What must be done to Unite the Country

Wolf, ordered security into PDX to "protect" the federal court house. By mandate that is what they were suppose to do. They were not suppose to go beyond the court house property. The violence started once security extended beyond the court house area and onto PDX streets. This was done without the mayor's approval. When this happened that escalated the situation. So yes, Trump through Wolf made the situation worse!
The buildings were being attacked and police threatened before the security forces were sent in. They were sent there because there was a threat against the buildings. Establishing a perimeter is SOP. I'm not a Trump supporter but that's a very fragile argument in support of Portland protests.

Two movies that totally sum up the current climate of the US and it's politics

"The Campaign"
"Idiocracy"

Your ideal scenario with the best chance of success.

So, you asked for it...

The "how" isn't important for this, just that eventually the Democrats make Conservatives snap and it all comes to a head. It'll probably start in Texas because, why not? Don't all Texans think the world revolves around them?

- So, something happens to someone, Texas declares their intent to secede.
- Biden says "You can't stand up to us!"
- Abbott cackles, raises bottle of tequila and a middle finger and does it anyway
- Houston, Dallas, San Antonio and Austin revolt and stay with the American Empire
- Dan Crenshaw sent in to negotiate
- San Antonio falls back in line since Crenshaw promises them a new whale at Sea World and to repave the 410 loop
- Houston reenters the State after it's promised to keep cameras a minimum of 500 yards from Shelia Jackson-Lee
- Austin is next, remains defiant, Texas shuts off the power all Starbucks franchises
- Austin surrenders 37 minutes later
- Dallas rolls their eyes, sighs deeply and comes back without negotiating
- Oklahoma asks if they can come play too
- Texas chuckles and says no
- Oklahoma offers to settle the matter at the Cotton Bowl
- Oklahoma demands the new Union be named Oklahoma after the game ends in yet another rout
- Oklahoma settles for an In-and-Out Burger franchise as a consolation
- Pelosi votes to impeach Texas
- Kansas, Nebraska, Iowa, Arkansas, North and South Dakota, Missouri, Montana and Wyoming all ask to join new Union
- "Why the hell not?!" declares Oklahoma Texas. Congress and Harris Biden outraged
- Big party for the new nation held at the BSR Cable Park and Royal Flush Slide. Most attendees anxiously awaiting arrival of Kristi Noem
- California angry that Texas has open attractions, secedes from the Union and disowns Pelosi
- Oregon and Washington follow California
- Nobody cares
- Pelosi now UN Ambassador, demands assistance from UN members
- Matthew McConaughey appointed as UN Ambassador for Texas, bribes members with bootleg videos from BSR Cable Park celebration and dates with Dallas Cowgirls
- UN decides to remain neutral in "that thing down south."
- Pelosi impeaches the UN
- Tennessee, Florida, North and South Carolina, Alabama, Mississippi, Kentucky, West Virginia, Ohio and Indiana secede, form new nation
- CNN nationalized by new nation, holds online auction for Jim Acosta "Pie in the face" contest
- Approximately $1.3 trillion raised as capitol for new nation
- Biden steps down due to "cognitive decline"
- Nobody's surprised
- Virginia tells revolting neighbors to "settle down!"
- New nation pats Virginia on its head and sends him home
- New states join: Southwest Virginia, Central Virginia, Southeast Virginia. Sue West Virginia for making their names difficult
- Florida Man steals Pelosi's wine collection, replaces wine with clam juice in bottles
- Pelosi declares war on Florida
- Harris asks for help from China
- Chinese "too busy making bootleg copies of BSR Cable Park videos to distribute in Europe, call back in a while."
- Putin chuckles at Harris
- Louisiana asked to join either new southern nation or Texas
- Negotiations stall
- Negotiations back on after translator is found
- Louisiana joins Texas after they win the jumbo cookoff
- Harris defects to Canada
- Canada politely declines her request, tells her "doesn't work that way..."
- Rest of Virginia joins Washington DC. Can't decide a name for the new city
- Write in campaign from Oklahoma suggests "Redskins."
- Utah joins Texas, Romney defects to Massachusetts
- Massachusetts declines, tells Romney to GTFO
- Romney and Mitch McConnell men without a country, set up nice retreat in Guatemala, become coffee import kings
- Wisconsin defects, joins Texas
- Madison revolts
- Madison rejoins the state after rest of state threatens to cut off cheese
- Chicago revolts, claims to be part of France
- France sticks nose in air and declines
- Maine and Upper Michigan revolt, join Canada
- Bernie Sanders flees to Cuba, given a 1956 Chevy and a chicken to start out
- Bernie sells chicken to Venezuela, becomes first millionaire in Cuba since the revolution
- Texas invades Colorado and New Mexico
- Attack fails, Colorado tough nut to crack
- Coloradans momentarily distracted by appearance of Peyton Manning
- Colorado falls
- New Mexico gives up
- Arizona comes to its senses and joins Texas
- Nevada joins Texas
- Tensions rise between Texas and new nation in south
- Uneasy truce called as south promises to keep Saban in Alabama as long as Texas keeps Californians out west
- UN threatens to move headquarters to Beijing
- Americans offer to help them pack
- Alaska becomes independent, residents officially notified of move over next three months
- Hawaii joins Australia
- Obama tells them how proud he was to be the first Australian President of United States
- Washington DC surrenders to Texas, renamed "State of Dumbass" as punishment
- Dumbass introduced in new Texas Congress
- Harris defects to China, given middle management job with Lebron James making Nike apparel in Wuhan
- Peace comes over the world

