What other message boards are saying (Oklahoma Pre Game Edition)

100% agree and I think we found the guy to do it yesterday which is Matthews. He’s been out with an injury, but every time he got the ball he did something with it. It’s a lot to put on a freshman, but that kid is good and will become a monster in a short time.
Oh he’s going to be good. Bru has kind of been that guy as well in the past but we haven’t seen that consistency yet. Hell I would argue our TEs have been far more consistent than our WRs yet. We’ve got a very talented WR room, I’d just like to see someone become the go to guy IE the Hyatt or Jennings of the WRs.

What will be your attitude if Tennessee beats OU by multiple tds?

I'm as confident as anyone, but I really hope that if this group is indeed the real deal this fan base doesn't turn into the same kind of arrogant trash talking idiots that we always rip for invading other team forums, like so many UGa and UK fans.

The Heup threw in his 2nd and 3rd string players for the majority of the game. If KSU can't stop the subs, not Tennessee's fault. As for the on side kick, I must admit that decision disgusted me. Even if raters and champ series people make scores part of their evaluation for including teams make the playoffs. I think that decision was just insulting and poor sportsmanship. I'll probably feel better this evening after eating 6 - 8 shredded chicken tacos and downing two bottles of Goose Island Bourbon County Stout.

Last edited:
I'm as confident as anyone, but I really hope that if this group is indeed the real deal this fan base doesn't turn into the same kind of arrogant trash talking idiots that we always rip for invading other team forums, like so many UGa and UK fans.
Success brings new fans, new fans bring idiocy. It’s the circle of life, Simba.

Reactions: MackDaddyVol
Im just waiting for that line to come out -3.5 or close to it. I'm all over that. We win by double digits

Sadly, just checked Fanduel and its -7.5. I was about to get serious money in if less than a TD. Even so, I think it will be 14+. I just dont think OU has the horses to stop our multipronged offense and our D is going to wreak havoc on their OL.

Reactions: PA Vol and Tman44
😂 nah. I think we win but this isn’t going to be a blow out. OU will be able to stay on the field a bit and burn clock imo. Beating them at all will be impressive even if they’ve looked mediocre to this point

What makes you think their offense is gonna be able to sustain drives against our defense?

Oklahoma has struggled offensively against lower level competition this year.

What makes you think their offense is gonna be able to sustain drives against our defense?

Oklahoma has struggled offensively against lower level competition this year.
I don’t think they can long term but they can probably do a better job staying on the field than anyone has to this point. We’ll see a lot of dink and dunk BS and screams to slow down the dline a bit, QB has some wheels as well and can extend drives. They’ll do their best to cover their weaknesses on Oline, won’t work over the long haul IMO.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
-I saw some of you calling Tennessee classless, but they remind me of Burrow’s LSU Natty team. They’re stone cold killers and they will embarrass whomever and prove that they will not be messed with. There is a swagger about that team that truly frightens me.
This. This is what I see different in this team and in CJH this season. The dude is zeroed in. He is on a mission to destroy every opponent he faces.

If we win by 10 in Norman that’s a damn impressive win. OU may not be that good currently but they’re not going to roll over especially in their first SEC game. We have the talent to beat them handily but we’re going to need everyone to do their parts. I’m still not blown away by our WRs; all the talent in the world but we need consistency from all those guys. Need a guy you can call on for a third down conversion and know he’s going to get it. It hasn’t mattered to this point but in upcoming games or if we get into the playoffs we’re going to need that guy.
Bru...... Squirrel are both proven. So I disagree there. However our OL needs to continue to grow in technique. We have had a few breakdowns and want to see more consistency there. I also think Mike is going to be a real player soon...

My only concern is we haven't had the starters play a full game yet. They haven't had to battle for a full 4 quarters. OU has played some close games and have experience in tight finishes. The good news is I think that trend continues and CJH has backups in, finishing up a dominant victory.

Reactions: Kev70
I don’t think they can long term but they can probably do a better job staying on the field than anyone has to this point. We’ll see a lot of dink and dunk BS and screams to slow down the dline a bit, QB has some wheels as well and can extend drives. They’ll do their best to cover their weaknesses on Oline, won’t work over the long haul IMO.
Indeed, those screams will definitely be a factor in slowing down our dline (for a bit).

If we didn't score 71 they would be mocking us for only scoring 50 and saying we sputtered to a win. Playoff committee will take margin of victory into account so blame them
They beat Mizzou 77-0

Missouri Sees Enough 77-0

"I know of nothing we could have done to stop it," said OU coach Barry Switzer, whose Sooners have outscored their first five Big Eight opponents, 254-13. "Our offense played extremely well, and we made no turnovers. Talent, speed and depth on offense created that score."

Jeez. I'm sick of this pile of shytee. We were playing the 4th string QB last night, and cleared the bench. Kent had the opportunity to take a running clock in the second and declined (big kudos for that courage).

We could have spent the entire second half using the victory formation on 3rd down, and these putzes would still call Heup classless. KMA.

Oh, and I hate georgia.

That is all.

VN Store

Back