What Other Message Boards Are Saying (NC State Post Game Edition)

Did any of them NC State visitors ever make their way back here after Saturday? Pretty sure I saw a few who said they would be back win or lose.

Did any of them NC State visitors ever make their way back here after Saturday? Pretty sure I saw a few who said they would be back win or lose.
I doubt I would have came back either. That was a major step back for their program, and a black eye for the ACC along with what happened to Clemson and what’s happening at FSU.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
All variations of this offense have a family tree back to Hal Mumme.
More like this offense has a family tree back to the run and shoot. The shovel pass has a lot of Leach/Mumme feel, but that’s about it. I haven’t seen us run mesh since Heupel’s first year against Florida, but maybe we have, my memory isn’t what it used to be. It’s not very air raidy at all. Air raid dink and dunks you to death, this offense is all about running the ball and pushing the ball vertically. No problem with you I just hate this take, saying the veer and shoot is like the air raid is just a lazy take

More like this offense has a family tree back to the run and shoot. The shovel pass has a lot of Leach/Mumme feel, but that’s about it. I haven’t seen us run mesh since Heupel’s first year against Florida, but maybe we have, my memory isn’t what it used to be. It’s not very air raidy at all. Air raid dink and dunks you to death, this offense is all about running the ball and pushing the ball vertically. No problem with you I just hate this take, saying the veer and shoot is like the air raid is just a lazy take
If anything it is very old school at its roots- ground and pound to pull everyone in then drop bombs.

All variations of this offense have a family tree back to Hal Mumme.
Mumme didn't understand fourth down. Going for it ALL the time is poor strategy. His teams put up lots of points and lost lots of games. You want the 'threat' of going on forth down, but if you go all the time then it becomes SOP. Defense then can game for that.

Baker Mayfield dragged that OU team across the finish line in that one.
I was at that game and OU started their comeback after Curt Maggitt went down. We had Barnette on one side and Maggitt on the other and they kept Mayfield from getting on the corners outside the pocket and making plays. Maggitt gets injured just before the half and Mayfield just kept rolling out that way to his right, our defensive left and making and extending plays. If you go back and look at the second half he just killed us by breaking contain on the right side and running or passing in a broken play situation every time OU needed a 3rd down conversion. Probably Butch's best team. several stars but not enough depth. Maggitt doesn't get hurt we win easily.

It sounds like this board 5 years ago. Makes you appreciate what we have and how far we've come.
This cannot be better said. People need to understand 9-3 or 12-0 this team is in a different place and this program is going somewhere. This is a rebuilding year and look at where we are. Look at the roster and what we have leaving vs what we have coming in. Next years team should be much better.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
This cannot be better said. People need to understand 9-3 or 12-0 this team is in a different place and this program is going somewhere. This is a rebuilding year and look at where we are. Look at the roster and what we have leaving vs what we have coming in. Next years team should be much better.
We say we’re in a rebuilding year every year. Other than the young QB this is not a rebuilding year in my eyes.

Reactions: Vol in Buckeye Land
We say we’re in a rebuilding year every year. Other than the young QB this is not a rebuilding year in my eyes.
Not sure who 'WE' is....I think this is a rebuilding year because.. well, anyone with sense is not expecting a freshman QB to lead us to the promised land year 1. We lost a lot of continuity on Offense fro the past few years. This year we only really lose interior Dline and that's big, but its easier to replace Dlinemen than almost any other position. If you are looking at what a position group requires there are certain positions where talent trumps almost all and others where you haveot have a lot of skill. funny enough the skill positions for the most part are more about physical talent than any positions outside of the front 7. Front 7 & and RB are the pure physical talent positions on the football team.

You can have a QB a WR a CB even an onlineman or DB that lacks physical tools for the position and still succeeds. It actually true to some extent at all positions BUT. Name a DT, Edge rusher, Running back, DE that was dominant and was not some level of physical specimen? Imagine a defensive lineman contributing positively on a football team without an ACL. This year is about getting Nico in his groove and developing our young depth. Yes we wanna win on the way but our best chance to be dominant is in the next 1-2 years bet case we have Nico for that long and the QB's we have coming in behind him can keep that cycle going. We lose pretty much all of our defensive tackles this year. But there should be ) worry because we are recruiting ok there and trust me if we have spots in the portal they will come to play for Garner.

VN Store

Back