So, you asked for it...

The "how" isn't important for this, just that eventually the Democrats make Conservatives snap and it all comes to a head. It'll probably start in Texas because, why not? Don't all Texans think the world revolves around them?

- So, something happens to someone, Texas declares their intent to secede.
- Biden says "You can't stand up to us!"
- Abbott cackles, raises bottle of tequila and a middle finger and does it anyway
- Houston, Dallas, San Antonio and Austin revolt and stay with the American Empire
- Dan Crenshaw sent in to negotiate
- San Antonio falls back in line since Crenshaw promises them a new whale at Sea World and to repave the 410 loop
- Houston reenters the State after it's promised to keep cameras a minimum of 500 yards from Shelia Jackson-Lee
- Austin is next, remains defiant, Texas shuts off the power all Starbucks franchises
- Austin surrenders 37 minutes later
- Dallas rolls their eyes, sighs deeply and comes back without negotiating
- Oklahoma asks if they can come play too
- Texas chuckles and says no
- Oklahoma offers to settle the matter at the Cotton Bowl
- Oklahoma demands the new Union be named Oklahoma after the game ends in yet another rout
- Oklahoma settles for an In-and-Out Burger franchise as a consolation
- Pelosi votes to impeach Texas
- Kansas, Nebraska, Iowa, Arkansas, North and South Dakota, Missouri, Montana and Wyoming all ask to join new Union
- "Why the hell not?!" declares Oklahoma Texas. Congress and Harris Biden outraged
- Big party for the new nation held at the BSR Cable Park and Royal Flush Slide. Most attendees anxiously awaiting arrival of Kristi Noem
- California angry that Texas has open attractions, secedes from the Union and disowns Pelosi
- Oregon and Washington follow California
- Nobody cares
- Pelosi now UN Ambassador, demands assistance from UN members
- Matthew McConaughey appointed as UN Ambassador for Texas, bribes members with bootleg videos from BSR Cable Park celebration and dates with Dallas Cowgirls
- UN decides to remain neutral in "that thing down south."
- Pelosi impeaches the UN
- Tennessee, Florida, North and South Carolina, Alabama, Mississippi, Kentucky, West Virginia, Ohio and Indiana secede, form new nation
- CNN nationalized by new nation, holds online auction for Jim Acosta "Pie in the face" contest
- Approximately $1.3 trillion raised as capitol for new nation
- Biden steps down due to "cognitive decline"
- Nobody's surprised
- Virginia tells revolting neighbors to "settle down!"
- New nation pats Virginia on its head and sends him home
- New states join: Southwest Virginia, Central Virginia, Southeast Virginia. Sue West Virginia for making their names difficult
- Florida Man steals Pelosi's wine collection, replaces wine with clam juice in bottles
- Pelosi declares war on Florida
- Harris asks for help from China
- Chinese "too busy making bootleg copies of BSR Cable Park videos to distribute in Europe, call back in a while."
- Putin chuckles at Harris
- Louisiana asked to join either new southern nation or Texas
- Negotiations stall
- Negotiations back on after translator is found
- Louisiana joins Texas after they win the jumbo cookoff
- Harris defects to Canada
- Canada politely declines her request, tells her "doesn't work that way..."
- Rest of Virginia joins Washington DC. Can't decide a name for the new city
- Write in campaign from Oklahoma suggests "Redskins."
- Utah joins Texas, Romney defects to Massachusetts
- Massachusetts declines, tells Romney to GTFO
- Romney and Mitch McConnell men without a country, set up nice retreat in Guatemala, become coffee import kings
- Wisconsin defects, joins Texas
- Madison revolts
- Madison rejoins the state after rest of state threatens to cut off cheese
- Chicago revolts, claims to be part of France
- France sticks nose in air and declines
- Maine and Upper Michigan revolt, join Canada
- Bernie Sanders flees to Cuba, given a 1956 Chevy and a chicken to start out
- Bernie sells chicken to Venezuela, becomes first millionaire in Cuba since the revolution
- Texas invades Colorado and New Mexico
- Attack fails, Colorado tough nut to crack
- Coloradans momentarily distracted by appearance of Peyton Manning
- Colorado falls
- New Mexico gives up
- Arizona comes to its senses and joins Texas
- Nevada joins Texas
- Tensions rise between Texas and new nation in south
- Uneasy truce called as south promises to keep Saban in Alabama as long as Texas keeps Californians out west
- UN threatens to move headquarters to Beijing
- Americans offer to help them pack
- Alaska becomes independent, residents officially notified of move over next three months
- Hawaii joins Australia
- Obama tells them how proud he was to be the first Australian President of United States
- Washington DC surrenders to Texas, renamed "State of Dumbass" as punishment
- Dumbass introduced in new Texas Congress
- Harris defects to China, given middle management job with Lebron James making Nike apparel in Wuhan
- Peace comes over the world

