What's everyone's obsession with Josh Dobbs?

Vol4life25

Riley Ferguson has offers from 5 top 25 schools.

Josh Dobbs has 0 offers from top 25 schools.

I'm not saying Riley is better then Dobbs or visa versa. I watched both game film and they both look equally impressive.

So what's the deal? What does Dobbs have that the other 3 QB don't?

Reactions: 4 people

I'm not saying Riley is better then Dobbs or visa versa. I watched both game film and they both look equally impressive.

He is another Brent Schafer but much smarter..... Me, personally, I prefer a pocket passer; rather than a scrambler. If you have a good offensive line, then there is no real need to scramble....

He isn't a "Scrambler"

Mobile enough to keep plays going, and keep the chains moving though...

Reactions: 9 people
Just because he is black doesn't mean he is a scrambler. Why can't people get that through their thick skull? He is a pocket passing QB, he is very smart, and he learned the playbook in a whole week!!!!

Reactions: 28 people
I agree I think Dobbs is a pocket passer, that just has wheels when needed on a 3rd and 4. But my reasoning for dobbs, is I just feel like hes more of a game changer than ferguson. But also hes very mature and lets be honest we need that. and hes a leader hes extremely smart and strong work ethic. could have the ability to read defenses and just the mental make up to encourage others when we are down. plus I watched a game or two and he made some keys plays in the clutch to come back and win the game for his team.

Reactions: 5 people
Josh plays better competition, he's smarter, he's more mobile than Riley and also seems more mature. CBJ wanted to take another QB for a reason rather it was because he thought Dobbs would be better fit or not. No one knows and will not know until they get here, it's all just what we think until we see different. I do not believe anyone is throwing Riley out, just simply saying the obvious that we know as of now.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Actually, look at their film again. Riley runs around way more than Dobbs. In HS, Riley's coaching staff seemed to have called rollouts almost every play while Dobbs mostly threw from the pocket. Both can run better than our current QB's. I think that Riley may have more trouble staying in the pocket and throwing because almost all his highlights have him on the move.

The next guy is always the best guy on VN.

Reactions: 4 people
Josh plays better competition, he's smarter, he's more mobile than Riley and also seems more mature. CBJ wanted to take another QB for a reason rather it was because he thought Dobbs would be better fit or not. No one knows and will not know until they get here, it's all just what we think until we see different. I do not believe anyone is throwing Riley out, just simply saying the obvious that we know as of now.

I'm curious as to how you know Dobbs is more mature than Ferguson.

Reactions: 2 people
I think the obsession is the same as every other year. We always have this idea that a true freshman will come in and save us.

With this logic, Peterman should never see the field.

Reactions: 1 person
Having Bama, Clemson, LSU and Michgan offers is pretty damn strong. We'll see how it plays out in the next few years.

VN Store

Back