What must be done to Unite the Country

People need to be more discerning about what they accept as fact, fiction, and opinion. IMO - which is pretty much fact.

Bingo...
The divide comes from people in say TN not wanting the same things or live like people in NY or CA (just examples guys) and visa versa but since we have an overreaching all encompassing federal government that shoves one size fits all laws and regulations down our throats people get pissed.
Bingo. Live and let live.

People need to be more discerning about what they accept as fact, fiction, and opinion. IMO - which is pretty much fact.
In your opinion, were the protests last week more deadly, more expensive and more destructive than the protests that we saw in the months following George Floyd's death?

Please be thoughtful and serious. Thanks

That ship has probably sailed.

I’m sure Democrats are how anxious to unite, but it would be a new found position for them.
Honestly, I’ve got longtime friends - including some from UTK, who don’t speak to me much anymore because we don’t see eye to eye on COVID policies or presidential politics. That behavior has been normalized and is OK. I think it’s absurd, but I’m sure they feel like it’s the righteous thing to do.

I hate to be so pessimistic about it, but short of a world war that forces most of us to the same side, I just don’t see it happening.

I’m sure Democrats are how anxious to unite, but it would be a new found position for them.
Honestly, I’ve got longtime friends - including some from UTK, who don’t speak to me much anymore because we don’t see eye to eye on COVID policies or presidential politics. That behavior has been normalized and is OK. I think it’s absurd, but I’m sure they feel like it’s the righteous thing to do.

I hate to be so pessimistic about it, but short of a world war that forces most of us to the same side, I just don’t see it happening.

A good example of why reducing the size and scope of the federal government is the only answer. If what it did didn't impact people's lives so much people wouldn't care so much.

Please be thoughtful and serious. Thanks

The left stops treating the right as if they are a bunch of uneducated hillbillies, the right stops treating the left as if they are a bunch of soy fed flower children, and both sides start finding middle ground on issues such as religion, taxes, education, abortion, and immigration and stop trying to have things completely their own way or they attack the other side.

The left stops treating the right as if they are a bunch of uneducated hillbillies, the right stops treating the left as if they are a bunch of soy fed flower children, and both sides start finding middle ground on issues such as religion, taxes, education, abortion, and immigration and stop trying to have things completely their own way or they attack the other side.

You just touched litmus tests with many of those listed.

Reactions: NEO and AM64
In your opinion, were the protests last week more deadly, more expensive and more destructive than the protests that we saw in the months following George Floyd's death?

This is going to be an interesting answer if it happens. You'll probably need drugs to untwist your mind after reading that bit of luther logic.

I honestly think we need to stop treating politics as religion, and start treating people with respect. Too many people on both sides completely disregard opinions that aren’t the same as their own, and immediately resort to insults. This doesn’t nothing to bring us closer together.
I’ve had fun poking fun at people in this forum the latest few days, for one because it’s extremely easy to set some people off when it comes to politics. However, I know it doesn’t help things.
I also think the fact that we have everything at our fingertips (internet) has conditioned us to be lazy people who do less thinking on our own. We often jump to conclusions or believe one of the first things we see without doing much digging to form our own opinion. This makes it much easier for people to shape our opinions.
I think threads like this can be helpful if people will take it serious. We shall see.

Last edited:
hqdefault.jpg

I'm not convinced that even a world war would unite us because some of our lefties would see us as immoral fascists fighting their kind. We can't even agree on Islamic terrorists.

Baby oil match between Lauren Boebert and AOC.

Pay per view, federal government gets 15% of all bets that go in and 50% of ticket sales

Money goes to paying down the national debt.

I'd bet $500 on AOC complaining to the ref about "cat calls" while Boebert is coming off the top rope with an atomic elbow.

Line item votes, person who introduced line items name must be on it. The fools turn this into a full time job, make it one. That was never the intention.

Reactions: StarRaider and AM64
We can't even agree on who is an enemy.

With the past narrative on Russia, wonder if the vitriol is so bad with Putin that we go all out sanctions and Defcon...Nah..you wil get a Big Red button and the fools will say "hey we averted a nuclear war"

Reactions: AM64

VN Store

Back