What do you REALISTICALLY hope to see this Saturday?

Do you really expect a competent HC to repeatedly ram his head into a buzzsaw?

We have two good RBs, a big experienced Oline. Why in the hell wouldn't you do your best to keep that offense off the field and keep your defense fresh?

I'll answer your question with a question.

Do you expect a competent HC to come in and say this is who we are and what we're going to be. Practice that philosophy to death from spring ball, summer workouts, and fall camp only to change it up versus the first formidable opponent. Seems odd, but what do I know.

A defensive scheme that makes O earn every score.
Had hoped our offense would have gelled by now.
Don't expect much there. Too early.
I'd take 300 yards rushing.

If I see improvement in fundamental tackling skills against a quality opponent I will be happy. Thinking back on the 2010 matchup, most of O's scoring came as a result of missed tackles or poor technique. That was a winnable game for us had we played good fundamental football. We need to realize where we are in the first round of a complete reconstruction of a program and this is the FIRST test. At this point, we really have no clue where we stand. Saturday we find out.

How will you feel if they go NHHU?

i will be pretty disappointed. i wont mind if we no huddle to keep the defense on the field, but if we are trying to snap the ball every 15-20 seconds still, i would really have to question the ability of the staff to gameplan. especially because of the fact that oregon clearly has superior experience on offense and it does not seem logical for the gameplan to be outscore the most prolific offense in the country. the only way that the NHHU could be justified is if they believe there is no chance of us winning this game and are just using it for experience and that would also disgust me.

A slow no huddle offense that moves the ball on the ground without allowing substitutions. The ducks have a defense that is used to being on the field a lot, we don't.

Martiota on the ground more than once, I want to see his hands up when he hands off the ball. Put Smith or Maggit on him and just hit him every single play if he fakes.

Containment from the front 7 on D. They are going to break big plays, but I would rather not see Mariota roll out and run 70 yards.

Keep up the good work with penalties.

I normally hate moral victories, but this team is so good, I would totally take one this week. I'm really just hoping for no injuries.

If our offense can play "keep a way" and keep the Oregon offense off the field, then we'll have a chance............we need a lot of SLOW, methodical drives......ala Auburn in the BCS game !! We don't need "splash" plays, as that will play will right in the Oregon gameplan !!

I'll be in vegas for a sales meeting, partying hard at the Bellagio---I think I can get UT and 26 points---should I take it?

If you wait you'll get more than 26. Its already up to 27.5 at some places.

VN Store

Back