the fact that texas a&m beat alabama has nothing to do with anything.

again, 1st half scoring against florida, lsu, and alabama was 49 points, 2nd half scoring.....16. they scored a total of 32 in the 1st quarter which is double what was scored in the 2nd half in those games combined.

Perhaps you should have avoided making a blanket statement about the outcomes being the same if that isn't what you meant. The outcomes were different, what you were trying to do was find a slim enough portion of facts to support your viewpoint (only using 1 half of football) instead of understanding that it is a game of four quarters and full seasons. The outcome over both was different than what happened against Florida, early in the season.

If I was to use your sort of argument, I could make some wild assertion about how good UT was last season because they lead Florida for what, 3 quarters? But you would tell me that doesn't matter because the score at the end is all that matters, right? If so, I could agree with that...the score at the end is ALL that matters.

Even if I buy your argument that the outcome was "the same", how are the numbers 0, 7 and 9 remotely similar? Let me answer the rhetorical question: they aren't similar.

What might be similar is that most coaches (Dooley not included) do tend to make personnel and schematic changes at the half and some teams perform better in one half or the other. But to say that aTm was "shut down" in the second half, ignores the reality of the scores against LSU and Bama.

If you had said "slowed down" I could agree. I can't agree with such hyperbole as "shut down" or "the outcomes were the same".

Perhaps you should have avoided making a blanket statement about the outcomes being the same if that isn't what you meant. The outcomes were different, what you were trying to do was find a slim enough portion of facts to support your viewpoint (only using 1 half of football) instead of understanding that it is a game of four quarters and full seasons. The outcome over both was different than what happened against Florida, early in the season.

If I was to use your sort of argument, I could make some wild assertion about how good UT was last season because they lead Florida for what, 3 quarters? But you would tell me that doesn't matter because the score at the end is all that matters, right? If so, I could agree with that...the score at the end is ALL that matters.

Even if I buy your argument that the outcome was "the same", how are the numbers 0, 7 and 9 remotely similar? Let me answer the rhetorical question: they aren't similar.

What might be similar is that most coaches (Dooley not included) do tend to make personnel and schematic changes at the half and some teams perform better in one half or the other. But to say that aTm was "shut down" in the second half, ignores the reality of the scores against LSU and Bama.

If you had said "slowed down" I could agree. I can't agree with such hyperbole as "shut down" or "the outcomes were the same".

Arggggggg my brain!!!

VN Store

Back