When Florida tied the game with seconds left, what were you feeling?

When FL tied the game w seconds left, what did you honestly think the outcome of the game would be?

• UT would lose

• UT would win

• Other (OK gang, I put this here to be PC, so can't wait to hear some tittilating word salads here)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Seeing so many UF escape type victories over the Vols compiled in my cpu lo these many years I was certain they'd go for two, and get it using a trick play. Which is exactly what Napier had set up until they got their penalty and had to kick the extra point.

Nearly 7 out of 10 felt the hammer coming down. Am glad to be a part of the majority here and feel that if we were facing some of our usual foes like Vandy, KY, SC, Mizzou, etc., we would have been more optimistic. But, our foe was the dreaded Gators, and our memories are still working (which is good to know for us old folk on here).

1729023813106.png

Relief. I thought they were going for 2. I honestly can’t believe they didn’t . I think you have to go for 2 there if you’re Napier, just so you can say that you at least did it and tried to save your job.

I knew if they went for 2 they would have a trick play likely tight end play action and we lose. I had rowdy Gator frat kids behind me and when we won I flipped them off, several times throughout the game, and recorded their reactions when it became 4th & 1000 in overtime. It was all happy banter by the way I am also about their age. Not trying to act like a classless fan, I enjoy banter

Attachments

• 1000023442.jpg
    1000023442.jpg
    281.6 KB · Views: 12
  • 1000023444.jpg
    1000023444.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 9
Once they didn't go for two, I knew we would win. Praying they didn't try for two and the outright win, which to me was a terrible decision by Napier with the freshman QB and without his best back. One play for the whole deal on the road - should have been a no-brainer

I didn't vote and here's why:
When they scored the TD, I was leaning towards "holy crap they're going to go for 2 and win this stupid thing".
When they kicked the PAT I knew Tenn would win in OT.

I thought they'd go for 2 following the late TD, but when they didn't...my only thought at that point heading into overtime was that, given the way the game had gone up to that point, either team had equal odds on choking and losing.

My younger cousin was sitting in the seat next to me. He’s like a little brother to me. The stadium got quiet. I leaned over into his ear and told him, “you know, if we lose this game I’m going to have to kill you, right?”

I thought, typical TN. They tie it up, go for two, get it and break our hearts yet again. Of course had Heupel tried to actually live the ball with 4 mins left after getting the lead, we wouldn’t have had to sweat it. But no, he had to do what he always does in that situation, go into conservative wet fart mode.

I was just running the possibilities through my mind. I didn't think UT would give up the 2, but the thought was a little unsettling. I kinda thought UF would go for it and was relieved that they didn't.

Until there is a major turnaround on offense AND with the undisciplined play (stupid penalties and showing up after two weeks of prep and laying an egg), this team will continue to be regarded as a pretender. No other way of saying it. The Volunteers seem like a fraud at this point. That seeming big win at Oklahoma was largely erased by a garbage no-show against an Arkansas team that, until we laid down for them, seemed to be on the ropes. Want right the ship if you’re an opposing team? Just schedule Tennessee and we’ll help get you back on track.

All that said, the team can start putting things right with a win against the Bummers. I feel like they have it in them to get it done, just not a lot of confidence that they’ll actually do it. Tennessee under-performs most of the time. The 11-2 season in 2022 ended as an under achievement when so much more was possible (see the pathetic South Carolina no-show). The 2023 team was just mediocre. And this year looks a lot like last season so far.

I really hope we break this pattern.

I've seen many post proclaiming if they go for 2, they likely make it.

I think our TFLs, 3rd and 4th down stops in that game would have favored us had they gone for it.
I agree to a point. Ga Tech went for two in ‘17 & I never suspected Vols would stop them. Again, it’s Florida & they don’t actually have to score to win (see 2000 game).

I realized at that moment my BVS is cured. I never felt that sickening sense of dread that we've all experienced in so many past games. I realized I was confident in this team securing victory. As Ted Lasso says, "Believe!"

Reactions: McDad
Honestly, I was just glad they didn't go for two. I would have hated to lose that way.

My overall thought process is that I thought we would fare well in overtime. We did let up a TD, but I thought it was a singular good play and route by the UF receiver. Otherwise, I felt confident in our defense's ability to stop Lagway. And as it played out, I did think it was possible we could force them backwards.

On the other hand, I felt our offense does better in the redzone. The closer Dylan Sampson is near that endzone, the more unstoppable he is. Plus we had the energy of the fan's support in our favor.

So I liked our chances. I also didn't rule out the hope we could get in FG range before time expired. So I wasn't too dejected. Naybe had Graham Mertz stayed in the gane I would have felt different.

VN Store

Back