Who’s better, Milton or Milroe?

Milroe is the better runner and has a very strong arm, but his interceptions are killers.

Milton has a cannon as we all know, but is back to struggling with with consistency, yet he’s still not throwing to the other team.

For me, I’m picking Milton.
Doesn’t matter if receivers are dropping balls ;) Milton hasn’t played anyone really good in a long time. We will find out though. I think Milton is at least better than his receivers are making him look.

Doesn’t matter if receivers are dropping balls ;) Milton hasn’t played anyone really good in a long time. We will find out though. I think Milton is at least better than his receivers are making him look.

I think the receivers are better than Milton makes them look. He is extremely inaccurate and makes nothing easy.

Milroe is the better runner and has a very strong arm, but his interceptions are killers.

Milton has a cannon as we all know, but is back to struggling with with consistency, yet he’s still not throwing to the other team.

If the WR'S catch the ball it would make home look a lot better

The bright side of Milton’s cannon is that opposing DBs can’t catch his passes either.

Milton plays scared. He short arms bad throws when he’s under pressure. He’s afraid to get injured. He still launches missiles on short to intermediate throws. We saw it for a couple series against UVA and several times last night.

As a 6th year player, he needs to lose the fear and stop getting in his own head. Unfortunately, that’s not going to happen for him this late in his career.

So, to answer the question, I’d have to roll with Milroe. It’s too bad, because Milton has all the intangibles to be a great QB. At some point we’ll have to cut bait and start gearing for the future.

Currently Joe's 2-0 so I'll take Joe.
However Joe plays robotic/ stiff.
He's overthinking it. He needs to relax and let the game come to him.

Reactions: TennVols12
The entire team was flat as a pancake last night. Many of Joe's throws that were a little behind the receiver should have been caught, but, I wonder if the speed of Joe's throws require them to be perfectly placed to be caught. It might be harder to catch a cannon that's a little behind you than a softer thrown ball.

Reactions: Dadof2Vols
You’ll be calling for Gaston and LeFou after Nico throws his first interception next season.
Yep, Happens every Fall. Games start and then the dumb fan wants to add to the convo and his go to is the backup QB always the best player on the field.

Reactions: TennVols12
The entire team was flat as a pancake last night. Many of Joe's throws that were a little behind the receiver should have been caught, but, I wonder if the speed of Joe's throws require them to be perfectly placed to be caught. It might be harder to catch a cannon that's a little behind you than a softer thrown ball.
This might be a conversation that should have legs JM went 1 for 7, 1st Q with 6 drops that were not perfect but catchable. He may have a certain spin or speed on the ball that makes it harder to catch if it's not in your gut.
But I will say this Keyton, Bru & Thorton if they miss passes like they did in 1st Quarter of a pre=season NFL game next year they will be cut. It's as simple as that. NFL stands for Not For Long.

Yep, Happens every Fall. Games start and then the dumb fan wants to add to the convo and his go to is the backup QB always the best player on the field.
I will say…the backup QBs in the NFL have the best job on the planet..

They won’t make it in the NFL then

Five dropped balls last night we’re on the money. A couple of them could have blown the game open if caught. While I concede that we take a step back at the QB position from Hooker to Milton, when balls aren’t being caught I think Milton starts to press to make up for it which creates other problems.

Reactions: TheVolsFrog
True. And Milton can gash his own team with God awful inaccuracy. They both suck throwing but Milroe has homerun speed. I give the edge to Milroe.
I’m not saying by any stretch that Milton is a great qb but some of our fans either over exaggerate or are just plain ignorant of the game of football.

Reactions: Lankykong
I’m not saying by any stretch that Milton is a great qb but some of our fans either over exaggerate or are just plain ignorant of the game of football.
We'll when you're a 6th year senior and you struggle against AP it's to be expected.

I can't understand why the Coach dont try to get Milton to take some speed off his passes,he throws it way to hard!I admit I dont have much confidence in Milton until he shows great improvement in his accuracy!!

If you were at the game and saw the hype they’re putting out behind Milton during the game you’d believe like I do that Milton is the starter this year unless he’s injured.

Milroe is the better runner and deep pass thrower. Like Milton, Milroe struggles with the intermediate passes and Milton is better at the shorter passes. I don't trust either one.

This one is easy peasy. Milton is 2-0 and Milroe is 1-1. Always go with the winner.

VN Store

Back