What's everyone's obsession with Josh Dobbs?

Anybody that thinks a true freshman QB that is not an EE is going to win a starting job in fall camp of an SEC school not named Kentucky has rocks for brains. Don't buy into their hype. If it happens at UT, then you know for sure the progam has hit an all time low.

OP's point is well taken. Dobbs is not a zone read QB. He is a mobile pass first QB, just like Ferguson and Peterman. Less experience with the offense than Peterman and equal to Ferguson. Dobbs may have nuclear scientist intelligence, but that is not what is required of a QB.

i know of at least two programs that have done that in the last 10 years.

one school won the national title with that qb in his senior year.

the other school went to the sec championship game twice while he was the starting qb, including during that qb's freshman season.

there could be other schools

He is another Brent Schafer but much smarter..... Me, personally, I prefer a pocket passer; rather than a scrambler. If you have a good offensive line, then there is no real need to scramble....

I hope he can pass better than Brent Shaffer.

Anybody that thinks a true freshman QB that is not an EE is going to win a starting job in fall camp of an SEC school not named Kentucky has rocks for brains. Don't buy into their hype. If it happens at UT, then you know for sure the progam has hit an all time low.

OP's point is well taken. Dobbs is not a zone read QB. He is a mobile pass first QB, just like Ferguson and Peterman. Less experience with the offense than Peterman and equal to Ferguson. Dobbs may have nuclear scientist intelligence, but that is not what is required of a QB.

Does 04 ring a bell?

Just because he is black doesn't mean he is a scrambler. Why can't people get that through their thick skull? He is a pocket passing QB, he is very smart, and he learned the playbook in a whole week!!!!

Nobody brought up race until you did! You just assumed people were thinking racist thoughts. People like you are exactly the type of people who must feel guilty about really being a racist otherwise you would not bring this up until a racist comment was made. You took a play out of the Obama play book. Get a life and quit assuming everybody is a racist. I guess you are ASSUMING the white quarterbacks can't run as fast as Dobbs? Get it through your thick head white people can run fast!

If Dobbs is the best quarterback then I hope he starts. If he is not the best quarterback then he should sit on the bench. RACE HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH IT! I don't care what his race is.

Last edited:
his skin color is same as Michael Vick's so he's a great scrambler. fast and elusive.

His skin color is no where near what Vicks is. All Black people don't have the same skin tone or look alike. This whole thread is dumb.

People want Dobbs because out of all QBs we have he is the biggest, fastest, smartest and most highly ranked.

His skin color is no where near what Vicks is. All Black people don't have the same skin tone or look alike. This whole thread is dumb.

People want Dobbs because out of all QBs we have he is the biggest, fastest, smartest and most highly ranked.

I stand corrected

white-michael-vick.jpg

I'm curious as to how you know Dobbs is more mature than Ferguson.

I put "seems" just for you:eek:k:

I "think" he's more mature just by the way he talks and carries himself. Usually if you have a 4.0 in high school it takes maturity, along with smarts of course.:hi:

if you have the right talent and you coach it properly, you can win

the system doesn't matter.

i don't think i've seen alabama's qb leave the pocket in the saban era

Yeah...the one that did...got no playing time and transferred to UVA.

From what I gather from video and analasys of his play, he is kinda like a Ben Roethlisberger... In that he is mobile enough to elude people to keep the play going, but is a pass first qb... And hopefully he doesn't take as many hit and is accused of rape a lot less..

From what I gather from video and analasys of his play, he is kinda like a Ben Roethlisberger... In that he is mobile enough to elude people to keep the play going, but is a pass first qb... And hopefully he doesn't take as many hit and is accused of rape a lot less..

A LOT LESS!!!
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Just because he is black doesn't mean he is a scrambler. Why can't people get that through their thick skull? He is a pocket passing QB, he is very smart, and he learned the playbook in a whole week!!!!

Wrong! A black QB must be a scrambler and a Democrat. Anyone who says otherwise must be destroyed...:hi:

Reactions: 1 person
It was one of my favorite 30 for 30's when they first started airing.

It was a fascinating inside look at one of the icons of my post football consciousness youth...a shame what drinking before talking on camera can do to one's career
Posted via VolNation Mobile

VN Store

Back