What other message boards (Tennessee’s remaining SEC opponents) are saying about Tennessee (bye week edition)

@DirtyDawg, I have to ask an honest question to a reasonable uga fan.

Did no one really think through naming a building Butts-Mehre? I get why those individuals were chosen, clearly, and it is an unfortunate combination of last names to be sure, but is it intended to be a (rather weak) joke, or were the committee members on that project just too clueless to recognize what they were doing?

If it were me, I would have selected two separate buildings and applied the gentlemen's name to them. But that's just me.
Is it pronounced “butt smear”?

Casey's wife graduated with my wife and at an event several years ago, I got to meet Iceman and once I stopped fangirling, the tone of the conversation was interesting. He didn't say anything directly but when talking about his playing days there was a hesitance in his voice.
He's become a very successful high school coach in LA. Turned one public school loser program around and last I heard was coaching at the school from where he graduated. Why someone somewhere hasn't pulled him into the college ranks I have no clue.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
You might know Kirby personally and may be a likable guy, but the way he acts, they way he talks, and just the way he carries himself doesn’t put him on my likable coaches list.

Am I wrong? Didn’t Charlie Ward play for FSU?

Stetson was nothing special, he was athletic (which helped him), but about any decent QB could have played with that loaded roster and looked like the best.

Yeah, I said Charlie Ward and was thinking about Herschel Walker. I have forgotten a lot more players than that.

What do you know about Kirby Smart that I don’t? He isn’t a loud mouth in his press conferences. He cares about his Alma mater. Did he cheat on his wife or go out of his way to get someone blackballed from college football? I haven’t heard.

You can say what you want about Stetson Bennett, but he’s the only QB to win back to back playoffs titles and Georgia didn’t have the most talented team. They just played like they had the best team against OSU and Alabama these years because their QB was the better decision maker out of those schools.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Yeah, I said Charlie Ward and was thinking about Herschel Walker. I have forgotten a lot more players than that.

What do you know about Kirby Smart that I don’t? He isn’t a loud mouth in his press conferences. He cares about his Alma mater. Did he cheat on his wife or go out of his way to get someone blackballed from college football? I haven’t heard.

You can say what you want about Stetson Bennett, but he’s the only QB to win back to back playoffs titles and Georgia didn’t have the most talented team. They just played like they had the best team against OSU and Alabama these years because their QB was the better decision maker out of those schools.
Now Herschel makes much more sense.

As far as Kirby goes, it’s just really how smug he acts that makes me dislike him. Not sure I can give an other explanation. Just how he comes off and always has been.

Stetson did have a super talented team around him

As far as Kirby goes, it’s just really how smug he acts that makes me dislike him. Not sure I can give an other explanation. Just how he comes off and always has been.

If his teams weren't so good, he'd just have a punchable face like Napier and Beamer. How can you win back to back titles and not look smug?

Let’s go kick Kirby Smart in the nuts and see how he responds.

I am probably far removed from most for saying this, but Bennett and Georgia were average while running their offense (despite having superior talent). It was when he improvised that things happened. His uncanny ability to choose when to improvise is what made his team undefeated. He was like the best parts of a hybrid between Greg McElroy and Johnny Manziel.

Why am I bragging up Bennett in this way? Because I’m trying to convince everyone that Smart is not going to be able to win enough of the big games without him, because you can’t replicate a kid’s ability to make stuff happen when the plan isn’t working.

In short: Kirby Smart is to Stetson Bennett what Dabo Swinney was to Deshaun Watson. So many “great coaches” turn out to be the best QB at the right time.

Reactions: KINGSVOL
Let’s go kick Kirby Smart in the nuts and see how he responds.

I am probably far removed from most for saying this, but Bennett and Georgia were average while running their offense (despite having superior talent). It was when he improvised that things happened. His uncanny ability to choose when to improvise is what made his team undefeated. He was like the best parts of a hybrid between Greg McElroy and Johnny Manziel.

Why am I bragging up Bennett in this way? Because I’m trying to convince everyone that Smart is not going to be able to win enough of the big games without him, because you can’t replicate a kid’s ability to make stuff happen when the plan isn’t working.

In short: Kirby Smart is to Stetson Bennett what Dabo Swinney was to Deshaun Watson. So many “great coaches” turn out to be the best QB at the right time.
I can agree with most of that.

He went conservative to take all possibilities of OU winning that game out of the equation. Their only hope was to get to Nico and force him to turn it over. That was it. So he shut that possibility down. Played small ball and field position and punted it. Very smart and mature way to win a game. The late scores by OU was because our defense went into prevent to help run the clock out.
I hope you are right.

VN Store

Back