Who in the world is going to start?!?

Ok genius. What has any other of our qb won at the collegiate level. Two of them ain't even PRACTICED at that level yet

BJ sounds like he is ready to go with a Fr at qb from the quotes he has given. I won't be surprised. Worley hasn't taken a leadership role nor proven anything on the field. Combine that with this being everyone's first year in the system. I don't think Worley starts or last more than a few games as starter. Worley has done absolutely zero for people to think he will start, let alone be good. The only thing he has done is been here longer.

BJ sounds like he is ready to go with a Fr at qb from the quotes he has given. I won't be surprised. Worley hasn't taken a leadership role nor proven anything on the field. Combine that with this being everyone's first year in the system. I don't think Worley starts or last more than a few games as starter. Worley has done absolutely zero for people to think he will start, let alone be good. The only thing he has done is been here longer.

Everything I read and heard from the players and CBJ at the SEC media days suggests that both Worley and Peterman were leaders during the Spring and Summer workouts.

Reactions: 1 person
Butch said he will put the players on the field that give Tennessee the best chance to win, regardless of class. :yes:

wasnt the lack of wins that hurt bray in the draft - was attitude and perception of work ethic

he also struggled throwing underneath routes and in the intermediate passing game

also his athleticism is far from ideal

1st part...100% agree.

2...huh?

3rd...from what I remember scouts thought his athleticism (arm strength, height, release) were a perfect fir for a pocket passer.

Just pointing out that the more athletic qb might not be the one who gives you the best chance to win.

I was listening to the EA show a couple of weeks ago (some of you may have heard too) but Ainge was saying from ppl he knows within the football complex are saying its definitely Worley's job to lose. And went on to say that Ferguson is looking a lot sharper then Dobbs & Peterman. TIFWIW

Reactions: 2 people
You obviously missed the CBS quote on him showing leadership yesterday. I'm wasting breath with you guys

Absolutely, really if he is going to start one of the 3 FR the first 2 games would be ideal to get them some confidence and time to get their feet wet and adjusted to college football with Oregon and Florida after that. Nothing from CBJ has led me to believe Worley has shown he can be the starter and get the job done. Really expect Dobbs, Peterman or Ferguson to start game 1 and beyond.

good point b/c clearly high school stats are the best indicator of college ability

this is also why the NFL just drafts guys that win games as opposed to guy's that have athleticism and size that would project well to the next level

So is that why Tim Tebow was drafted and Tyler Bray wasn't? Makes sense.

Absolutely, really if he is going to start one of the 3 FR the first 2 games would be ideal to get them some confidence and time to get their feet wet and adjusted to college football with Oregon and Florida after that. Nothing from CBJ has led me to believe Worley has shown he can be the starter and get the job done. Really expect Dobbs, Peterman or Ferguson to start game 1 and beyond.

Watching the college football show on css last night CBJ spoke as if Worley was clearly ahead of Peterman as of now.

It always amazes me when people say that they should start a freshman to get him some experience for the future. It seems to make the most sense to get the JR. who has more experience and some starts more playing time. Someone who has been in the program, strength and condition program, learning the college game for a couple of years. Someone who has just as much high school accolades as the freshman who just arrived a month ago.

Reactions: 4 people
1st part...100% agree.

2...huh?

3rd...from what I remember scouts thought his athleticism (arm strength, height, release) were a perfect fir for a pocket passer.

Just pointing out that the more athletic qb might not be the one who gives you the best chance to win.

His 2nd sentence should be referred to as he doesn't do intermediate check downs very well. This then goes back up to numer one where the work ethic come in. You have to know check downs against defensive schemes. By the time you hike the ball you better know your 1,2,3 option or throw it away, preferably not to the other team. Bray was horrible checking down and forced the issue with his very gifted arm. Bray was the best pocket passer in college last year from an intangible standpoint, but his mental aspect of the game cost him everything.

Reactions: 2 people
As I've posted before. Go back and check his high school stats and accolades. Last years vandy game had two interceptions that were completely on the receivers. If he were coming in this year with those high school stats y'all would be predicting ten wins. It's just the "new" has wore off so everybody's on to the next

He had F'ing CP to throw to in high school.

no i was simply implying his high school stats are meaningless considering 100s of kids across the country have great high school stats yet arent great college QB's

he is a decent talent but you also have to keep in mind the 2 in state schools didnt recruit him so it shouldnt be a shock if a FR comes in and beats him out of the job

He was recruited by FSU, UF, LSU, Notre Dame, and Stanford. In my opinion, those are better programs than Clemson or USCe.

