What other message boards are saying (UTC Mocs)

Everybody is predicting that Nico will put up gaudy passing numbers. His total yards through the air may fall short of 200. The Vols are going to run on the Mocs. When the score gets lopsided, another QB could get game time.
I agree. The coaches want to see Nico (and everyone else) execute the offense at full speed with no errors…it’s a training drill. Points will take care of themselves. Running is a huge part of our game so I’m sure the coaches want to see the OL and WR run blocking more than Nico running up stats on an over matched opponent. And unless we just come out flat, we should see a lot of reserves playing.

Well folks, I thought snake because schools want their mascots to be badazz. The mockingbird is about as badazz a songbird as there is. So, good on ya, Chattanooga!

Keep in mind the decision made by the students of UC Santa Cruz, now known as the Banana Rain Slugs. Comparatively, Goldie the gopher seems downright fierce.

Edited to correct Clara to Cruz

Last edited:
Where's that damn bird at.....
101714_20160924_FB_Florida_312.jpg

I thought it was reference to Moccasin Bend there in Chattanooga. I used to live there and went to high school at Tyner and Ooltewah back in the 70's.
I have lived in Moccasin Bend for over a year. First time I was 12. Been back 8x since. I can assure you that Moccassins is referring to the snake and the name is inspired by the geological formation of Moccassin Bend. The Tennessee River curves into a bend that when seen from Lookout directly up above Moccassin Bend, the resemblance to a snake is apparent. Early Asiatic Settlers saw this and associated the shape with a Water Moccassin. Or more likely they just called the feature "Snake Bend" and then whenever the Later European Settlers arrived in Tennessee. They were too busy killing,raping,pillaging, and worshipping Satan to get information from the Earlier Asiatic Settlers and the translation is likely not the same way as the Early Asiatic Settlers would have phrased it. In any case, there are....I mean there were.....hundreds of different languages spoken by the Early Asiatics. I myself believe that Europeans or Atlanteans had settled here and they are now called the Clovis Culture. The projectile points made by the Clovis were identical to the European points. Fluted. Lateral flaking and very detailed and refined craftsmanship of a very advanced civilization that has passed down techniques for millenia. However around 10,500 B.C.E there was an impact of an asteroid or comet in the Pacific which resulted in Giga-Tsunamis which destroyed Puma Punku and killed countless people. The fact that Clovis artifacts are found in dirt below the Iridium layer which marks the event in the geological record but NONE afterwards is fascinating. But the fact is that the folks who have been controlling the world have been purposely obscuring history and making ******** up to cause division among racial, ethnic, nationality,and religious lines. Anyone who has not yet seen Candace Owens or Billy Carson, do yourselves a favor and dig on them. Likewise if you have never listened to the Stanley Brothers, Jimmy Martin,or Johnny Horton.......Im very sorry. Complete your life and do so straightways. Go Vols.

Not any longer. UTC changed to Mockingbirds from Moccasins (reference to native Americans wasn't 'politically correct'). Wife graduated from UTC but she's all-VOL. :cool:
I always thought “Moccasins” referred to the poisonous snake 🤷‍♂️

Never thought it to be the Indian shoe.

But “Mockingbirds” is ridiculous. Surely they can come up with something better than that.

VN Store

Back