What kind of snake is this?

What’s up with all the rat snakes? Last week I found one on my back porch…. The next day I found one by my hvac unit…. And another one the same day while mowing. Then I see all the rat snake pics here….
In the 20 years I’ve lived in my current home, I’ve seen one little green snake and two black racers…. Every other snake has been a rat….. 4-5 every summer

What’s up with all the rat snakes? Last week I found one on my back porch…. The next day I found one by my hvac unit…. And another one the same day while mowing. Then I see all the rat snake pics here….
In the 20 years I’ve lived in my current home, I’ve seen one little green snake and two black racers…. Every other snake has been a rat….. 4-5 every summer
Lots of food around? I could use a couple in my yard to control the chipmunks.

If they don't have rattles or fangs, I pretty much leave'm be. But if Snattlerakes or copperheads come close to the house, they gotta die!

That's my policy as well with snakes. Here's my rule of thumb...

If I come across a snake in the woods, on a trail, etc it lives, regardless of being venomous or non venomous.
If I find a snake on my property and it's venomous, it dies.
If I find a snake on my property and it's non-venomous, it lives.
If I ever find a snake in my house, which I haven't in 14 years of living here, it will die, regardless of being venomous or non venomous.

Reactions: Danl
Just glad not another copperhead. Was about 300 feet from where I took copperhead pic.

This snake today was little bitty ..
I hope it is still among the living?

--a water snake - do you live near a creek? I'd like to think it's not attracted to your pool.

VN Store

Back