What does Florida week mean to you?

tngivem6

Yep, it's Florida week for those in a cave or who have exiled themselves from UT football, be it intentionally or not.
This week, in the yester years, used to be "The Week"!
If we won,(which wasn't a lot) then book a trip to the SEC champ game., if we lost, it was back to hoping this team lost or this team lost.
With UT slipping down in the SEC lately, I feel this week isn't as big as it used to be, say in the 90's, where we always had a change going into the game, even if we didn't have the talent.
Now it's, hope we don't get blown out.
Of course, I always have my orange sunglasses on!
GO bIG ORANGE!

that we are going to lose to a bunch of hillbilly douchebags again

???????????????????????

I would think you're a Gator fan, except they haven't lost to us hillbillies in a while.

I would think you're a Vol fan if there were any hills in FL.

Reactions: 1 person
Last year (and every year before) I spent this whole week talking trash. Posting pics of gators fans and the "Corch Irvin" video on my Facebook. Last year I had already mailed in the win before the game even started. Florida was going to be lucky to stay within 2 touchdowns of our dynamic offense.

After halftime I thought it was humorous that they had managed to keep it close. In the second half we were just going to come out and drill them.

After the game was over and I was sick to my stomach I vowed that I will talk no more trash about Florida, at least until we can finally win one. And again, my trash talking will be minimal until we can do it consistently.

I better start checking prices at best buy for a new TV for the 9th straight year. Living in Florida makes it even worse when we lose. I remember the times we have won and a 50 mile radius around Gainesville goes quite and all the Gators are hiding but when they win the smack talking never quits. Please allow me to streak through the middle of campus carrying my power T flag and singing rocky top all night long!!!! GO VOLS beat them sissy gators.

Reactions: 3 people
When I was a kid growing up in the 90's (born in '87) this was always huge. All week we'd talk about it, watch past years games and finally on game day my brother used to hang this toy alligator by the neck on our front porch. It was a HUGE deal back then in the whole town (Murfreesboro) - you'd see so much orange out, and the occasional gator fan too. Trash talking was very heated. Now it's pretty pacified because hell what can we say aside from "Yeah, yeah I know we're gonna take it, aaaaagain."

Its just another game on the schedule at this point, we have proven nothing and until we do we need to keep out mouth shut.

I root for us to win and Bama to lose every week.

I would root for Russia against that trash from Tuscaloosa

Reactions: 4 people
When I was a kid growing up in the 90's (born in '87) this was always huge. All week we'd talk about it, watch past years games and finally on game day my brother used to hang this toy alligator by the neck on our front porch. It was a HUGE deal back then in the whole town (Murfreesboro) - you'd see so much orange out, and the occasional gator fan too. Trash talking was very heated. Now it's pretty pacified because hell what can we say aside from "Yeah, yeah I know we're gonna take it, aaaaagain."
It sucks don't it?

Its just another game on the schedule at this point, we have proven nothing and until we do we need to keep out mouth shut.

I root for us to win and Bama to lose every week.

I would root for Russia against that trash from Tuscaloosa

This, I hope it ends up Oregon vs. Alabama in the NCG and Oregon takes them to the woodshed. :spank:

It just doesn't have the same vibe it used to. Hell, UF now views UT like they do UK and Vandy. I remember 2 years ago after the game, no one talked any Gator smack. It was another "ho-hum" game to them.

I still wear my orange almost every day. I got my Tennessee sweatshirt and my orange shoes on right now in class as we speak. I get crap all the time I don't care cause even if UT goes 0-12 the rest of my life I'll always love UT and will always represent over here on the west.

It sucks don't it?

Absolutely blows chunks. Do you guys remember how big CBS used to build the game up too? They'd always do the pre-game segments that showed past game's clips. I remember one that was Phil Collins in the air tonight, it was eerie because if I remember it correctly right when the drum break down happens it showed Lawrence Wright rock Joey Kent. :yikes:

Florida week is the equivalent to Rex Manning day! (I hope someone gets this)

UT/UF is the game I've traveled to Knoxville most for. Two of our greatest victories came against them at neyland, which I was at both, and we've lost far too many times. The run game is important and anything can happen on Florida week.

GBO

VN Store

Back