What other message boards are saying (UTC Mocs)

Well folks, I thought snake because schools want their mascots to be badazz. The mockingbird is about as badazz a songbird as there is. So, good on ya, Chattanooga!

Keep in mind the decision made by the students of UC Santa Clara, known as the Banana Rain Slugs. Comparatively, Goldie the gopher seems downright fierce.
Santa Clara is the Broncos, Santa Cruz is the Banana Slugs. Amost as good as Evergreen gooey ducks.

Last edited:
Everybody is predicting that Nico will put up gaudy passing numbers. His total yards through the air may fall short of 200. The Vols are going to run on the Mocs. When the score gets lopsided, another QB could get game time.
Hopefully, everybody in that RB room will get live reps and plenty of them. Would suit me fine to see Shuler back there handing it off.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
I have lived in Moccasin Bend for over a year. First time I was 12. Been back 8x since. I can assure you that Moccassins is referring to the snake and the name is inspired by the geological formation of Moccassin Bend. The Tennessee River curves into a bend that when seen from Lookout directly up above Moccassin Bend, the resemblance to a snake is apparent. Early Asiatic Settlers saw this and associated the shape with a Water Moccassin. Or more likely they just called the feature "Snake Bend" and then whenever the Later European Settlers arrived in Tennessee. They were too busy killing,raping,pillaging, and worshipping Satan to get information from the Earlier Asiatic Settlers and the translation is likely not the same way as the Early Asiatic Settlers would have phrased it. In any case, there are....I mean there were.....hundreds of different languages spoken by the Early Asiatics. I myself believe that Europeans or Atlanteans had settled here and they are now called the Clovis Culture. The projectile points made by the Clovis were identical to the European points. Fluted. Lateral flaking and very detailed and refined craftsmanship of a very advanced civilization that has passed down techniques for millenia. However around 10,500 B.C.E there was an impact of an asteroid or comet in the Pacific which resulted in Giga-Tsunamis which destroyed Puma Punku and killed countless people. The fact that Clovis artifacts are found in dirt below the Iridium layer which marks the event in the geological record but NONE afterwards is fascinating. But the fact is that the folks who have been controlling the world have been purposely obscuring history and making ******** up to cause division among racial, ethnic, nationality,and religious lines. Anyone who has not yet seen Candace Owens or Billy Carson, do yourselves a favor and dig on them. Likewise if you have never listened to the Stanley Brothers, Jimmy Martin,or Johnny Horton.......Im very sorry. Complete your life and do so straightways. Go Vols.
You live in Moccasin Bend? Growing up in Red Bank, there was only a mental treatment facility at that locale…being diplomatic with the term.

Not any longer. UTC changed to Mockingbirds from Moccasins (reference to native Americans wasn't 'politically correct'). Wife graduated from UTC but she's all-VOL. :cool:
That forever seals their fate. How do you recruit tough guys to be a Mockingbird. Prob lots of rainbow hair under those helemts. Should have just cut their losses and gone with the Choo-Choo's.

I have lived in Moccasin Bend for over a year. First time I was 12. Been back 8x since. I can assure you that Moccassins is referring to the snake and the name is inspired by the geological formation of Moccassin Bend. The Tennessee River curves into a bend that when seen from Lookout directly up above Moccassin Bend, the resemblance to a snake is apparent. Early Asiatic Settlers saw this and associated the shape with a Water Moccassin. Or more likely they just called the feature "Snake Bend" and then whenever the Later European Settlers arrived in Tennessee. They were too busy killing,raping,pillaging, and worshipping Satan to get information from the Earlier Asiatic Settlers and the translation is likely not the same way as the Early Asiatic Settlers would have phrased it. In any case, there are....I mean there were.....hundreds of different languages spoken by the Early Asiatics. I myself believe that Europeans or Atlanteans had settled here and they are now called the Clovis Culture. The projectile points made by the Clovis were identical to the European points. Fluted. Lateral flaking and very detailed and refined craftsmanship of a very advanced civilization that has passed down techniques for millenia. However around 10,500 B.C.E there was an impact of an asteroid or comet in the Pacific which resulted in Giga-Tsunamis which destroyed Puma Punku and killed countless people. The fact that Clovis artifacts are found in dirt below the Iridium layer which marks the event in the geological record but NONE afterwards is fascinating. But the fact is that the folks who have been controlling the world have been purposely obscuring history and making ******** up to cause division among racial, ethnic, nationality,and religious lines. Anyone who has not yet seen Candace Owens or Billy Carson, do yourselves a favor and dig on them. Likewise if you have never listened to the Stanley Brothers, Jimmy Martin,or Johnny Horton.......Im very sorry. Complete your life and do so straightways. Go Vols.

Located on the banks of the Tennessee River just across from downtown Chattanooga, the Moccasin Bend National Archaeological District is easily accessible from I-24. Named by Native Americans for its distinctive boot shape when viewed from the bluff of Lookout Mountain, Moccasin Bend can trace its human history back 12,000 years. Added in 2003, the Bend is the newest unit of the Chickamauga and Chattanooga National Military Park.

Being from southeast Tennessee, I have known that "Mocs" was short for Moccasins as in what the indians wore. I personally liked the Redskins inspire UTC helmet but not the FSU imitated spear. UTC changed mascots and logos back in the 90's.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240826_104426_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240826_104426_Chrome.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 33
What @ Chattanooga?
In the Tsatanugi language (yeah, I'm part Cherokee), it has a dual reference. “Rock coming to a point” or “End of the mountain.” I can't remember, but think it has something to do with the Appalachian Mountains' southernmost point. Beyond that, The Chattanooga was a train serving the South and ran through scenic views of the same. I haven't been home for a while, but think it's still operational. Mainly as a tourist thing.

As for the Mocs game, let's avoid being snake bitten.

They were too busy killing,raping,pillaging, and worshipping Satan to get information from the Earlier Asiatic Settlers and the translation is likely not the same way as the Early Asiatic Settlers would have phrased it. But the fact is that the folks who have been controlling the world have been purposely obscuring history and making ******** up to cause division among racial, ethnic, nationality,and religious lines
Tell the Sanhedrin I said shalom rebbe! Doing G-d's work on the goyim I see! Keep them ashamed and demoralized for the next humiliation ritual! Keep lying about the Jacobite peoples! I see your plan to unite all people against Jacob the "satanist europeans" ! Hail Saturn! Hail Edom! Hail Amalek! Hail Cain!

Last edited:
Yeah we can tell you lived in Moccasin Bend.... LOL JK To be honest a bunch of us could probably use a visit there!!! My problem is that I'm a turd so I would just end up at the Wastewater Facility there!! lol
It does resemble a snake on aerial views!

Reactions: walkenvol
This is the type of conspiracy theory lunacy that makes even the biggest conspiracy pundits go o_O

If this one goes to plan, we score TD's on every first half possession, lead by 42. Nico gets one more possession in the 3rd, another TD, turns it over to the other QBs and 3rd teamers. Don't really care if we score anymore, just get the shut out 49-0. Then give them the big check and everyone on both sides gets out healthy and we move on the NC State, and they to GA. State.

Reactions: chuckiepoo

VN Store

Back