What is really going on with Trump's taxes?

lawgator1

"I'm under a routine audit, and it'll be released, and as soon as the audit is finished it will be released"

---Trump at the first presidential debate

I continue to be mystified by the lack of either an explanation for this or concern as to what he does not want us to see. Tax returns for presidential candidates are routinely disclosed. It sure looked at the time like Trump was hiding something. He was uncomfortable with the question and his demeanor was clearly evasive.

A routine audit would have been long ago finished. And if it wasn't, the WH could just say so. IMO this is a campaign promise which the press and both the GOP and the Dems should require that he honor.

"I'm under a routine audit, and it'll be released, and as soon as the audit is finished it will be released"

I continue to be mystified by the lack of either an explanation for this or concern as to what he does not want us to see. Tax returns for presidential candidates are routinely disclosed. It sure looked at the time like Trump was hiding something. He was uncomfortable with the question and his demeanor was clearly evasive.

A routine audit would have been long ago finished. And if it wasn't, the WH could just say so. IMO this is a campaign promise which the press and both the GOP and the Dems should require that he honor.

Obviously the Russians

Well the initial gambit was he wasn’t releasing them because he was lying about being rich. Then Maddow “leaks” his return showing $40M in taxes paid. So that kind of died. Then it moved to there’s something about Russia in them. But that wouldn’t land on your return, and if you were actually colluding with a foreign government you wouldn’t take that payment on a 1099 or directly from Red Bear Ventures LLC. The candidate’s financial disclosures will tell you way more about their business dealings than any tax return.

The democrats would be much better served coming up with better ideas than Trump to sell to the voting public as opposed to flinging their poo at him trying to prove he isn’t a great person. Since he’s so stupid this should be quite easy.

Reactions: 1972 Grad

this is right up there in urgency with Obama's college records or whatever that foolishness was. dumb dumb dumb. just because its your side's turn to be dumb doesn't mean you have to take it at every turn.

did the IRS finish their audit?
if no, then we are still waiting. It took 6 months for me to clear up a $400 tab with the state, and that was me willing to pay it from day one. Can't imagine the federal branch is any better with who knows how much money.
If yes, and the IRS didn't lock him up, issue any leins or collections on his businesses or whatever, it probably means there is nothing there to be worried about.

seriously all it is going to tell you is how much taxes he owes. thats it. thats all it is.

Breaking news: shady super rich businessman probably did what every other shady super rich businessman does to pay as little taxes as possible. Good for him.

This is played out, LG.

So release it and be proud.

Why lie and say it will be released when it never was? Clearly, there is something he does not want us to see.

this is right up there in urgency with Obama's college records or whatever that foolishness was. dumb dumb dumb. just because its your side's turn to be dumb doesn't mean you have to take it at every turn.

did the IRS finish their audit?
if no, then we are still waiting. It took 6 months for me to clear up a $400 tab with the state, and that was me willing to pay it from day one. Can't imagine the federal branch is any better with who knows how much money.
If yes, and the IRS didn't lock him up, issue any leins or collections on his businesses or whatever, it probably means there is nothing there to be worried about.

seriously all it is going to tell you is how much taxes he owes. thats it. thats all it is.

I'm sorry but tax returns are at a whole different level than college transcripts, and you know it. For decades we have had a general picture of a presidential candidate's finances, viewed through the prism of their tax returns. It is more than just custom as it serves an important purpose -- to ensure that he does not act in his own interests over ours.

The comparison to Obama's college trancripts is a pretty pathetic effort to dodge the question with the weakest whataboutism.

Reactions: Mick
I'm sorry but tax returns are at a whole different level than college transcripts, and you know it. For decades we have had a general picture of a presidential candidate's finances, viewed through the prism of their tax returns. It is more than just custom as it serves an important purpose -- to ensure that he does not act in his own interests over ours.

The comparison to Obama's college trancripts is a pretty pathetic effort to dodge the question with the weakest whataboutism.
Again, the financial disclosure tells you loads more about a candidate than a tax return ever would.

Reactions: BigOrangeMojo

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. you know you are talking about politicians right? bwhahahahahahaha. every single one of them does that. everyone. both parties. doesn't matter if they come back squeaky clean. Trump has been looked at hard enough, and I am sure the FBI/Mueller has seen this tax stuff, that if they were important you would know.

its not "whataboutism" I was dismissing Obama's transcripts. they aren't important. neither is this. its not going to tell you ANYTHING you want to know.

Reactions: McDad
I’m pretty sure at this point he’s doing it just to troll the moonbat libtards. Nobody else GAF

Then why not disclose them?

And why lie about why you haven't yet?

And why lie about when you would disclose in the future?
I’m not Trump, I have no idea. I think he’s pretty well established he isn’t going to do anything unless legally compelled. Saying “it’s always been done” appears to make him dig his heels in even more. I honestly don’t know what the point of the tax return disclosure is, you could own 1M shares of Google or Amazon or Smith and Wesson and no one would have any idea just looking at your tax return. It doesn’t give any hints regarding “allegiances” or motivations.

I’m not Trump, I have no idea. I think he’s pretty well established he isn’t going to do anything unless legally compelled. Saying “it’s always been done” appears to make him dig his heels in even more. I honestly don’t know what the point of the tax return disclosure is, you could own 1M shares of Google or Amazon or Smith and Wesson and no one would have any idea just looking at your tax return. It doesn’t give any hints regarding “allegiances” or motivations.
I suspect he's not as rich as he's claimed. He's shown an unhealthy ego about being called a billionaire. I totally believe it's megalomania.

********! Most have never released their entire returns, there is much more information on the financial disclosures.

Reactions: McDad and FLVOL_79

VN Store

Back