What other message boards are saying (UTC Mocs Post Game Edition)

As a Tennessee fan that went to both UTK and UTC… I honestly couldn’t care much less about UTC sports. It’s cool when they make the tournament and stuff but I don’t watch any of thier games. Much less throw myself a pity party bc UTC isn’t in the same stratosphere as UTK, like the posters in the original post of the thread.

It was really funny when UTC almost beat Kentucky in FB a few years ago tho.
Same went to utc all 4 years never saw a game never wanted to or even thought about a single utc sport

Reactions: TnScooby
I am laughing at the hillbilly hell comment. I live in Chattanooga and it is totally a screwed up and violent town, and it gets worse every damn year, and I’ve been stuck in this **** show since 93.

So yes, I think I have a large enough sample size to have a valid opinion.

I’d move back to Knoxville in a heartbeat.
I'd agree the inner city is as bad as Detroit or Memphis I got nearly robbed 20 times and they found success twice lol. Superpredators: the city

I chose to go to UTC over UTK because it was comfy and beautiful, like the older days of knoxville. Campus didnt look like a giant fededal prison and was easier to go about things. Armpits must smell like roses.
I went down to (what's left of) the Strip this weekend for the first time in a number of years. It's starting to feel like Manhattan, and I don't mean Kansas.

I went down to (what's left of) the Strip this weekend for the first time in a number of years. It's starting to feel like Manhattan, and I don't mean Kansas.
Oh man. I went down to the strip for the first time since they re-did Cumberland. It almost brought a tear to my eye to see that all character of the strip is gone now. Now just big chains everywhere. Not even a 24/7 Krystal for all the inebriated students leaving the now gone dive bars. Where do students go now for things like 25 cent green beers on St. Paddys day, or after a big Vol win? The Strip was great. Now, it's gone.

Instead of cleaning it up, the
City made it residential. What does it say about the university that they will build a bunch of new bars and a new hotel on campus, but their students have to live on the strip (because the dorms are like jail cells).

Instead of cleaning it up, the
City made it residential. What does it say about the university that they will build a bunch of new bars and a new hotel on campus, but their students have to live on the strip (because the dorms are like jail cells).
Interesting comment about the dorm rooms. They have never felt like a 4* hotel room, but we always built bunks and had plenty of room. Not sure how they feel like jail cells though.

But The Copper Cellar is gone, no Stefano's... And I know they have been gone for years, but no Last Lap. I'm guessing it will all be high rises in another 10 years.

Interesting comment about the dorm rooms. They have never felt like a 4* hotel room, but we always built bunks and had plenty of room. Not sure how they feel like jail cells though.

But The Copper Cellar is gone, no Stefano's... And I know they have been gone for years, but no Last Lap. I'm guessing it will all be high rises in another 10 years.

Tiny shared space made up of concrete block with concrete floors. Windows narrow enough that one had to lean against the wall to look left or right outside the building. No sound insulation so that you could hear the condensations from the rooms next door. Not to mention no common space outside of the sleeping quarters.

Idk. Doesn’t feel like something a free man should have to endure when it costs more than a mortgage to attend the school.

Of course I’m exaggerating to make a point. I wish the strip could be an area for fun still. The university should modernize the dorms over building a hotel.

Reactions: Smallvol#1
giphy.gif

Two of my favorite places on the strip. Had a lot of Vol burgers and sirloin steaks at Cumberland Grill.

Used to like to try to get to Stefano’s for lunch once a week. I used to read the student newspaper in there while having some slices.

It’s kinda sad to see what is happening to the strip. It does look better but it’s lost all of its character. No wonder market square is booming.

Oh man. I went down to the strip for the first time since they re-did Cumberland. It almost brought a tear to my eye to see that all character of the strip is gone now. Now just big chains everywhere. Not even a 24/7 Krystal for all the inebriated students leaving the now gone dive bars. Where do students go now for things like 25 cent green beers on St. Paddys day, or after a big Vol win? The Strip was great. Now, it's gone.

About the only thing left is Gus's.

Reactions: UT_Dutchman
but their students have to live on the strip (because the dorms are like jail cells).
With a student at UT, I disagree completely. When we moved him in, I told my wife that we never lived anywhere so nice until we were married. The new dorms at Tennessee are nothing like those from 20+ years ago. My son had his own bathroom and shower, a living room/ small kitchen, community pool table and big screen room, nice washer/dryers on his floor, a great buffet restaurant, snack bar, etc.

Obviously, tuition+room and board weren't $29k back when I was in school, though.

With a student at UT, I disagree completely. When we moved him in, I told my wife that we never lived anywhere so nice until we were married. The new dorms at Tennessee are nothing like those from 20+ years ago. My son had his own bathroom and shower, a living room/ small kitchen, community pool table and big screen room, nice washer/dryers on his floor, a great buffet restaurant, snack bar, etc.

Obviously, tuition+room and board weren't $29k back when I was in school, though.

As far as I can tell, Reese and Clement are still standing and that’s where I lived when I was in school. They could have knocked out all the interior walls, but the outside still looks the same as it did a long time ago. Were you able to tour more than one place?

I’m glad that your kid landed in one of the nice buildings.

I don't know where that fool lives to not realize Chattanooga has just as many hillbillies, if not more . Maybe lives up in Big Ridge or East Brainerd and never ventures north of the dam very much. That's a head scratching statement.
I'm a HillBilly from Sequatchie County which borders Hamilton Co ! There are plenty of HB's in Hamilton Co as well.
:cool:

-The team was trying, we were just very outmatched at every position on the field.

-On the bright side, we scored as much as #14 Clemson did against Georgia.

-We got yard stomped.

-Tennessee may very well be a playoff team, they’re going to drill NC State next weekend.

-Too bad there is not a score rule like the run rule in softball, then we could’ve went home earlier. No doubt Tennessee is really good but we look like we had not practiced. We cannot tackle, we cannot block, embarrassing.

-Heupel is trash for calling a timeout up by 45 trying to get the ball back.

-Tennessee really sent the house after that punt when they were up big, BUSH LEAGUE BS!

-Tennessee ran the score up for the polls.

-I know the paycheck is nice and all but we don't need to be playing semi-pro teams anymore.

-Over 700 yards given up on defense is pathetic. I thought this was supposed to be Rusty’s best team.

-Embarrassing showing against a middle of the pack SEC team.

-Sitting in traffic, Can’t wait to get out of this Hillbilly Hell.

-Damnit, is Tennessee really this good or are we really this bad?

-This loss will sting even more when Tennessee finishes 8-4 or 7-5.
One of the things I like about Heupel is that he doesn't miss opportunities in games like this. Yeah, some are concerned about "sportsmanship"... but it was important to see if the punt return team could block a punt. I'm not even sure they "sent the house".

He also lets his back ups run the O and D that the 1st team runs. If they're needed later... and some of them will be... they'll have confidence. Much better than the back ups simply meaning you'll run the clock to zero then hand it off for a 2 yd run.

UTC will recover and be a good FCS team. UT had this kind of game vs Mizzou a couple of years ago... and LSU.

VN Store

Back