What kind of snake is this?

First off, I am not a fan of glue traps but I do live in brown recluse country and I’m gonna do what I gotta to mitigate against necrotic flesh from spider bites inside my home. Secondly, I live in an older home that has gaps the mice can squeeze through when it starts getting cold outside. Finally, where there’s mice, there’s probably snakes.
5E7B0187-C01D-4D64-8140-AE1C31EEE4C5.jpeg377C5E51-838E-4916-A1E0-A5E228598023.jpeg0A67FFCC-C813-405F-88F5-C52FADE46499.jpegB06151A6-4AD1-427C-9216-1B41D225903F.jpegEBC4CB75-7F70-4BF6-B470-3BB46E35848D.jpeg

First off, I am not a fan of glue traps but I do live in brown recluse country and I’m gonna do what I gotta to mitigate against necrotic flesh from spider bites inside my home. Secondly, I live in an older home that has gaps the mice can squeeze through when it starts getting cold outside. Finally, where there’s mice, there’s probably snakes.
View attachment 588730View attachment 588731View attachment 588732View attachment 588733View attachment 588734
Is that last pic mouse fur or dissolved snake? The former, I hope!

Reactions: VolunteerHillbilly
Soap bubbles
herp derp

Girl In Corporate Suit Head Smack GIF - Girl In Corporate Suit Head Smack Duh GIFs

View attachment 588730View attachment 588731View attachment 588732View attachment 588733View attachment 588734
Wait, is he still alive? You saved him?

Wait, is he still alive? You saved him?
Look at pic #3 (head out of water) and image #4 (trying to climb out of plastic container).

I would never have expected it! There was a glue trap in my church choir office where I attempt to log in 1,000+ pieces of choir music, and I accidentally moved my chair - one chair leg - onto it. I didn't think I'd ever get that sucker off.

Reactions: VolunteerHillbilly
Look at pic #3 (head out of water) and image #4 (trying to climb out of plastic container).

I would never have expected it! There was a glue trap in my church choir office where I attempt to log in 1,000+ pieces of choir music, and I accidentally moved my chair - one chair leg - onto it. I didn't think I'd ever get that sucker off.
I thought he was but wanted confirmation. Good on ya @VolunteerHillbilly most people wouldn't have gone through the trouble to save a snake. Rat snakes are welcome around my house. I can't stand chipmunks and mice.

I thought he was but wanted confirmation. Good on ya @VolunteerHillbilly most people wouldn't have gone through the trouble to save a snake. Rat snakes are welcome around my house. I can't stand chipmunks and mice.
Amen. I now need a snake to handle a groundhog that appears to be at least 15# and a lot closer to 20#.

(Lots of discussion about more sensible remedies on the Endzone Garden Thread, so not inviting them here! 😁)

Amen. I now need a snake to handle a groundhog that appears to be at least 15# and a lot closer to 20#.

(Lots of discussion about more sensible remedies on the Endzone Garden Thread, so not inviting them here! 😁)
Visit the everglades and pick up one of the displaced Anacondas. A 20 footer should do the trick.

A foolproof way to distinguish venomous and non venomous snakes is look at the bite area on your leg. 2 or 4 punctures = venomous. A row or 2 of tiny indentations = harmless.
I was out hunting with a buddy once when I was bitten by copperhead. I asked him to run to get and antidote. He came back and started reading short stories out of Readers Digest. I said, “No you idiot, I need an antidote, not an anecdote. He was a Bama grad. GBO

VN Store

Back