It always amazes me when people say that they should start a freshman to get him some experience for the future. It seems to make the most sense to get the JR. who has more experience and some starts more playing time. Someone who has been in the program, strength and condition program, learning the college game for a couple of years. Someone who has just as much high school accolades as the freshman who just arrived a month ago.

Your logic will not be appreciated by the anti-Worley committee

I saw nothing out of Peterman at the spring game that looked hopeful.

Several times Peterman made a break for it and was stopped by the fingertips of a defender. If it wasn't touch football I don't think you would have that opinion.

no i was simply implying his high school stats are meaningless considering 100s of kids across the country have great high school stats yet arent great college QB's

he is a decent talent but you also have to keep in mind the 2 in state schools didnt recruit him so it shouldnt be a shock if a FR comes in and beats him out of the job

I agree with you on HS stats being meaningless when it comes to picking a starting QB in the SEC.

Surely you wouldn't pick your starting QB based on who besides yourself recruited him? Was Dobbs and Ferguson offered by every SEC team? How about Peterman? Thought we beat out Cincinati for him but some folks think he's the man. I don't know the answer but I thought Dobbs picked UT over Arizona ST? Not exactly like beating out Alabama or LSU for a recruit but he appears to have caught the favor of the message board without a body of work to review?

Since CBJ is new, Worley and Peterman have had a 6 month chance to show what they've got. Worley does have film from playing the last 2 seasons for review. The freshmen haven't had any chance to show their stuff yet.

By all appearances, CBJ appeared to have Worley receiving a higher percentage of the 1st team snaps in spring training vs Peterman. Worley was clocked throwing the fball just slightly slower than Bray last season so arm strength isn't an issue. I was very encouraged from what I saw of Worley last season but that is strictly an opinion that many others don't share.

I for one will be shocked if Worley doesn't start the season as the man and given liberal opportunities to be successful. I haven't seen any facts that point in any other direction but then I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn express last night either.

Reactions: 3 people

My coaches always said if an upperclassman and underclassman are close you play the younger player since you have him longer and he will probably end up better. Worley has not separated enough to be the starter. If its close at all you give to the younger player.

Worley has the same amount of time in this system as NP. He has spring practice and a couple of months on RF/JD and the same amount of games played as them in this system. Idk why people act like he has started and been successful in a bunch of games or knows the new system better than anyone else. Its new to them all.

Worley has not separated enough to be the starter.

Based on what? There is absolutely no way anyone can say there is enough data available to make this statement.

Bray was the man when Worley arrived on campus. Bray was very tallented and CDD was commited to him as the QB. Worley would have had to come into the games and played on Johnny Football's level to have unseated Bray.

Worley may prove to be a flop but its not possible to determine that yet based on the information available.

I think it's quite possible that we will so both Worley and Peterman playing a lot this season. While I think Worley will be a better game manager, short passing style QB I also think that Peterman's ability to take off and run will be very useful in some games and situations.

I agree with you on HS stats being meaningless when it comes to picking a starting QB in the SEC.

Surely you wouldn't pick your starting QB based on who besides yourself recruited him? Was Dobbs and Ferguson offered by every SEC team? How about Peterman? Thought we beat out Cincinati for him but some folks think he's the man. I don't know the answer but I thought Dobbs picked UT over Arizona ST? Not exactly like beating out Alabama or LSU for a recruit but he appears to have caught the favor of the message board without a body of work to review?

Since CBJ is new, Worley and Peterman have had a 6 month chance to show what they've got. Worley does have film from playing the last 2 seasons for review. The freshmen haven't had any chance to show their stuff yet.

By all appearances, CBJ appeared to have Worley receiving a higher percentage of the 1st team snaps in spring training vs Peterman. Worley was clocked throwing the fball just slightly slower than Bray last season so arm strength isn't an issue. I was very encouraged from what I saw of Worley last season but that is strictly an opinion that many others don't share.

I for one will be shocked if Worley doesn't start the season as the man and given liberal opportunities to be successful. I haven't seen any facts that point in any other direction but then I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn express last night either.
I'll give ya a like on that one

VN Store

Back