When did we start saying "woo"?

Insunseri

This is kinda random, but Im watching some games from 97 and it sounds like only a few give it a "woo" while singing rocky top...it's much more faint than today.

Reactions: 1 person
This is kinda random, but Im watching some games from 97 and it sounds like only a few give it a "woo" while singing rocky top...it's much more faint than today.

Ive done the woo from game #1 back in the 90s....

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO:yahoo:

Reactions: 1 person
it came around some time in the late 90's. Some guys that were in the band then explained it before

NCAA sanctioned us for being too balls-out manly 'Merican, so they ordered us to sissy it up a bit.

I gotta admit, I don't really like the "woo". I can't really explain why, but I'm the same way with Rudolph the Red Nosed Raindeer. When people add the "like a light bulb/like monopoly/like george washington" trifecta to that song, I absolutely cringe...down to my very soul

Reactions: 7 people
worst thing from the 90's is definitely "smokey's on the prowl! arrrrrrraaarrrrrrrarrrrrr" that used to just torture us in the stands when they would play that over the speakers.

Reactions: 6 people
worst thing from the 90's is definitely "smokey's on the prowl! arrrrrrraaarrrrrrrarrrrrr" that used to just torture us in the stands when they would play that over the speakers.

I actually liked that. It got the crowd going, at least.

I thought it was "sic em Smokey... " and then Smokey bayed/howled.

I liked that. Anything that encourages an inebriated me to howl is good in my book.

I started UT in Fall of '97. Was in the Pride of the Southland, and learned about the "woo" the first time in our first game (against texas tech if my memory recalls), so it had to be around before then, but not so prominent that a fan who was a non band member would have known about.

Reactions: 2 people
I don't woo, but I also don't hate on those that do. Sometimes when not everyone in the stadium can here the band playing Rocky Top due to celebrating, you can still hear the first woo and that seems to get everyone synched up when singing it.

The "WOO" is the ghey...

There is no "WOO" in Rocky Top...

And any male who does it, or fights to do it...

Is just a small step away from "voicing Elmo"...

"Know what I mean, Vern??!!"

Reactions: 4 people

VN Store

Back