What was Austin Peay thinking?

Yeah I've stuck with it for a while now. Been thinking about changing it but I just can't do it!

She's special. Don't do it. At least for a while. I have to give up my Viking Redheaded Stepchild when we beat Florida this year. I'm getting sad.

This is what happened the last time Austin Peay came to Knoxville ...
391155_2782058192230_293823885_n.jpg

APSU also beat them in baseball last time they played UT. Even though I graduated from Austin Peay i have been a Vols fan my whole life and this would be pretty embarrassing if UT lost.

APSU also beat them in baseball last time they played UT. Even though I graduated from Austin Peay i have been a Vols fan my whole life and this would be pretty embarrassing if UT lost.

Football is a different animal. Will be a huge blowout win for the Vols

Reactions: 1 person
the Vandy band wagon??! never thought id hear that... times have changed for sure

:)

There's probably a few more vandy fans than we know about. They prefer to stay in the closet, like other things, due to embarrassment. Dont confuse that with "band wagon".

It won't happen. Like someone else said, football is a different animal and they will be out matched big time.

If you think for one nanosecond that there are more Vandy fans in this state than there are Vol fans, you are outside your damn mind. Hell, forget the state, Vol fans outnumber Vandy fans in their own CITY.

That's most likely because most Vandy fans are alumni and most alumni work all over the country. Most of the Vol fans in Nashville probably didn't go to either school.

Just saying...

Reactions: 1 person
Speaking as A season ticket holder, there's A lot more Vandy fans these days. The band wagon jumpers are everywhere! I expect the Dores and the Vols to put up huge numbers on austin Peay. I can't wait for the season to start.

I heard that Vandy was thinking of changing their colors to blue, same as MTSU and TSU. That way it would look like vandy fans are packing the stadium

Football is a different animal. Will be a huge blowout win for the Vols

This, so different I'm not even sure why you would bring up baseball. The game was a midweek game and even some of the top teams in the nation lose midweek games to teams of the caliber of APSU.

That's most likely because most Vandy fans are alumni and most alumni work all over the country. Most of the Vol fans in Nashville probably didn't go to either school.

Just saying...

HAHAHA! I would say that you are kinda correct.

Most of Vandy's fans 5 years ago were alumni, now i would say the majority are ppl who dont like UT but live in TN (Nashville) and want to be different make up the majority. And they probably didnt attend vandy.

But that's private vs state school for ya. Of course not every UT fan went to UT, but it's THE state school, so everybody from the state can legitimately be a fan.

Austin Peay is doing "upgrades" to their stadium. They got to pay for it somehow. Lord knows they aren't getting it through ticket sales.

They play the Vols and Vandy back to back!

Austin Peay will be demolishing their current football stadium at the end of the seaason and building a new one. This will help payoff the cost.
APSU has never been relevant in football, but they are avery good basketball and baseball school. I am proud of my alumni players currently in MLB. Just an FYI they are:
AJ Ellis catcher Dodgers
Matt Reynolds (Knoxville native) pitcher Diamondbacks
Shawn Kelly pitcher Mariners and now on the Yankees
George Sherrill 9yr pitcher with Mariners

Actually, I've heard stories from the old folk that APSU was pretty decent in football at one point and time, but once they got out of scholarship football it's been a struggle getting the program going again. I believe they just got back into scholarship football in 2006 and have gone through 3 different coaches in that time frame.

Austin Peay will be demolishing their current football stadium at the end of the seaason and building a new one. This will help payoff the cost.
APSU has never been relevant in football, but they are avery good basketball and baseball school. I am proud of my alumni players currently in MLB. Just an FYI they are:
AJ Ellis catcher Dodgers
Matt Reynolds (Knoxville native) pitcher Diamondbacks
Shawn Kelly pitcher Mariners and now on the Yankees
George Sherrill 9yr pitcher with Mariners

My dad played baseball for APSU in the '60's. My uncle also does a lot with APSU with his bank in Clarksville.

With that said, I've taken the Vols -40 with my dad and uncle! If UT doesn't cover, I'll be ticked!

My dad played baseball for APSU in the '60's. My uncle also does a lot with APSU with his bank in Clarksville.

With that said, I've taken the Vols -40 with my dad and uncle! If UT doesn't cover, I'll be ticked!

I played there in the 80's (baseball) and I will be cheering for my vols as well!

Austin Peay may be the worst football team to play in Neyland Stadium in the last 50 years.

They were thinking if they had Donors like Haslam and Manning, they wouldn't need to schedule these revenue enhancement beatdowns.

VN Store

Back