User name checks out.

That was a glorious read.

This may be the most bigoted thing I have ever seen posted on this board, which says a lot. Is it 1950?

Ask yourself if someone born blind can fly for the military or airlines ... even drive a bus or truck - not even a car. So was that person "created equal"? Would you say mentally that most of the people are the equal of Einstein, for example? Nothing bigoted about it - saying all men are created equal is plain dumb.

The cognitive dissonance is real, very stupid, and not an act.

"Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness..."

Some people don't understand equality verse equity. Equality means equal opportunity. Equity means equal outcome. Neither is perfect but only one of them takes away an individual's liberty & freedom.

Pursuit means equal opportunity not equal outcome.

Reason #243,678 why critical theory is a steaming pile of bovine feces.

There are any number of career paths that may be closed to someone because he or she lacks the the physical or mental requirements. Obviously that person cannot pursue one or more career paths because of disability or lack of mental prowess. By your definition they are unequal - they may have been born that way - some things are simply never in the equation for some people. I'd go so far as to say we have no potential Heisman trophy winners in this particular forum - not because of desire but because the necessary talent is missing in most people.

And I wasn't hatin' by the way. In the Navy we didn't have nice golf courses and spas like ya'll have. You were smart.

Not hatin the player... but I do hate the game.

You did paddle around in a big swimming pool, though.

Reactions: NEO
It would send a tremendous messages to people who claim to be republicans that the party is much bigger than trump and his actions and rhetoric are (and have been) unacceptable

So Chamberlain was bigger than Hitler?

I'm going to respectfully disagree but I get your point.

My uncle was drafted into Vietnam in the army.

My father knew he was up for the draft so he joined the air force instead of heading to canada....his words, not mine.

My uncle came home completely changed with severe PTSD and issues from agent orange that has caused him major heart issues and he is finally being covered by the U.S. as they accepted responsibility.

My dad came home a very good mechanic who never spent a single second in combat.

Just saying..........

:)

Wolf, ordered security into PDX to "protect" the federal court house. By mandate that is what they were suppose to do. They were not suppose to go beyond the court house property. The violence started once security extended beyond the court house area and onto PDX streets. This was done without the mayor's approval. When this happened that escalated the situation. So yes, Trump through Wolf made the situation worse!

