What other message boards are saying (Oklahoma Pre Game Edition)

It’s always “classless” when it’s any other team but your own.
I actually disagree. Like someone else said, I've never batted an eye when Ohio State or Alabama drops 70 on someone. The fact they are calling it classless tells me they are afraid.

(Plus we scored 6 points in the second half)

Difference is Kiffin leave his starters in and stat pads a lot longer than he needs to. We had ours pulled halfway through the second quarter lmao. If a team can’t stop the backups, that’s on them. Backups deserve to play, Josh honestly took it way too easy on them in the second half imo
Huepel’s didn’t just take his foot off the gas, he turned the thing off and it still coasted well lol

But yeah, as much as people want to bitch about the onside kick, we really went as easy as we could in the second half. You can’t forget it wasn’t our idea to play the full 60mins, they decided not to accept the mercy rule

Doing an inside kick in a game like this is exactly when you want to do it. Live practice before you have to do it in big situations.
Not only that but it helps Kent State in that they have film of them setting up in an absolutely asinine formation. It probably wasn't huepel that called that onside anyway. It was probably the kicker himself.

Not only that but it helps Kent State in that they have film of them setting up in an absolutely asinine formation. It probably wasn't huepel that called that onside anyway. It was probably the kicker himself.
I suspect they’re trained to look for that formation and free to switch to the onside kick if they see it.

-Running an onside kick when up 30-0? And he had the gall to whine about the refs last year after being the biggest beneficiary of sec reffing the year before with Jason Autry’s crew? I’ll cheer on anybody that can mug this team. Heupel is a douche.

-As much as I love OU, I just don’t see us winning… I think def will play well but just run out of juice in 3rd/4th. Offense is just not where it needs to be. I’m thinking it’s close ..3-7 pt game going into the 4th.. then we give up a couple of scores.

-I think Tennessee is a top 6 team, on par with Bama and Georgia. We lose this one.

-I hope we skull drag them. Heupel is an absolutely, classless dick running up that score tonight against probably the worst team in college football.

-The Vols probably didn't play starters the entire 1st half. Kent State didn't even provide scrimmage level competition. That means they will be rusty and we'll jump all over them.

-51-10 Tennessee. We just don’t have the talent they do.

-Simple. One doesn’t perform an onside kick when up 30-0 on a clearly overmatched opponent. If they get you into a fourth down, you kick and move on.
Everything one puts out there: good, bad or indifferent, it always comes back on you.

-Tennessee is ten times better than Tulane! Let’s water the field! This is the SEC!

-I’m was watching Tennessee and I’ve lost respect for Josh. Up by 30 in the first quarter & kick an onside kick and recover it. Then, keep your starters in up 37-0 in the second & score a touchdown on 4th and 1 from way out.

-Unfortunately, I think Tenn wins by multiple TDs and Josh will run up the score. Auburn looks winnable, though. 1-1 before the bye week would be ideal.

-I think Josh will definitely run up the score if he gets the opportunity. Our offense will have to stay on the field or else the defense will wear out.

-Curious why everybody thinks JH will run the score up? Hes still got love for OU and even talks to stoops from time to time. I think he will be on the short list of potential head coaches at OU in 2026.

-I think a lot of people are trying to downplay or right out ignore how good Tennessee actually is. Tennessee may damn well be the best team in the country. It’s like everything clicks. They will maul us up front next weekend and we will take a beat down.

-College Gameday just couldn’t pass up the chance to be here next Saturday. We will get beat on a national stage but rebound against Auburn.

-Tennessee unfortunately performs every facet of the game at an elite level, we’ll fight them for a while but they’ll run away it.

-I saw some of you calling Tennessee classless, but they remind me of Burrow’s LSU Natty team. They’re stone cold killers and they will embarrass whomever and prove that they will not be messed with. There is a swagger about that team that truly frightens me.

-I thought the Houston game was our low point, but then we got in a dog fight with Tulane. Tennessee rolls.

-If the offense can make as much progress in the coming week as they did against Tulane ... Given the Defense, OU has a chance to knock off Tenn.

-We’ve just got too many issues to hang with Tennessee with four quarters. They’ll make a deep playoff run.

-I’ve seen a lot of you trying to downplay Tennessee, don’t do it! They’re a damn good football team and potentially a National Champion this year.

Heupel and Vitello have chips on their shoulders and COACH TO DOMINATE.

Running up the score comments are stupid. Please stop using the term. We run our offense, it is their job to stop us. The third term guys work just as hard and should get live reps in a game like that.

Saying "when we do it, people call it classless" is basically saying our reserves don't deserve to play. Should we punt on first down, and then let them score? No we play the game, we run our system, they need to block the defense and stop of offense if they want the score to look better.

We paid them 18k per point. Nico's stats could be way better, but he did not play the second half in 2 of our 3 games.

Last edited:
I actually disagree. Like someone else said, I've never batted an eye when Ohio State or Alabama drops 70 on someone. The fact they are calling it classless tells me they are afraid.

(Plus we scored 6 points in the second half)
I don’t think you understood my post lol.

Thanks for taking the time to compile these each week. I always look forward to reading them and I was especially anxious to see this one. By the way, when Jackie Sherrill was coaching the Aggies and playing TCU, he ordered an onside kick late in the fourth quarter leading 53-0. He claimed the special teams needed some work in this area.

To be fair, I get mad at Kiffin for doing it at Ole Miss, becuase I think he is intentionally trying to stat padd for some of his players/offense. Specifically I think he wants his offense to outperform ours on paper.
Sampson could have had 200+ yards rushing last night if we wanted him to.

-I saw some of you calling Tennessee classless, but they remind me of Burrow’s LSU Natty team. They’re stone cold killers and they will embarrass whomever and prove that they will not be messed with. There is a swagger about that team that truly frightens me.
Probably the best summation of our team this year. It's good to be feared again.

-Curious why everybody thinks JH will run the score up? Hes still got love for OU and even talks to stoops from time to time. I think he will be on the short list of potential head coaches at OU in 2026.

😂😂😂😂😂
Heupel ain’t leavin.
Agreed. It appears that this one will be very personal for CJH. I just hope he can keep his composure and all of his emotions in check this week and throughout the game.

VN Store

Back