What is really going on with Trump's taxes?

The country is doing fantastic with him in charge. The only people who don’t like it are the worthless trash with hurt feelings.

nelson-simpsons-haha.jpg

Time for the Redhats to regroup. Expect a but Hillary soon while they buy time.

I'm confused, are the tax strategies "questionable", "suspect" or illegal?

Seems like that's really the only question worth asking. If it's not illegal, I want to know how to employ those strategies.

The new norm.........the accusation is enough.

So release it and be proud.

Why lie and say it will be released when it never was? Clearly, there is something he does not want us to see.
Show Trump how its done and publicly disclose your taxes online. We will be waiting..

I suspect he's not as rich as he's claimed. He's shown an unhealthy ego about being called a billionaire. I totally believe it's megalomania.
Ok, but again, your tax return doesn’t say that. Mark Zuckerberg could take $1 salary from FB and if he didn’t have any options that year he’d appear broke.

I would also add Trump himself has intangible value that wouldn’t be reflected in a tax return either. For instance if you were to “value” Peyton Manning his intangible goodwill that could generate future endorsements and revenue based off his popularity would be pretty high. That would never see a tax return until it was realized. But it could certainly be considered an asset for financial disclosure purposes.

Reactions: Orange_Crush
The first paragraph of the NY Times article:

"President Trump participated in dubious tax schemes during the 1990s, including instances of outright fraud, that greatly increased the fortune he received from his parents, an investigation by The New York Times has found. "

That's stunning because they balk at even calling his daily falsehoods lies.

Reactions: luthervol
I'm sorry but tax returns are at a whole different level than college transcripts, and you know it. For decades we have had a general picture of a presidential candidate's finances, viewed through the prism of their tax returns. It is more than just custom as it serves an important purpose -- to ensure that he does not act in his own interests over ours.

The comparison to Obama's college trancripts is a pretty pathetic effort to dodge the question with the weakest whataboutism.
He filed a financial disclosure which the election committee investigates. The tax returns serve two purposes for you. 1. If he isn't a billionaire you can go HE ISN'T A BILLIONAIRE (pat myself on the back)..or 2. Used against him anyway possible. Now I say anyway possible because your ilk will attempt to drum up some bogus BS no one cares about like effective tax rates or that he claimed his tanning bed as a business expense.

"President Trump participated in dubious tax schemes during the 1990s, including instances of outright fraud, that greatly increased the fortune he received from his parents, an investigation by The New York Times has found. "

And? Clintons IRS let him get away with?

Oh darn, SOL has run out then. I thought you really had him this time.

Seems like that's really the only question worth asking. If it's not illegal, I want to know how to employ those strategies.
The difference between tax avoidance and tax evasion is about 10 years in jail.

He filed a financial disclosure which the election committee investigates. The tax returns serve two purposes for you. 1. If he isn't a billionaire you can go HE ISN'T A BILLIONAIRE (pat myself on the back)..or 2. Used against him anyway possible. Now I say anyway possible because your ilk will attempt to drum up some bogus BS no one cares about like effective tax rates or that he claimed his tanning bed as a business expense.

Can't really determine that from a tax return anyway.

Reactions: FLVOL_79

1st - Get a reputable CPA to do your taxes that is willing to go bat for their client. Most Americans leave plenty on the table when they pay taxes. If I can get a deduction, I am taking the deduction.

2nd - Make a lot of money, so there is a reason to protect YOUR money.

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
I hope the NYT does an investigation into Friedrich Trump. That dude was really shady, running brothels and such. No way he paid his taxes either.

Reactions: FLVOL_79
This article really reaches. While I'm no expert on tax law, there are literally too many ways to count (Multiple Family Trusts, S corps, Partnerships, etc..) to be able to pass money through the family - all legal within the tax code and you can do it various ways, over and over again. Why do you think that is so??? Cause politicians gotta get theirs too. I have no doubt Trump and his accountants step with both feet into any grey area of the tax code and make it work for them. I would too.

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
"I'm under a routine audit, and it'll be released, and as soon as the audit is finished it will be released"

---Trump at the first presidential debate

I continue to be mystified by the lack of either an explanation for this or concern as to what he does not want us to see. Tax returns for presidential candidates are routinely disclosed. It sure looked at the time like Trump was hiding something. He was uncomfortable with the question and his demeanor was clearly evasive.

A routine audit would have been long ago finished. And if it wasn't, the WH could just say so. IMO this is a campaign promise which the press and both the GOP and the Dems should require that he honor.
Slow news day?

Reactions: Obsessed

Amen.

Please provide specific detail about these questionable strategies.

Reactions: Septic

VN Store

Back