What does Florida week mean to you?

Yep, it's Florida week for those in a cave or who have exiled themselves from UT football, be it intentionally or not.
This week, in the yester years, used to be "The Week"!
If we won,(which wasn't a lot) then book a trip to the SEC champ game., if we lost, it was back to hoping this team lost or this team lost.
With UT slipping down in the SEC lately, I feel this week isn't as big as it used to be, say in the 90's, where we always had a change going into the game, even if we didn't have the talent.
Now it's, hope we don't get blown out.
Of course, I always have my orange sunglasses on!
GO bIG ORANGE!
Well honestly...I've started dreading it. Lol

It just doesn't have the same vibe it used to. Hell, UF now views UT like they do UK and Vandy. I remember 2 years ago after the game, no one talked any Gator smack. It was another "ho-hum" game to them.

Yep. We've become to Florida what Vandy is to us. Jeez. It will take UT beating Florida 2-3 yrs in a row (which is not likely to happen in my lifetime) before I talk or even think ANY smack talk towards Florida.

Stuck here in Gainesville surrounded by gator fans, Florida week means a week of anticipation and excitement. That ever building hope that this is our year and with the game in the Swamp this weekend the chance to see my Vols in person and hopefully get to see thousands of angry disappointed fairweather front running jort wearing fans.

Reactions: 1 person
Florida week means .....

1. The myth that Florida's offense annually sucks is exploded
2. Chances we win the SEC East are damaged severely
3. Yet again, a somewhat depressed Sat evening and Sunday after yet another ass whuppin at the hands of our biggest rival

That, unfortunately, sums it up for me.

Reactions: 2 people
Florida week means .....

3. Yet again, a somewhat depressed Sat evening and Sunday after yet another ass whuppin at the hands of our biggest rival

Dang KB...thats mighty depressing.

Stuck here in Gainesville surrounded by gator fans, Florida week means a week of anticipation and excitement. That ever building hope that this is our year and with the game in the Swamp this weekend the chance to see my Vols in person and hopefully get to see thousands of angry disappointed fairweather front running jort wearing fans.

Man when we lost to oregon so bad last week i got crap in school from those crappy fairweather duck fans, it sucked. One of them had a Oregon duck sweatshirt and USC shorts true story.

Yep. We've become to Florida what Vandy is to us. Jeez. It will take UT beating Florida 2-3 yrs in a row (which is not likely to happen in my lifetime) before I talk or even think ANY smack talk towards Florida.

I was bracing 2 years ago for a ton of "gator bait" chomping in my face crap, and NOTHING! It was sad in a way.

Florida week means .....

Damn! Where's the old KB? Don't tell me the Oregon game took it all out of you. Sometimes a game doesn't go as planned. I was more shocked to see UF score 62 in '95 and 59 in '07 than I was to see Oregon score 59 last week.

It used to tell me how good florida was.

When florida won, i knew it meant we were really good.

Now, it doesnt tell me much. I have to wait for the lsu game in most years to know what kind of team Florida has

It means people talking about some supposed weakness as a reason we will win. Then, we usually do well for a quarter or two. Finally, we get beat. Emotional roller coaster.

Reactions: 1 person
It used to tell me how good florida was.

When florida won, i knew it meant we were really good.

Now, it doesnt tell me much. I have to wait for the lsu game in most years to know what kind of team Florida has

Ugh screw off, even though you're right :cray:

At least we'll always have the best forum, which is apparent by the number of rival fans that not only visit but stick around :)

Reactions: 5 people
Florida week used to mean the winner was usually in the SECCG. Now, I don't really know. Last win was in 04 and I honestly don't see us winning this year. Anything can happen, but Florida usually plays there best game of the year against us.

Ugh screw off, even though you're right :cray:

At least we'll always have the best forum, which is apparent by the number of rival fans that not only visit but stick around :)

Lol this can be a good thing and a bad thing. I like the football rival posters but the Memphis fans on the Bball forum suck I wish they'd just leave

Edit: except law gator that dude gets on my nervous

Reactions: 3 people
I was bracing 2 years ago for a ton of "gator bait" chomping in my face crap, and NOTHING! It was sad in a way.

Damn! Where's the old KB? Don't tell me the Oregon game took it all out of you. Sometimes a game doesn't go as planned. I was more shocked to see UF score 62 in '95 and 59 in '07 than I was to see Oregon score 59 last week.

I'm still 100% Butch, love my Vols. I know that Oregon game was an awful matchup for us, as it is for 99% of all FBS schools. However, it exposed us in so many ways... talent, mental toughness, speed, lack of big play ability, etc. So for me, the great expectations have been tempered a bit by the reality of where our team is. We're just not very good right now..... emphasis on right now.

I'll be watching and pulling for Butch and the boys on Saturday, but I won't be expecting a win.... just some signs that we've improved ALOT after last week and that we have some fight in us.

VN Store

Back