What Other Message Boards Are Saying (NC State Post Game Edition)

Mumme didn't understand fourth down. Going for it ALL the time is poor strategy. His teams put up lots of points and lost lots of games. You want the 'threat' of going on forth down, but if you go all the time then it becomes SOP. Defense then can game for that.
Doesn't matter if he understood 4th down or not. Point being, all of these offenses have roots going back to Mumme. He started it in a Texas HS to get guys interested in playing.

More like this offense has a family tree back to the run and shoot. The shovel pass has a lot of Leach/Mumme feel, but that’s about it. I haven’t seen us run mesh since Heupel’s first year against Florida, but maybe we have, my memory isn’t what it used to be. It’s not very air raidy at all. Air raid dink and dunks you to death, this offense is all about running the ball and pushing the ball vertically. No problem with you I just hate this take, saying the veer and shoot is like the air raid is just a lazy take
And all of these other similar offenses were born of the Hal Mumme offense and variants of it that he created.

You've lost me. Which Tigers are red from 2 years ago. We cleared out DV in the 3rd but that was purple, and cleared out the Orange Bowl on the OR Tigers, and obliterated the black/gold Tigers that year, but that was at home. Please explain
Heupel cleared out that stadium in the 3rd qtr like he did Tiger Stadium 2 years ago.

I sat in the upper deck and halfway through the 3rd quarter, it was a red avalanche down the aisle to the exits. That's when the Vol party really kicked in.

The original post, as well as my own, was referring to clearing out Panthers Stadium in Charlotte like DV 2 years prior. Thus the RED avalanche of NC State fans.

I sat in the upper deck and halfway through the 3rd quarter, it was a red avalanche down the aisle to the exits. That's when the Vol party really kicked in.

The original post, as well as my own, was referring to clearing out Panthers Stadium in Charlotte like DV 2 years prior. Thus the RED avalanche of NC State fans.
Oh, makes sense.

Courtesy of Bustarime on Dirt Burglars:

What I hope to see is our Dline stuffing TN several times when they're trying to run on us. Hitting a literal brick wall and the runner bounces backward. They have not experienced this yet in their first 3 games. They will with us, hopefully. Then, it is game on. If we knock down some passes or defend more than we give up, they could start to panic. I see it happening.

On the TN offense, don't forget that their QB is exactly as raw as ours and their secondary is way less experienced than ours. Mostly freshmen. The do have the edge at OL. They also have a nasty LB that likes to crush people. Number 11. Looks half Samoan, maybe. Their team has a nasty streak, and I just about guarantee they will start some fights.

VN Store

Back