What other message boards are saying (Oklahoma Pre Game Edition)

I'm sorry, but I thought that CJH handled the score very well. Nico was out before halftime, and I'm not sure if any starters saw any playing time in the second half. I heard on the radio that we played every player that dressed out - at least in defense anyway. We played our 5th-string QB for crying out loud. What do they want the guy to do? And IMO the onside kick served double-duty. Running it for real BEFORE you need it in a game, and to make OU think about every time we kick off after a score.

I'm sorry, but I thought that CJH handled the score very well. Nico was out before halftime, and I'm not sure if any starters saw any playing time in the second half. I heard on the radio that we played every player that dressed out - at least in defense anyway. We played our 5th-string QB for crying out loud. What do they want the guy to do? And IMO the onside kick served double-duty. Running it for real BEFORE you need it in a game, and to make OU think about every time we kick off after a score.
Damned if you do, damned if you don't. The backups work their butts off every day in practice. I have zero problems with letting them run the offense vs running it up the gut 3 straight times to keep from scoring. We don't stop ourselves. That's the other teams job,

Some of them are really hung up on the onside kick when we were up by 30 points.

I have a real dislike for Oklahoma. The majority of their fans I ran into in 2015 were supreme d-bags, and their players were the epitome of classless after that game.

With that said, I hope we execute an onside kick against them when we're up by 30 points and keep taking shots at the end zone late in the ball game.

From OU board dirtburglars:

"I have a feeling BV has much more in store defensively. We’re already a damn good defense. Playing at home against a young QB that hasn’t faced a good defense before, and BV has familiarity with heupels offense and tendencies, is advantage OU."

If my memory serves me correct, Nico was 12/19 151 1TD 0INT and 15 for 27yds with 3TD against the #4 defense in the nation, IOWA. The final score was 35-0, in a game where UT was a 7 point favorite. These guys need to do their homework. At least the guy that started their thread said OU would lose by 20+. Go Vols!

"I have a feeling BV has much more in store defensively. We’re already a damn good defense. Playing at home against a young QB that hasn’t faced a good defense before, and BV has familiarity with heupels offense and tendencies, is advantage OU."

If my memory serves me correct, Nico was 12/19 151 1TD 0INT and 15 for 27yds with 3TD against the #4 defense in the nation, IOWA. The final score was 35-0, in a game where UT was a 7 point favorite. These guys need to do their homework. At least the guy that started their thread said OU would lose by 20+. Go Vols!
Yeah that don’t seem too educated. Iowa was a “good” ranked defense.

Also they dismiss our success playing against inferior teams while ignoring their struggles against inferior teams.

Our confidence comes as much from their struggles as it does from our own success. Its not make believe

It's been quite a while since Sooners have had a good defense. In fact, it's been porous most of the past 10 years. :cool:

Tap the brakes a bit. We look really good but we haven’t played anybody yet. NC State is downright awful
I hope you come back with the same post after the Oklahoma game and say Oklahoma is downright awful we still havent beat anyone yet, then rinse & repeat the rest of the year.
Kentucky board said USCe was downright awful when they eked out a win vs Old Dominion, UK got spanked.

VN Store

Back