What other message boards are saying (UTC Mocs)

I was at that game. Total ****show. If not the worst, it’s definitely tied with Wyoming. The team we had that year was ridiculous.
I was also. In school at Memphis
Still cant believe we lost to Memphis.
Happy for friends on the team who were from those Cleveland High state champions but destroyed internally because I had more UT gear than Memphis gear. I had to hear it all year.

Mine too. A little torn here. But, I look at the two as different sports actually. Would love to see 59-58 OT Vols win.😀
I’m a proud UTC alum and come from a long line of Chattanooga alums, but when it comes to football, I will always be in Orange. Now if it was in basketball, I would be decked out in blue and gold with my Tim Brooks signed jersey, but fortunately they don’t compete on near the same level in football so it’s not painful to root for the Orange.

I was also. In school at Memphis
Still cant believe we lost to Memphis.
Happy for friends on the team who were from those Cleveland High state champions but destroyed internally because I had more UT gear than Memphis gear. I had to hear it all year.
Help refresh my memory. Didn't that win buy Rip Schere an extension? That win ended up hurting them as mush as us if I remember correctly.

I've always had a soft spot for Memphis football. I watched many a $5 bleacher seat game and worked the concessions a lot in HS. I learned my proper hatred of Miss St's cowbell and Oxford's snobbery at the Liberty Bowl. UT loss meant a week of apathetic Tiger High casuals blabbering. I had no soft spot that week.

Reactions: NomadVol
Not any longer. UTC changed to Mockingbirds from Moccasins (reference to native Americans wasn't 'politically correct'). Wife graduated from UTC but she's all-VOL. :cool:
Actually, the team name is just Mocs. The mascots are a mockingbird and a train.

The UTC website offers the following definition, “In the simplest term, a Moc is a champion in the classroom, in competition and, most importantly, in life.”

Y’all have fun with this UT gold. I’m a professor at UTC BTW.

Actually, the team name is just Mocs. The mascots are a mockingbird and a train.

The UTC website offers the following definition, “In the simplest term, a Moc is a champion in the classroom, in competition and, most importantly, in life.”

oh no

But, but…I thought we were Champions of Life… 🥺

3 Worst Losses In Football History Were To

Georgia State under Pruitt.

Rutgers under Majors.

Wyoming under Fulmer.
“What’s a Rutgers” was hanging in the South endzone all game. I can’t recall but believe it was homecoming.
The loss to N. Texas State was horrific as well.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
3 Worst Losses In Football History Were To

Georgia State under Pruitt.

Rutgers under Majors.

Wyoming under Fulmer.
Worst losses in UT history were all to Vanderbilt...hence the hiring of one Robert R. Neyland in 1926 to do one thing...beat Vandy.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Yeah, but wasn't Vanderbilt a somewhat respectable football program 100 years ago?

Not from a message board but way too good to not acknowledge.

Chattanooga coach references Tennessee's Jim Mora controversy from last season ahead of season-opener against Vols

Mocs head coach Rusty Wright joined 102.3's SportsTalk Chattanooga on Monday to preview the opener against the Vols and he referenced the Mora debacle from last season. "We can't get into a track meet with them," said Wright of the matchup against Tennessee. "There's no doubt about that. If that happens, we're going to be in for a long day. And they get into track meets pretty quick -- they have against a lot of people. I just hope whatever Jim Mora did, I don't do. Because they sure did piss them guys off up there before they played them."

To me one of the most painful losses was the 01 SEC championship game to LSU. Felt like it was the beginning of tough times.

This one is among the worst for me as well. I remember the apathetic way Fulmer waddled on the sidelines, clapped his hands, and watched Saban basically de-pant him in front of 100K people. He seemed detached, as did the team.

I felt after that game that bad times were eventually going to come our way. Good golly was I right.....sadly.

VN Store

Back