What must be done to Unite the Country

I'm staunchly for fiscal responsibility and reducing the national debt, and I don't agree with any administration that doesn't push for a revenue surplus in good times to help reduce the debt so we can increase it strategically in bad times.

Politely accepting any tax as ok will never promote fiscal responsibility.

If you define taxes as government theft, yes, I'm perfectly fine with that. I'm not embarrassed to say it, but good try at shaming me.
Shaming a liberal is impossible. Your type loves to steal things you didn't earn.

And taxation is not only theft, it is slavery. Something you should be opposed to, but I guess not.

So will it be 'fair' for the government to eliminate the cap on FICA 'contributions', and then means test me out of my SSA 'entitlement' because I have 'don't need it'?

Reactions: AM64 and Y9 Vol
I am saying that you are perfectly willing to give a huge percentage of the population, that is perfectly capable of contributing, a FREE ride. I said NOTHING about your taxes.
No, I'm saying that I don't want to give tax breaks to the top 6% of earners in the US by increasing taxes on the bottom 94% of people. If you think that people everyone making less than $200,000 are getting a free ride and not contributing, I don't exactly understand what sort of society you expect to live in.

I'm staunchly for fiscal responsibility and reducing the national debt, and I don't agree with any administration that doesn't push for a revenue surplus in good times to help reduce the debt so we can increase it strategically in bad times.
LOL

No, I'm saying that I don't want to give tax breaks to the top 6% of earners in the US by increasing taxes on the bottom 94% of people. If you think that people everyone making less than $200,000 are getting a free ride and not contributing, I don't exactly understand what sort of society you expect to live in.

You are a sheep if you think this is correct.
The society we all should want to live in is one that everyone contributes. Not half the population living off 5%.

This is why no one takes you seriously. Ignorant Post
A significant amount of the population that doesn't pay federal income taxes are retirees who live off of Social Security income. People obviously already paid taxes to get Social Security--I guess you think we should tax that again?

Shaming a liberal is impossible. Your type loves to steal things you didn't earn.

And taxation is not only theft, it is slavery. Something you should be opposed to, but I guess not.

So will it be 'fair' for the government to eliminate the cap on FICA 'contributions', and then means test me out of my SSA 'entitlement' because I have 'don't need it'?
I'm sure you're super oppressed. Sorry that I hurt your feelings.

“Quantitative easing” is a fancy name given to printing money from thin air.
That's a pretty gross misunderstanding of how quantitative easing actually works, but I don't have time to write you an essay on the mechanics at the moment. Feel free to look it up, though. However, I do agree that it's effects can probably be as damaging as "printing money from thin air" if you do too much of it.

That's a pretty gross understanding of how quantitative easing actually works, but I don't have time to write you an essay on the mechanics at the moment. Feel free to look it up, though. However, I do agree that it's effects can probably be as damaging as "printing money from thin air" if you do too much of it.

$27.9 trillion in debt with no end in sight

Reactions: AM64
And when we reach the limits of that, then what happens?
Absolutely nothing good. That's why I'm not for spending a bunch of money that we don't have. It's fine to dip into credit if you keep your books balanced when the economy is swell, but we've been living it up for two decades racking up debt even when we could afford not to.

That's obviously subjective. When you're paying so much in taxes that you can't afford to live a comfortable life (commensurate to your level of income), that's obviously too much. It's much harder to live a decently comfortable life when your pay is low versus when your pay is high. Most people would rather have 75% of $10,000,000 rather than 95% of $40,000.
Yeah except you have things backwards.

We have either 10,000,000 or we have 40,000.

The government is then taking 2,500,000 or 2,000.

It's our money. If a thief was stealing this much I doubt you would offer up this type of argument or defense of the thief.

Absolutely nothing good. That's why I'm not for spending a bunch of money that we don't have. It's fine to dip into credit if you keep your books balanced when the economy is swell, but we've been living it up for two decades racking up debt even when we could afford not to.

2 decades? Hell we've been spending like drunk sailors since the 1930s.

Someone making $88,000 a year doesn't pay anywhere near 25% of their total income in federal income tax. That's not how the tax plan is structured.
I understand. I guess the point I'm trying to make is that whatever that effective rate ends up being for a person making $88k, it is still too high. The brackets are too closely spaced together near the bottom. Why does the 25% bracket start at $88,000? Why not $500,000 or even $1000000?

Reactions: AM64
Well, we realistically live in a society where a government needs money in order to function. There are obviously those of the opinion that we don't need a government to function or that we can have a government that functions without taxes, but I'm not of that opinion. Neglecting those differing opinions, someone has to pay taxes, and it makes sense to me that the people who have benefited the most from living in society should have the greatest tax burden. I completely respect if your opinion differs there, but those are my beliefs.
Or how about the middle ground that the government should be honest and actually operate on the budget they currently have?

I'm at work now (apparently slaving away making money so the government can take every penny of it), and the spreadsheet showing the calculations is on my home computer. I'm perfectly happy to post the analysis after I get home (likely tomorrow, as I have plans tonight). It's good to be skeptical and ask for data--I would do the same in your position, and it's a healthy mindset to have in general.
You need to show how it assuming the first $30,000 is taxed at 0%.

VN Store

Back