When does the narrative start?

I’m not sure what the rest of OU’s schedule looks like, but if that team was still in the Big 12, I would bet they’re a playoff team. Defense was damn good and they showed some life with a more mobile qb.

People say we haven't played anyone until we lose a game. Nature of the beast.

We clearly did it, but I was surprised that Heupel admitted post game that he let off the gas and made the decision to play ultra conservative offense in the whole second half. Trying to avoid injuries is all I can figure. We probably should wait until the 4th quarter to do it unless we're up by 35+

Reactions: deatojl
Because your narrative is tired and predictable.
Enjoy the win. Future games will take care of themselves. We took a significant step towards a playoff spot tonight.
The truth does hurt. No narrrative to be tired of just facts. Glad of the win especially on the road. And your right future games will. When we have to play at least more potent offenses. I just don’t wear your colored glasses. That’s all.

Reactions: #1fulmerite
Enjoy that we’re 4-0. With two very winnable games coming up before Bama.
I am. I Hope it’s 6-0 when the Gumps show up. The NC state was suppose to be the 1st test before this season. OU was supposed to be the 2nd test before their escape last week against Houston. They’ve passed both of them. Pretty easily.

The truth does hurt. No narrrative to be tired of just facts. Glad of the win especially on the road. And your right future games will. When we have to play at least more potent offenses. I just don’t wear your colored glasses. That’s all.
d06e987a-2507-4a22-9822-926e21d0c95d_text.gif

I am. I Hope it’s 6-0 when the Gumps show up. The NC state was suppose to be the 1st test before this season. OU was supposed to be the 2nd test before their escape last week against Houston. They’ve passed both of them. Pretty easily.
There you go. Our defense is nasty.

This was posted 37 minutes ago:

You’d think a Fulmerite would be thrilled with that victory lol

Because your narrative is tired and predictable.
Enjoy the win. Future games will take care of themselves. We took a significant step towards a playoff spot tonight.

I guess either Oklahoma was a top 10 team or, we are a top 15 team and not a top 10 (or 5)?

Good post.

Get used to people taking shots at us on schedule, luck, etc. That’s what happens as you become elite. Many people said the 98 team was lucky (and it was). As long as you win it does not matter what folks say.

I’m not sure what the rest of OU’s schedule looks like, but if that team was still in the Big 12, I would bet they’re a playoff team. Defense was damn good and they showed some life with a more mobile qb.
They have a rough schedule. Texas, Ole Miss, Mizzou, Bama and LSU are left. We won't have to guess if they were really any good or not, they've got a ton of chances to show it this season.

Reactions: BillyHoyleVol
That Oklahoma wasn’t any good?
FWIW, I said it before the game, but they’re a lot better than the other 3 teams we’ve played. It’s safe to now say that we’re quite good. Top 5? Maybe leaning towards probably but that’s about as confident as I am in any other team this early in the season either.

Reactions: walkenvol

We clearly did it, but I was surprised that Heupel admitted post game that he let off the gas and made the decision to play ultra conservative offense in the whole second half. Trying to avoid injuries is all I can figure. We probably should wait until the 4th quarter to do it unless we're up by 35+
I said it last week. Same tired thing.

If we win....."We beat them because they suck. Our defense dominated the 108th offense. Yay"

If we lose..."We suck"

in the second half he’s missing both starting O tackles. Makes sense to minimize risk to his qb when the game is in hand with his defense dominating. JMO

Reactions: posivol

VN Store

Back