How far do you suppose someone might throw a Molotov cocktail? Would you be willing to stand on the steps of the courthouse and watch them come your way, or would you go after the people tossing them. How do you sanely protect property if you are forced to be a human shield for the property but you can't shoot - would that be an acceptable occupation for you, or do you think you might believe after a volley or two of thrown objects that you might see the wisdom of expanding the perimeter to push the object chuckers back?

It's not if you take a second to actually think about it instead of just spouting off. Everyone being equal would assume equal outcomes. We should realize that's a ridiculous goal and stop trying to obtain it. Trying to take from some to give to others is considered wrong in every other setting except for govt. Why do you want to give them such power over your life?
Who is "them" exactly? Also, all this crap you are spewing is pretty easy to say when you are a privileged white person who has never had to worry about these things. When you are a minority or poor in this country, then perspectives may be a little different. Your post is exactly why I will never be a Republican. Not everyone looking for assistance is a "free-loader" or lazy.

Reactions: PointGuard
I can't tell if you and bnhunt are really not very bright or if this is just an act. Equal as humans with the same basic rights. No two people are equal in all their abilities or goals and we should stop pretending they are.
So we should just ignore less fortunate people? Got it.

Ask yourself if someone born blind can fly for the military or airlines ... even drive a bus or truck - not even a car. So was that person "created equal"? Would you say mentally that most of the people are the equal of Einstein, for example? Nothing bigoted about it - saying all men are created equal is plain dumb.
Your analogy would be more accurate if it said that someone could not fly for the military or airlines because of their race or gender because there are A LOT of people on the Right who may not admit it (although more aren't scared to now), but are completely intimidated and opposed to anyone having an opportunity who doesn't look exactly like them. Just look at the makeup of Trump rallies, if you think I'm wrong.

Your analogy would be more accurate if it said that someone could not fly for the military or airlines because of their race or gender because there are A LOT of people on the Right who may not admit it (although more aren't scared to now), but are completely intimidated and opposed to anyone having an opportunity who doesn't look exactly like them. Just look at the makeup of Trump rallies, if you think I'm wrong.
Stop spreading your crap. You’re insinuating that more people are good with being openly racist due to Trump and all your rhetoric does is serve to further the problems. You buy into the lies of the MSM such as Trump saying Nazis and white supremacists are very fine people when that isn’t at all what he said. So what are you doing to make things better? Spewing nonsense about is being divided certainly doesn’t do any good. But I’m sure you think Biden will stop racism as he says he will, right after he says something racist of course.

So we should just ignore less fortunate people? Got it.

My god with the race hustling. Not all black people are poor. Not all rich people are white. You can’t force “less fortunate” people to things they don’t want to do. You give people opportunity and they take or they don’t. After that idgaf what happens. People aren’t equal in every aspect and they never will be.

My god with the race hustling. Not all black people are poor. Not all rich people are white. You can’t force “less fortunate” people to things they don’t want to do. You give people opportunity and they take or they don’t. After that idgaf what happens. People aren’t equal in every aspect and they never will be.
I never said that only black people were less fortunate as there are people of all races who fall into this category. The problem is that a lot of people in this country never even get a real opportunity, which a lot of other people refuse or fail to realize.

Stop spreading your crap. You’re insinuating that more people are good with being openly racist due to Trump and all your rhetoric does is serve to further the problems. You buy into the lies of the MSM such as Trump saying Nazis and white supremacists are very fine people when that isn’t at all what he said. So what are you doing to make things better? Spewing nonsense about is being divided certainly doesn’t do any good. But I’m sure you think Biden will stop racism as he says he will, right after he says something racist of course.
BS. I listen to what Trump says and draw my own opinions from that. You people blame the "MSM" for everything and act like Trump never says or does anything offensive and that it's all the media's fault. I suppose that is the only way a lot of you can justify voting and supporting someone as despicable and reprehensible as Trump.

BS. I listen to what Trump says and draw my own opinions from that. You people blame the "MSM" for everything and act like Trump never says or does anything offensive and that it's all the media's fault. I suppose that is the only way a lot of you can justify voting and supporting someone as despicable and reprehensible as Trump.
The msm, they did attack him about stupid sh!t. I’m sure he grew tired of it and did put a few in their place. They would never treat a Dim that way.

VN Store

Back